|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Where to stay - Bryce and Zion Natl Pks

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
alisk

Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/12 04:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Been to RV park reviews, now I'm turning to you-all for recommendations. We are contemplating stays near Bryce and near Zion for next summer. What are your recommendations? We're in a 40' MH w/TV and would like 50 amp elec/sewer/H20

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

J and A

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/12 04:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

At Bryce there is Ruby's right at the gate to the park and a KOA down the road a few miles at Tropic (IIRC). Ruby's is a major tourist trap and expensive but they are as close as you can get. The park shuttle bus stops right there too.

We stayed for eight days down at Escalante a few weeks ago but that is too far away. We wanted to be near the back country roads there which is why we picked it.

Last time we stayed at Zion we stayed at the park CG. But there are a number of CG right outside the park. I'll have say that I was rather unhappy with the way Zion is being run lately, lots of park police with bad attitudes. An the park is overcrowded since they aren't allowing you to drive in (at least a few years ago) which means everyone is crammed around the visitor center. They even had cops giving out parking tickets there.

And I assume you know about the tunnel into Zion and RV's

You can expect Zion to be much hotter than Bryce. It is a lot lower in altitude.

Glendale Titanium 29E34TS fifth wheel
2012 Ford F-350 4WD Lariat 6.7L
PullRite OE Series Super5th 18K
Superbumper

ClaireOKC

Oklahoma City

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/12 04:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We're headed out that way in a couple of weeks and will let you know. I presume you're looking for cable TV too.

alisk wrote:

Been to RV park reviews, now I'm turning to you-all for recommendations. We are contemplating stays near Bryce and near Zion for next summer. What are your recommendations? We're in a 40' MH w/TV and would like 50 amp elec/sewer/H20

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

We'd rather be out traveling, but I still work so we're part-timers.
This is our Facebook page and
CWUAP Blog is where I blog about our trips

4x4Bob

California.

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/12 04:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check out Zion River Rv Park. You could park Motor Home and drive the toad up to Bryce Canyon for a day trip. We did this and did not have to worry about going through the tunnel.

Bob

2001 2500 Silverado LS 4x4 6.0, 4.10
2007 Jayco Eagle 288RLS
Cocktails for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2
--------------------
End of dirt road, no signs in sight, sun going down: I am not lost, just getting ready to go camping.

sgtpp214

Washburn, WI

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/12 04:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stayed in Cedar, UT when we visited Bryce and Zion. We did not stay at the KOA, but had to go there to do wash. We have an aversion to KOA's, but would highly recommend this one as it had nice sized sites and friendly owners. The location required we drive about an hour to Bryce and about 45 minutes to Zion, but diesel was a lot cheaper then.

Driving that much we got to see a lot more sites in the area then staying at the respective parks. There is a lot more to see in the area then the parks. Have a good summer.

Dave Kedrowski
2004.5 White Dodge Ram3500 SLT QuadCab 4x4 Cummins Auto 4.1 Antislip SRW SWB Sport Appearance

2011 Keystone Montana 3150RL, Pullrite SuperGlide, Prodigy Brake Controller.

Roadpilot

NH Seacoast

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/12 05:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stayed at the KOA in Cedar City so we could stay in one spot and visit both Bryce and Zion. This is a very nice KOA.

2006 Millennium Prevost
2013 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Black Diamond
2009 HD Electra Glide CVO Screaming Eagle - mine
2009 Yamaha VStar950 - DW
Cruiser Caddie motorcycle lift

joe b.

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/12 07:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This summer we stayed in kanab Utah at the RV Corral Campground and day tripped to Zion and Bryce, as well as to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. It had 50 amp available, I believe, even though we only use 30 amp. The back in sites on the east side of the campground are the best IMHO. Lots of room to maneuver into them and they are large and long. The pull throughs are hit and miss and some are angled strangely to me. It is clean, well managed and reasonable in cost.

joe b.
Stuart Florida
Formerly of Colorado and Alaska
2011 Chevy 3500 DRW Dmax CC 4X4- Rockwood 8281 SS 5th Whl & 2008 Lance 845 TC
www.pajbcooper.com web site
Alaska-Colorado and other Trips posted
"Without challenge, adventure is impossible".

All58Parks

Washington State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/12 07:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stayed at Zion River RV Resort and I would definately stay there again if I wanted hook-ups. Otherwise, the campground at the park looked very nice when we drove through.

2014 Wildcat Maxx 26bhs
2014 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew

Camper Mama Bear

New Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/12 08:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

about 8 years ago we stayed at the KOA and then went to both Zion and Bryce from there. Found that to be the best for us going through the area. We did one day at each park. short, but that was the plan on our 3 week loop through the west. if you have the time to explore the parks more, stay in the parks.

Good Sam Life Members. Camping with two young children in a 2007 Pilgrim fifth wheel (278BHSS) pulled with a 2002 F350.

2gypsies

Enjoying the West!

View Profile

Posted: 08/21/12 12:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can't understand why folks don't stay near each park. Day-tripping really doesn't give you the whole park experience. The drives are long and you're rushed to try to see everything in one day. Returning uses more fuel and more time. Do yourself a favor and stay at each park and spend at least a couple days touring each park. For Zion, Watchman campground IN the park itself has 50 amp and our 40' motorhome and Jeep fit just fine. You have a short scenic walk to catch the shuttle bus or you can drive. The Visitor Center is right there. If you don't want that there are parks in Springdale just outside the park's entrance and the shuttle bus can pick you up there. The free shuttles are a very pleasant way to see Zion. You can get on and off when you want for a hike or lunch and you don't have tons of cars to deal with on the one road through the park.
For Bryce, if you want hookups the best is Ruby's, right outside the park entrance. Again, you can hop on the free shuttle right there or you can drive into the park. There are others nearby but they're all expensive like Ruby's. However, Ruby's has a little more scenery and things to do - trinket shopping and restaurant, fuel and even RV repair. It's a huge complex. You can also get a 40' RV in the park's campground. You won't have utilities but there is a dump station. For both parks we much prefer staying IN the parks themselves. Have a good trip!

Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Where to stay - Bryce and Zion Natl Pks
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS