|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Main Slide Adjustment

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
gtmcx2

PA

View Profile

Posted: 09/27/12 02:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2004 Keystone Challenger 38' 5th Wheel with bedroom, desk, and sofa-dinette slides.

Hoping someone can link me to instructions on adjusting the living room sofa - dinette slideout. When fully open there is a gap of approx in the upper right top and side. When closed all is fine.
This happens to be the only slide I can easily access the underneath rails etc.

bbeezzz

Edmonton

View Profile

Posted: 09/27/12 05:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had a similar problem on our 2008 Challenger, however there was a gap at both ends and around the top. While in Moab, a strong wind blew against the slide, rocked it and in blew dust,leaves and twigs. When the wind died down, I checked the slide, and you could push at the top of the slide and the entire slide would rock back and forth. It was sealed at the bottom on each end, got progressively looser as you felt up between the slide seal and fiver wall and loose all around the top. In other words, I could get my finger in between the seal and wall.
On return from our trip, I took the unit to our trusted service department who advised the slide was in tolerance and did not need adjustment. Me not happy.
I got out the manual and began to check how the adjustments worked while crawling under the fiver.
Underneath the slide you will see an adjustment bolt that will allow you to raise or lower each end of the slide. There should be two lock down bolts which holds everything in place. I dropped our slide about a 1/2" on each end and now the slide is sealed tight all around. I did the first adjustments 1/4" and there was still a gap. I was satisfied with the 1/2" adjustment.
I also adjusted the slide to seal better when in the closed position. When the slide was opened, there was 1/2 an inch difference between the front and rear of the slide out as measured from the 5th wheel side wall. There is also an adjustment for this variance.
Be aware that all bolts and nuts will be well rusted and will take some lube and effort to adjust.
The Lippert manual supplies information on how to make adjustments for the slide.
http://lci1.com/images/Flyers/Owners_Manuals/slides/om-hydraulic-slide-out-web.pdf

Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 09/27/12 05:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With the online instructions & eyeballing the nuts & bolts that make it all work the slides are are deceptively ingeneously simple.

Don' forget to slacken the set bolts before messing with the adjustors.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Main Slide Adjustment
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts