|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Our last trip this year.... not why you think

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
larry barnhart

wenatchee. wa usa

View Profile

Posted: 11/22/12 08:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife has 2 new knee's and we know many folks with at least one new knee. Your story is not the normal but to you it sucks. Hope you will be better soon.
chevman

chevman
2001 35 ft avalon alpenlite RK
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy
easyrider/reese airhitch
trailair center point suspension
JT Strong Arm Stabilizers
KSH 55 inbed fuel tank
Garmin 2720
scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors

Go Dogs

South of Pittsburgh, PA

View Profile

Posted: 11/22/12 09:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Captain, One month is a long time to be having such pain. I hope all is well. Happy Thanksgiving!

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/13 06:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

D Captain,
You'll be fine, the rehab is tough as you mentioned, but the more you put in to the rehab, the more you'll get out of the procedure. A camping buddy of ours did the same thing about 4 years ago at age 60 and he's doing great now. He said the rehab's the key.

Hope to see you down the road soon!

2007 Tundra Crew Max
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Timbrens
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

travelnutz

West Michigan - On the Lakeshore

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/13 07:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So true Ron3rd

A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

travelnutz

West Michigan - On the Lakeshore

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/13 12:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wife had both knees fully replaced in 2009 and she was like a teenager about 6-7 months later and still in today as far as her knees go. She loves climbing steps now and she's 71 but couldn't without almost tears flowing for many years before to knee replacements. T'was a bad case of the kneezels she had! haha

Her back and neck is another story and is somewhat better after all the operations (18) and metal parts/fusions she's had but they (docs) and she doesn't want any more as it's tolerable now and she's had enough.

It's so bad with all the metal brackets, screws, and plates she has that we cringe just driving past an airport with all the metal dectors they have operating and keep looking for the security police with their bright gumballs going around. haha

Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/13 11:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well folks it has been 2.5 months and rehab continues. I had hoped to be 100% by the time 3 months rolled around but it looks doubtful. Still have lots of pain to go with the restricted movement but I work on it every day. Down to just a couple of happy pills a day so that is not a problem. My Physical Therapists says not to worry and while not as much as I'd like, he sees progress and is optimistic. I guess some folks just take longer, lucky me. I either have PT at the VA or go to our local gym everyday with lots of walks and Jacuzzi time as well and ice is my friend.

Quartzite is coming up and fully expect to be able to make the trip around the 20th. Went to the trailer yesterday for the first time in 3 months. Opened it up, connected the batteries, fired off the Honda and let it run for an hour., Furnace, water heater, stove, AC etc., all fired right up and ran fine. Found each of new tires down a few pounds so out came the compressor and I topped them all up to 50 psi. Can't wait to get back on the road again.

camperpaul

Wherever I park my travel trailer

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 09:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That gadget you bought is a modern version of this:

MacIntosh Electric Polysine Generator

My grandfather owned the MacIntosh Electric company until his retirement in the 1950s.

Paul
Extra Class Ham Radio operator - K9ERG (since 1956)
Retired Electronics Engineer and Antenna Designer
Was a campground host at IBSP (2006-2010) - now retired.
Single - Full-timer
2005 Four Winds 29Q
2011 2500HD 6.0L GMC Denali (Gasser)

Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/13 08:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

camperpaul wrote:

That gadget you bought is a modern version of this:

MacIntosh Electric Polysine Generator

My grandfather owned the MacIntosh Electric company until his retirement in the 1950s.

Yep, think "Young Frankenstein". I call mine "Sparky".

Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 08:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Three months have come and gone since the surgery and finally I am beginning to see some significant improvement. I was mobile enough to make our long planned trip to Quartzite, we got back this afternoon. Wasn't expecting to find help for my knee or the nerve damage in my foot (PHN), in Quartzite but think I got lucky. A pain relief booth was marketing Electrical Muscle Stimulators, a little larger than a cell phone that give you controlled bursts/steady shots of low voltage to trigger muscle movement.

My Physical Therapist has been using this technique with good results but only once or twice a week for short periods. After trying the device on my knee and foot I noted remarkable improvement immediately so I plopped down my credit card for $200.

Now I have been taking Oxycodon for over 3 months though I had weened my self down to just 2 to 3 pills a day to deal with the pain that comes with rehab, being able to sleep etc. I started treating my knee on Tuesday morning. The pain level dropped immediately from 4 to 6 to a 1 or 2. I haven't had so much as an aspirin in over 4 days. Considering all of the walking and lifting etc that comes with running a truck and trailer for a week of camping I find the change not only wonderful but absolutely amazing as does my bride.

Could it be Placebo effect? You betcha but after three months I don't care if it is. I see my surgeon next week and hopefully can gain more movement now that the pain has been reduced so dramatically. With a little luck I will see similar results with my foot.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Our last trip this year.... not why you think
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS