|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Help so I won't have to dress 2 dogs up as cats

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Me Again

Shelter Bay, Wa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/12 07:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MichDoc wrote:

Here are a couple of "pet friendly" sites that might help in your search:

Dog friendly campgrounds

Pet friendly campgrounds

Full time rving

I think being pet friendly and allowing four dogs in one site are two separate issues. Our park (Canyon Vistas) is dog friendly with even a nice new dog run last winter. The front and rear areas, and around the outside of the outer roads of the no pet area allows dogs.

The issue here is not finding a pet friendly park. The issue is finding one that will allow FOUR dogs in one site. That is going to be very difficult!

And believe me that people will turn someone in if they try to slip in without the OK from the front office. Seems there are a certain number of snowbirder's that feel they have to worry about what their neighbors are doing.

In our park there are a lot of walkers and bikers(I bike), and sometimes it can be challenging getting by someone with two dogs on two different leashes.

MAYBE this is the place to check out.
http://www.desertsedgerv.com/
Not cheap, but seems VERY dog friendly.

Chris

* This post was edited 10/20/12 07:15am by Me Again *

My Rig
2001.5 2500 STD CAB AUTO SLT 4x4, CTD 4:10's, Bomb'd to Tow
2005 Cardinal 29WBLX. Older posts can be seen by searching "Chris"

MegB

driveway

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/12 09:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have 3 small dogs and go to Florida. I have found a park for this year that allows multiple dogs,however they are considering changing their pet policy. I was told I could put out a small,low fence but they've changed their minds...it happens. Last year I stayed in a park that allowed any number,any size...there were a lot of dogs!! I like the idea of seperating the dogs/no dogs areas of a park. Good luck with your search,I understand completely.

Dog Folks

Naples, Fl. USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/12 10:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We traveled with three BIG dogs and stayed in many parks that had limit of two.

We always called the park first for permission and were welcomed "because we asked."

* This post was edited 10/20/12 10:46am by Dog Folks *

Camping Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS
We also have with us a "fur baby." A Chihuahua mix.

Full time since June 2006

OTTO

Western Washington/Gold Canyon, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/12 11:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I might be able to help. First of all, most parks who say they are dog friendly mean that they have a policy that accept dogs. They ussualy disqualify two or three of the dangerous breeds (pitbull, doberman, etc). They almost allways set a two dog maximum.

We had to find a park for friends this winter who are travelling for the first time with four small ****zues(sp?). Last season, we had to look at about 15-24 parks in Mesa/Apache Junction area. We found two for them. The first one is in Apache Junction (n. Side) but I can't remember their name. The park I found for them who agreed to four small dogs is Weavers Needle in N. Apache Junction. A real nice park with amazing views of the Superstitions. The key is if you can find a park willing to allow four dogs they have to be small AND they have to be behaved. I personally don't know why someone wants to travel with four dogs. We love dogs but one was allway enough dog love for us. It does put a big crimp in where you can stay with these dogs.

Funny you should mention Valle Del Oro-they are part of Cal Am and they instituted a two dog limit a year or two ago. Someone gave you bum info.

Dutch_12078

Great Sacandaga Lake, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/12 12:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stayed at a campground a few years back where our neighbors appeared to have two small Pekingese with them. It wasn't until a few days had passed, and having walked my dog while they were walking theirs a couple of times, that I realized I wasn't seeing the same two dogs all the time. They actually had five very similar looking Pekes on board, but only brought one or two at a time outside. I don't recall if the park had a two dog limit, or if they only brought two out at a time just for their own handling convenience. I'm not suggesting this as a ploy to circumvent any park rules either. Use you own judgement in that regard...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

MichDoc

Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/12 12:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Me Again wrote:

MichDoc wrote:

Here are a couple of "pet friendly" sites that might help in your search:

Dog friendly campgrounds

Pet friendly campgrounds

Full time rving

I think being pet friendly and allowing four dogs in one site are two separate issues. Our park (Canyon Vistas) is dog friendly with even a nice new dog run last winter. The front and rear areas, and around the outside of the outer roads of the no pet area allows dogs.

The issue here is not finding a pet friendly park. The issue is finding one that will allow FOUR dogs in one site. That is going to be very difficult!

And believe me that people will turn someone in if they try to slip in without the OK from the front office. Seems there are a certain number of snowbirder's that feel they have to worry about what their neighbors are doing.

In our park there are a lot of walkers and bikers(I bike), and sometimes it can be challenging getting by someone with two dogs on two different leashes.

MAYBE this is the place to check out.
http://www.desertsedgerv.com/
Not cheap, but seems VERY dog friendly.

Chris

I didn't mean to suggest that these websites would list places that accepted four dogs........just that they were pet friendly, so they might be a good place to start looking.

plgplr

Nebraska

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/12 02:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you all soooo much. My father recently passed away and we promised to always care for his 2 dogs, hence 4 dogs now. We love animals and we have no regrets. We always appreciate and respect the separation of non-dog and dog areas. Again thank you all!

Bob Shaw

Newnan Ga

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/21/12 08:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MegB wrote:

I have 3 small dogs and go to Florida. I have found a park for this year that allows multiple dogs,however they are considering changing their pet policy. I was told I could put out a small,low fence but they've changed their minds...it happens. Last year I stayed in a park that allowed any number,any size...there were a lot of dogs!! I like the idea of seperating the dogs/no dogs areas of a park. Good luck with your search,I understand completely.

Meg we and several others, staying at Lake Letta RV Park in Avon Park, put-out small dog fences. This past year, there was even a small "doggie park" exercise yard erected. The park managers are dog people as are a number of residents. I think two dogs are the limit, but, the manager may make an exception.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Help so I won't have to dress 2 dogs up as cats
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS