|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Working For Dish Network

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
ShePointsIDig

Orlando, FL

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/12 10:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not sure what to make of this, but surprise doesn't come to mind.

Summary:

Working at Dish Network (DISH) is no walk in the park, if you read disgruntled employees’ reviews on jobs site Glassdoor.com. “Management treats you like monkeys,” complains one advanced technical support representative in Hilliard, Ohio. It’s apparently so bad that the satellite TV company is the worst employer in the U.S. in a ranking by news site 24/7 Wall St. based on reviews on Glassdoor.

Working At Dish Network

johnrbd

San Joaquin Valley

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/12 11:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Doesn't sound much different than working at most large companies. At least the employees get free Dish service at home, and it sure beats the unemployment line.

inflt48

US

View Profile

Posted: 08/21/12 07:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

as a former Dish employee, I can tell you the article is spot on. As to free Dish service, Direct gives employees their top of line package, all included, free. Dish gets the America 120 package only. Nice, but it just shows management attitude. It wouldn't have cost them anything to match direct, but that's Charlie Ergen for you.

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/21/12 07:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is universal. In my working life I traveled quite a bit working with numerous other companies. If there was anything in common with any of them it was the almost universal complaints about how bad their company was to work for and how screwed up their management was. And the employees of the company I worked for were the same way. But at the same time a very large number of all those employees who did the most complaining had been with their companies 15, 20, 30 years or more!!! Just human nature.

We have Dish at home and in the RV. I have called them quite a few times for various reasons; starting up a new receiver in the RV, changing service address while traveling to get new local channels, setting up a Tailgater the first time, failed remote that needed replacing, etc. Every time I have spoken with one of their customer service reps I have been somewhat amazed at how friendly, helpful, and cheerful they seem to be. Hard to believe it could be that good of an act of a disgruntled employee treated "like a monkey".

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 08/21/12 01:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you go by court records (Number of law suites per thousand employees and win/loss ratio) I think Wal-mart ranks number one on the bad list.

But then.. They took that crown from State of Mich some years ago.. The state improved a bit (Eventually) due to the old managers who were hired in the "Jump Slave" days retiring off. (Yes, I worked for the State was once a Union Steward).

There rare many companies that are not all that good to work for.
There are a few who are fantastic.

I just read an article on the benefits of working for GOOGLE.. Turns out they do some very nice things for their workers.. However I do not know how they are to work for.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Working For Dish Network
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS