RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Good Sam Club: Pilot-Flying J locations vs "dealer" locations

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Club

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Club

> Pilot-Flying J locations vs "dealer" locations

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
sdianel

Tampa, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/03/12 07:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

how do we tell if the Pilot-Flying J location accepts our RV Plus Card or not?? how can we tell if it's a "dealer" location? I downloaded the list of locations but I didn't see where it told whether it was a store location or "dealer" location.

We stopped at a Town Pump Flying J location in Montana and they said because they didn't have an RV Island they didn't accept the card at the truck island.
Sorry I didn't keep the receipt. Wasn't worth it at the time but we're going to stop again tomorrow for fuel in Oregon and want to know before we stop if they accept the card.
Maybe you can get them to post something on their website?
more confused than ever!!

please help!!
thanks!

Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

docj

Fulltime--Home is where we park it

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/03/12 08:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Download the Flying J/Pilot RV directory: RV directory

The Montana sites all say that the discount is honored in the truck lanes, but I believe you need to use "Pump Start" in order to get it.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/braking system
WiFiRanger Ambassador/RVParkReviews administrator
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

haddy1

Chesterfield, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/03/12 11:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm not sure how you identify "dealers" on the web, but the PFJ magazine, available at all locations, lists all outlets and identifies what they are.

2012 Tiffin Phaeton 36QSH
2007 Jeep Wrangler Toad

sdianel

Tampa, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/04/12 12:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

By Pump Start do you mean using the Pilot Flying J card (not the Good Sam RV Plus Card) to start the pump, pump the fuel and then go inside to pay with a different credit card than the RV Plus Card??
The one we stopped at in Montana (Columbia Falls) said they don't accept either card because they don't have an RV Island.
docj - thanks. I downloaded the RV directory. Still the instructions are confusing.

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 09/04/12 04:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They except the cards at the truck isles,you just have to go inside and hope you get a clerk that knows how it works.

Other half is camping with the angels,Riding alone for now.

2008 3500 Dodge Ram CTD dually 4X4 SOLD
2007 Gulfstream Endura Max 40 SOLD
2001 Polaris Ranger 4X4 SOLD
Harley Dyna Lowrider.

Mod Pics

TinyoneRV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/04/12 05:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Class B motorhome that goes into the automobile lanes for fueling. I think I've used the RV plus card there and gotten the discount. I have no need to use the RV lanes even when they are available.

So, is the discount only available at the RV lanes? Thought I knew how this works. Now I'm confused!

GoodSamFamily

Home

Administrator

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/04/12 01:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Pilot Flying J RV Plus Card is accepted at all locations, except a few “dealer” locations in which Pilot Flying J only supplies diesel fuel at the truck lanes. So while the RV Plus Card is accepted at the truck diesel lanes at the dealer locations, it is not accepted for gas or diesel purchases at the Auto/RV lanes or inside the store. For a list of these locations, please visit http://pilotflyingj.com/ or pick up an RV Travel Guide at any Camping World Super Center or Pilot Flying J location. Plus, check out the August-September issue of Highways magazine that arrived in-homes mid August. The Member Benefits section of that issue is packed with helpful Q&A about how the RV Plus Card works! If you don't have that issue anymore, visit http://www.goodsamclub.com/highways to view that issue online!

Good Sam Member Services

DznyFan

Northern VA

View Profile

Posted: 09/10/12 12:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TinyoneRV wrote:

So, is the discount only available at the RV lanes? Thought I knew how this works. Now I'm confused!

I used my RV Plus card to fill up my Toyota using the auto lane at a NJ Flying J on Saturday. The attendant, no self serve in NJ, didn't even blink when I handed it to him.

2012 Tiffin Allegro 36LA

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Club

> Pilot-Flying J locations vs "dealer" locations
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Club

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS