|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Large new RV Park now open near Morelia

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Snow River TC

BC Canada summer / Jalisco, Mexico winter

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/12 12:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I visited Arturo 2 years ago & toured his site. he is now open. I am not sure how he has resolved access issues, I know he was trying to get access form the Cuota. The park is located near Morelia

here is my GPS file on it:

San Juan del Lago RV Resort

W 101.12239
N 19.90282

Under construction 2010, expected open 2012 or maybe earlier. Access road will be very steep unless access is granted from Hwy 15 Toll road

60 Full Hookup Sites
Laundry
Restaurant planned
Wi-Fi planned
Spa
Year Round

Hwy 15 Mexico-Guadalajara Km 237
Access via San Juan Tararameo-Benito Juarez

Hi everyone!

My name is Arturo Barrera; I’m a Mexican born nationalized American. From 1985 to 1990 working in the construction industry I lived full time in a class A motor home, that allow me to enjoy all the benefits of being mobile and the economical life style that RVing can give you. Living in California over the years I was able to see how the RV market grew and in particular how the Canadian and American RV Retired community also grew. Spending some time in the Quartzite Arizona area I was able to identify some of the problems and challenges that RV’ers have in finding quality products and services and adjusting to full time RVing.
So since then, I started to plan the development of the ideal RV retirement community. And finally after living in California and working for 30 years in the real estate industry specializing in property management I was able to start my dream RV Resort.
I would like to introduce to you “San Juan del Lago RV Resort & Spa” a 55 and over RV Active Retirement Community designed to give you the best of the RV life style. The Resort when finished will have 60 RV spaces with full hookups, a restaurant/bar/shop, full bathrooms, and laundry room, Terrace with panoramic views, recreational areas and Spa services. In addition we also provide guide and support services for those that are staying with us and are traveling in their RV in Mexico. Including all the preparations for travel from the American border.
As a promotion for the 2012/2013 Season we are offering a one-week free stay at the RV Resort.
By November 2012 we’ll have 20 RV spaces available for leasing. By October 2013 the remaining 40 RV spaces will be available for leasing. We offer one to three year leases starting at $2000 dollars per year.
You will receive one RV space with water and sewer hookups included (electricity you pay what you consume, and we suggest to have your own solar/wind system) the spaces are 30 by 60 feet average all with panoramic views of the lake and mountain. And you will also receive discounts in all the Resort and Spa services. We are pet friendly.
We are perfect as a Home base to explore the central tourist destinations of Mexico and a few hours from the Pacific to the Gulf of Mexico tourist destinations. Being reassured that a full staff is backing you up all the way with all the help you may need.
If you decide to make Mexico your RV Retirement destination full time or part time it makes sense to take advantage of all the benefits we have to offer you. One of the many advantages of leasing is being able to customize your space. In Mexico you can get 10-year permits for your RV vehicle and can take advantage of leaving it in storage at the Resort while you travel back home in an airplane. Making it even more economical and less tiring to travel back and forth. In our area we have Morelia International Airport with daily flights to Huston Texas and Los Angeles. Our area also offers excellent full medical care at very reasonably rates, shopping centers, entertainment activities RV and vehicle repair and much more.
We are dedicated to help you make your Mexico RV Retirement plans come true
With prior notice we are available to receive any RV traveler that wants to visit.
For information please write me at: info@sanjuandellago.com and visit our web site: www.sanjuandellago.com

Sincerely,

Arturo Barrera

fugawibill

Mazatlan, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/12 01:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks, be there in two weeks or so. Am now in Hacienda Contreras.

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/12 09:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 08/21/12 08:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We drove for hours trying to find the access and no one answered any of the phone numbers we had. That was last October. We went to a water park nearby which was 150 pesos a night, electric only.

I hope he got it resolved but I doubt he will have access from the cuota.

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

briansue

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 08/21/12 10:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I tried to get on the website and could not. I found the location using the LatLon but Google Earth picture is from 2007 so nothing there. So far I see no directions telling anyone how to find it - what exit to take or roads or turns. Arturo doesn't seem to be ready yet.

http://www.briansue2.blogspot.com

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 08/21/12 11:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A friendly fraquicero of a gasolinera told me about his process of gaining access to his gasolinera from a cuota in Michoacan (Mex 14-D).

It was a horrible fight between PEMEX and the concessionaire of the cuota. Lots of lawyers, the insurance company got into the thick of things, and it took a year of wrangling, threats, (and probably bribes and promises), and a mountain of paperwork to get pavement set to the shoulder of the autopista.

Myself, doing this would be something I would not like to tangle with.

Snow River TC

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/12 10:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I asked him about this, no access yet from Cuota you have to go through San Miguel, but the road has been improved & paved, he says and no problem for larger rigs now.

he is ready, i will write him back and have him lay out step by step instructions & post them in this thread.

Snow River TC

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/12 11:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

well that helped a lot. Not. here is his reple

Hi Paul,

Please have those interested in visiting the Resort contact me one week before their arrival, that way I will have time to prepare. Attached are two google maps that give you the GPS coordinates and show the main highways near us.

Gracias y Saludos!

Art H. Barrera
San Juan del Lago RV Resort
http://sanjuandellago.com
info@sanjuandellago.com
(310) 592-5890 (USA)
011-52-1-443- 228-3839 (phone in Mexico)

Snow River TC

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/12 04:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i already posted them, I took them in person 2 years ago. You have to go in off hwy 43

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/12 12:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We would really like to find out how to get there. We had so much fun last year in Morelia and Patzcuaro. I hope he can get the details worked out. Does he have the GPS points?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Large new RV Park now open near Morelia
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS