RV.Net Open Roads Forum: With Fleetwood out of business where do you buy OE parts?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> With Fleetwood out of business where do you buy OE parts?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Tim-n-Deb

Lancaster, CA

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/12 02:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try this place:

Visone Auto Parts

2008 Fleetwood Expedition
FMCA #379187

Bruce Brown

Northern NY

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/12 04:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just to clarify a bit; the old Fleetwood did indeed go bankrupt, however they were purchased out of bankruptcy and the new Fleetwood is indeed alive and well - and by all accounts doing a wonderful job not only on the new products but offering excellent support on the older products.

I was never a big fan of the old Fleetwood, and yes we once owned one. I have nothing but respect for the new Fleetwood.

There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

msmith1199

Central, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/23/12 10:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You know a tire blowing out and causing damage to your motorhome is something that is covered under your comprehensive insurance. The tire itself is not covered, but the damage it caused is. And a claim on your comprehensive generally does not count against you when it comes time to raise your premiums.

Although Fleetwood is not out of business, National RV is and that is who made my motorhome. People have told me I'd be in trouble if I ever had body damage to my front or end cap because it would cost a forture to have one custom made. I pointed out that I would not be in trouble, my insurance company would be in trouble because they are the one that has to fix it. If somebody has to custom make a part to do so then that's up to the insurance to pay for.

2004 National Tropi-Cal T-350, Class A, Triple slide, 330 HP Cat DP.
2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4

UsualSuspect

Saugus, CA

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/12 01:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have ordered a few things from them, was able to get a build sheet, and a few wiring diagrams.

2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40E Cat C7 350 HP
2007 Chev 2500HD D/A Long bed CC (Yes, it is my TOAD )
2011 Toyota Tundra
Gone but not forgotten, 2008 Jayco 299 RLS

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/12 12:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

msmith1199 wrote:

You know a tire blowing out and causing damage to your motorhome is something that is covered under your comprehensive insurance. The tire itself is not covered, but the damage it caused is. And a claim on your comprehensive generally does not count against you when it comes time to raise your premiums.

Although Fleetwood is not out of business, National RV is and that is who made my motorhome. People have told me I'd be in trouble if I ever had body damage to my front or end cap because it would cost a forture to have one custom made. I pointed out that I would not be in trouble, my insurance company would be in trouble because they are the one that has to fix it. If somebody has to custom make a part to do so then that's up to the insurance to pay for.

I think you better call your insurance company and give THIS hypothetical to them, and see IF by your contract with them if they have to spend extra money to get a part no longer available. I don't believe they do. When we have repaired RV's and they are out of production and parts no longer available, we only have to get as close as possible per the Insurance company. Doug

raindove

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/23/12 01:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1-800-322-8216 Fleetwood Parts
We just ordered Fleetwood parts this week. They are very helpful.

Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

Wanda

1998 Fleetwood Bounder

Sully2

Cincinnati

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/23/12 04:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bruce Brown wrote:

Just to clarify a bit; the old Fleetwood did indeed go bankrupt, however they were purchased out of bankruptcy and the new Fleetwood is indeed alive and well - and by all accounts doing a wonderful job not only on the new products but offering excellent support on the older products.

I was never a big fan of the old Fleetwood, and yes we once owned one. I have nothing but respect for the new Fleetwood.

But they never had.... Comfort Drive.......LOL

2000 Country Coach Allure; Cummins ISC 330 HP; 71/2 - 8 MPG regardless
2002 Jeep Liberty

Sully2

Cincinnati

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/23/12 04:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

msmith1199 wrote:

What if it takes 2 years for the item to be made....???

eadeal55

Suffolk VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/23/12 04:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've had luck contacting Fleetwood via their website. I gave them the FIN off my Certificate of Origin, and got the specific coach and chassis wiring diagrams and the actual build sheet for my motorhome

Andy & Lee, plus Ruby (15) & Bella (10), the Cocker Spaniel girls
'05 Fleetwood Bounder 33R, F53 w/6.8L V10...towing a
'07 Chevy HHR LT2 w/2.4L EcoTec,
Blue Ox Aventa LX, Brake Buddy Classic
FMCA #F359977 - Colonial Virginians, President 2012-14

Livies Dad

Indian Trail, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/23/12 06:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

after 30 yrs of rving,last sept a tree attacked my right rear corner
of m.h.and I called Fleetwood with my FIN # and had the part in one week. Good Seervice and I thought the price was fair.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> With Fleetwood out of business where do you buy OE parts?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS