|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> 1986-1987 Holiday Rambler

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Holidaytoday

Upstate New York

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/12 04:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In December 1986 Holiday Rambler was sold by Klingler Corp. to Harley-Davidson.
Anyone know if there were any good/bad changes to the travel trailers between the two years of 1986 vs. 1987? They appear a little heavier in 1987.

Bowling Green, KY

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/12 06:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moved from ATC

Dklingler

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/20/12 08:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Holidaytoday wrote:

In December 1986 Holiday Rambler was sold by Klingler Corp. to Harley-Davidson.
Anyone know if there were any good/bad changes to the travel trailers between the two years of 1986 vs. 1987? They appear a little heavier in 1987.

The 1987 Holiday rambler products where the same construction as the 1986. At the time of the sale the 1987 models where in production. While Harley did make cosmetic changes while under there ownership they keep the same construction as had been developed prior to the purchase. It wasn't until Monaco purchase the company that major structural changes occurred.

Holidaytoday

Upstate New York

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/12 02:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Doug for your reply. I prefer the early 70's but I found an 1987 Imperial 31' rear bath that looks good. Any noted problems with the 80's era that you know of? John

Dklingler

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/20/12 05:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Holidaytoday wrote:

Thanks Doug for your reply. I prefer the early 70's but I found an 1987 Imperial 31' rear bath that looks good. Any noted problems with the 80's era that you know of? John

Your welcome John, Frankly I put a Holiday Rambler built in that era up against any RV built in that era or today. Holiday Rambler took their product development very seriously and built high quality RVs in all their product lines. If you've found an older cared for Holiday Rambler then you have a gem of an RV. The 1987 models were a continuation of the 1986 models with up dated interiors and some floor plan changes. There where no major structural changes to the product line that year. If the Imperial you have is an 1987 I wouldn't have fear that it is not structurally sound as long as a past owner did do something to it that they shouldn't have. As with any thing 26 years there can be problems but from what I have seen and I have seen a lot of older Holiday Ramblers they hold together very well.

Doug

Fishinghat

Western Washington, USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/12 09:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had a 1989 HR Imperial Class C 26 ft and loved it. It was very well built and performed well, so well that we bought a 1993 HR Navigator that we still have.

Holiday Rambler bult very good RVs right up until they were purchased by Monaco in the late 1990's, and then quality started to slip. Monaco declared bankruptcy in the mid 2000's. The new Monaco LLC bought the assets of the old Monaco, but is not otherwise connected to the old company.

Holiday Rambler Navigator DP, Hummer, and Honda VT1100C Shadow

Holidaytoday

Upstate New York

View Profile

Posted: 12/21/12 12:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank You Doug and Bob for your words of encouragement. I really like the older Holiday Ramblers and have admired them since the late 60's. Our neighbors had two or three starting smaller to larger. I have four I'm going to look at right after Christmas and New Years, ranging from 29' to 31' with years 1983 to 1987. As soon as I find one, I will try to send pic's. Thanks again!

John

Holidaytoday

Upstate New York

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/12 05:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am looking at a few Holiday Ramblers from 1983 to 1989. There are three series, Ambassador, Imperial and Presidential. Is the difference in the three models related to quality or is it options? All three models seem to have the same sizes. I'm looking at a 29' to 32' and the weight seems to be around 5500 lbs so they are easily towed. Thanks, John

Slowmover

Corpus Christi, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/12 08:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You all need to add some pics. Or links to brochures, etc. Raise some awareness and keep the good ones a'rollin"!

1990 35' SILVER STREAK Sterling, 9k GVWR
2004 DODGE RAM 2WD 305/555 ISB, QC SRW LB NV-5600, 9k GVWR
Hensley Arrow; 15-cpm solo, 25-cpm towing

Holidaytoday

Upstate New York

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/13 04:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am asking what the difference is between the Ambassador, Imperial and Presidential models from Holiday Rambler from the early 1980's through 1989.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> 1986-1987 Holiday Rambler
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS