|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> RV Model Year consistency

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
LostinAZ

At Home

View Profile

Posted: 08/25/12 12:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting article about this troublesome issue:

RV Blue Ox Survey

Note the interesting additional comment about general RV Quality:"........................... They (the manufacturers) need to agree on a coordinated approach to improve the overall RV business as a whole, and I know quality is not the main topic here, but a lot of them are still building substandard units and customers can tell.”

jdog

Northern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/25/12 02:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I went to a RV show in February 2005. There was a 2006 Model Cardinal there. I ended up ordering a new 2006 Cardinal. I was told it would be a 2006 model since they were selling the new models. Now when I went back to the selling dealer to trade for a motorhome, I was told that my trailer was a 2005 model because I bought it in 2005. The model I bought was only made in the 2006 model line. I got pissed and left. I think the jerk salesman did that in order to justify a low low trade in value. These dealers play all kinds of games with model years.

Markiemark32

Atlanta

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/25/12 02:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't know if it troublesome

or more like Marketing Games,

along with the HIGH MSRP prices posted.

There is a actual build date on my unit, door-jam area. Don't know if that is standard across the industry, but this would let buyer know how long it has sat around, been out, etc.......

Markiemark

Dandy Dan

Findlay, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/25/12 03:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jdog wrote:

I went to a RV show in February 2005. There was a 2006 Model Cardinal there. I ended up ordering a new 2006 Cardinal. I was told it would be a 2006 model since they were selling the new models. Now when I went back to the selling dealer to trade for a motorhome, I was told that my trailer was a 2005 model because I bought it in 2005. The model I bought was only made in the 2006 model line. I got pissed and left. I think the jerk salesman did that in order to justify a low low trade in value. These dealers play all kinds of games with model years.

Jdog, What does it say on your title? That should remove all doubt. Good Luck and Happy Camping

dan218b@tds.net
Dan and Lori Branson
Anna 1 (the rescue) Sarah (the rescue)
and Beau (waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)
2005 Dodge QuadCab 2500 4x4 Hemi
2009 Open Range 337RLS
RV.Net Ohio Rally Member

jdog

Northern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/26/12 11:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dandy Dan wrote:

jdog wrote:

Jdog, What does it say on your title? That should remove all doubt. Good Luck and Happy Camping

What would it say if you bought a 2006 model, that did not exist in the 2005 model line, in 2005? The person at the dealer whom did the paper work as the finance person when I bought is the salesman at the show. He could have it say what ever he wanted it to be.

Ron&Renita

Macon, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/27/12 04:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check the VIN number on your trailer. The 10th character is the model year that it was built as. If it's a 5 then 2005, a 6 it's 2006.

2012 F150 XLT, 4x4 Reg cab long bed Ecoboost
2006 Jayco JayFlight 25RKS

LostinAZ

At Home

View Profile

Posted: 08/27/12 10:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think there is a bit of confusion about what this subject is about. The issue is there is no consistency between manufacturers about when new model year RV's come out. Some manufactures have been known to skip a whole year, some new year models come out in the spring of the previous year, some in the summer, some in the fall.

FoCoNoCo

Fort Collins, Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 08/27/12 11:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ron&Renita wrote:

Check the VIN number on your trailer. The 10th character is the model year that it was built as. If it's a 5 then 2005, a 6 it's 2006.

Ding Ding Ding! That is the best and most accurate answer - when in doubt, check the VIN number. Even the DMV, dealership, Dept of Revenue etc can make a typing mistake on a title or title application. The VIN holds the truth.

wny_pat

Western NYS

View Profile

Posted: 08/27/12 11:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just like the auto industry. It use to be the new "2013" models came out in November of 2012. But now they try to jump the gun on the competition and come out a whole year early. They know nothing about marketing principles, but they do have MBA degrees!

“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

jdog

Northern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/27/12 11:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

O.K. Let's say I have a 2005 Model built as a 2006 Model that did not exist in 2005, a new 2006 Model built in 2005. How do I determine the value of this trailer? I can not look it up in NADA because this model did not exist in 2005.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> RV Model Year consistency
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS