|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Auto leveling system

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
bgant4

Naples, Fl

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/12 09:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have an 2012 silverback RET. Is it practical to install auto leveling jacks on this? A lot of site need levelig side to side as well as front to back. What is your preference?

Thanks

Vulcaneer

Central New Hampshire, Naples, FL

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/12 10:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While auto leveling is nice, as long as it comes with the trailer. But I don't think I would pay the money for a retrofit system. Easier (and cheaper) to carry a couple of 2X8X4'.

I am sure there is a system out there that could be fitted to your rig. My trailer came with Lippert 4 point electric system and it works very well. Was a $4,000 item. If it wasn't already installed, I would not have it added.

'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2011 Open Range 393RLS 14,250 GVWR
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Retirement = It's all poops and giggles....UNTIL someone Giggles and Poops.

donn0128

Pronounced Ore-gun

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/12 10:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Possible? Yes, practical? Not from a financial standpoint. I level side to side before I Unhitch, then front to back. I did add a second pair of stabilizers about mid point on the frame. Makes a big difference in stability.

Don,Lorri,Max (The Rescue Flat Coat Retriever?)
The Other Dallas

richfaa

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/12 11:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we have the Lippert six point system on our 13 Big sky.It is listed as 3495.00 option OEM. It is a great addition.If it is worth it to add on is up to the consumer.

2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky. 08 Ford F-350 6.4L

jims1

tx

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/12 11:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you fulltime or even parttime then I would say get it. If you only camp a couple times a year then probably not.

'06 Ram with a Cummins
'09 36MAX1 Carrilite
Me, Alie, and Salie
Fulltiming

LostinAZ

At Home

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/12 11:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If one is a snowbird and parks the 5th wheel for 6 months at one site I find it a luxury that I can do without. If I were moving around from location to location alot all year long then I would consider it very helpful but still would question the cost/benefit ratio. Small leaks sink big ships.

kennethwooster

Perryton Tx USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/12 02:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've got the Big Foot system which I think is excellant. I'm still learning about the unit. When I get it out of storage I've got to call Big Foot and let them walk me through finding a true level. We finally figured out it was off a little. Told the dealer and he just said call them and let them help you, and added thats what we would have to do. Probably won't go back to that dealer.

kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

richfaa

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/12 03:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We do both as we sit for 5 or six months during the winter and move around a lot during the summer.Thus far it has worked perfectly and sure makes setting up and tearing down a lot easier no matter how many times you do it.It is a cost vs benefit issue and a individual choice. Since we are on then older side touching a switch and watching the 5th wheel level was worth it...for us.

jnphobe

Erie,Pa.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/27/12 11:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the Lippert 6 point system works good for us, price was right at one of our national rallies, under $2500.00

Patti and Jon Holbert
Erie,Pa.
2009 Heartland 3370 Big Horn
2011 Ford F-350 CC 4X4 Ultimate
2012 Explorer Limited Ultimate
1997 Ford F-250 SC 4X4 winter ride & plow truck

Michelle.S

Western NY till fall, then Sebring, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/27/12 02:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We did the Level-Up retrofit to our previous Montana. Worked great and beat the heck out of carrying a small lumber yard around for leveling. It came standard on our Redwood and we wouldn't have a unit without it. We're retired so we spend most of the summer traveling with our Friends so we move frequently and the system makes set-up and tear down a breeze. You have to decide for your self if the cost is justified.

2011 Chevy 3500HD Ext Cab DRW, Duramax/Allison, 2012 Redwood 36RL, Dual ACs, Fireplace, Sleep # Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Combo Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, Mor/ryde IS, Tri-Glide Pin Box, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Auto leveling system
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS