RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: LAKE SOMERVILLE TX

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Irish Tinkers

Dalton. MA

View Profile

Posted: 08/25/12 09:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are looking to do some camping in two weeks in LAKE SOMERVILLE TX
We will need power and water and some shade... Any idea what camp ground would be best?

easttexan

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/26/12 06:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have stayed at one adjacent to the dam and another one on the northwest side of the lake. We like the one near the dam best,but its been awhile and memories fade!

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/12 08:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our preference has always been Rocky Creek. Nice location, well laid out sites and LOTS of wildlife to watch in the campground. It is also handy to the town of Brenhen for supplies and entertainment.

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

rocmoc

Southern AZ/Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/12 07:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The campgrounds were having a major Argentine Ant problem spring 2011. Take a good spray with you and use it on everything that touches the ground. I read about the ant problem on the RV Park review site and called the park as there is nothing about it on their website. The person I talked to said they were trying to control them but very very difficult. We had reservations and cancelled. I asked for my cancellation fee returned but they would not refund it. Great location but the ants are a problem.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

rocmoc n Southern AZ/Mexico

southerngirl76

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/12 12:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I live between Brenham and Somerville about 10 miles from the lake. Grew up at Lake Somerville. Overlook marina and campground is by the dam, then there is Welch Park on the other side of the dam close to Somerville. On the North side of the lake is both Nails Creek SP and Birch Creek SP. My personal recommendation would be Rocky Creek. Nice clean place, well laid out sites compared to the other campgrounds. If you need to go into a town for anything I highly recommend Brenham over Somerville and if you would like to know which restaurants to go to or to stay away from I will be happy to give you some adivce there as well. For starters the Brenham airport has a restaurant called Southern Flyer that has excellent food, especially burgers, chicken fried steaks and milk shakes. My daughter works there - all the waitstaff wears poodle skirts. There is an outside patio and you can watch the planes land and take off.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS