RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A or Class C With Rear Living Room?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Class A or Class C With Rear Living Room?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
cm11599ps

Long Island

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/12 02:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My parents are retired and have a hybrid. My brother has two young boys and just bought a bunkhouse TT. We just took both TT's out for the first time together and my brother's buddy also came who has a rear living room with the big picture window out back. My parents are seriously considering something like that.

If they want to dump the hybrid and upgrade to a larger TT with the rear living room then they'd have to upgrade their TV too. I was just curious to see if there was a Class A or Class C that has a rear living room. They like the idea of having the huge picture window in the back with the two swivel chairs. We do a lot of camping at the beach so this would be a great option for them. If they make a motorized camper like this then they wouldn't have to upgrade the TV.

Just checking in to see if something like this exists. Being their retired, they also wouldn't want to be climbing up into a bed. Part of the reason to ditch the hybrid, among others. I know there are plenty of TT's and 5'ers with what I want.

mwebber78

New England

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/28/12 03:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've seen this in a class c, and I've seen many floor plans.

2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

tatest

Oklahoma Green Country

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/12 03:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

New or used?

Rear lounge, used to be pretty common in C's when people still used the overhead area as the primary bed. The rear lounge area also used to be convertible to a bedroom. The bathroom, kitchen, dinette would then be forward or midships.

Once C's started getting bigger than 26-27 foot, that longer rear overhang became a bedroom. For weight balance, rear bedrooms are pretty light, and cater well to people who don't want to convert something to a bed or climb into the overhead bed. That's probably most of today's buyers.

You can also find this in A's under 24 feet, but that's going back 30 to 40 years.

You can still get some of these traditional floorplans in new C's. LazyDaze is one manufacturer that's kept them, particularly in the shorter models. Go to the LazyDaze web site and look at the floorplans. A large proportion of the LazyDaze C's you will find on the used RV market will be like the shorter current models, as their C's did not get big until much later, when there was a chassis that could handle the weight of the bigger house.

24 foot with rear lounge/bedroom.

27 foot with rear lounge/bedroom.

I've seen arrangements like these also in Winnebago and Coachmen C's going back from the '80s and in very early Winnebago A's, though the sofa might often be across the back, or in a L shape, so you would not be facing that rear picture window.

There was a rear lounge in some of the available floorplans for the GMC motorhome which would be considered an Class A today (no classification back then). My cousin had one with a rear lounge, it put the teens as far as possible from the driver.

* This post was edited 10/28/12 04:03pm by tatest *

Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

rr2254545

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/28/12 03:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not seen class A with the living room in the rear, but I carry extra power cord and hoses so that I can pull into a site (instead of backing in) to get a view of the lake or ocean. The views from the front of a Class A are one of the best benefits. I have done this several times

2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited, Air Force One
175 Campgrounds in the past 5 years

Jtermini30

Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/29/12 05:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try the Fleetwood 28Z series.

FunnyCamper

Southeastern

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/12 05:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

class A toyhauler acts as a rear living room, but getting alot more expensive.

at a cg my daughter had a friend where the grandparents would show nightly movies in the class A toyhauler. kids all piled into it and had a blast.
it was their rear living. very nice people!!

mlts22

Austin, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/12 09:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've seen some class A toyhaulers where the garage can convert between a place for the bikes, a living room with a sofa, and two queen bunks with a push of a switch.

Very versatile, likely very expensive.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Class A or Class C With Rear Living Room?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS