|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Jayco Redhawk

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
tommy salmon

Shallowater, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/12 02:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, the boss lady has spoken! I think we have decided on a 2013 Jayco Redhawk 31XL. It appears to be just a less fancy Grayhawk 31FS, but with the Customer Value Package (which the one we are considering does have) is very similarly equipped. Formica instead of Corian countertops, more vinyl flooring than carpet (which is a plus to my style of camping) and a few less graphics on the exterior are the main differences I can see. Cloth upholestry on the sofa, dinette, and front seats. Wife liked the roominess and the option of using the extra bunks for storage when we are without kids, and not having to make down the dinette or sofa when we do have kids with us as well. Any Jayco Redhawk/Grayhawk owners out there - please advise on your opinions of your rigs - would you buy again, and why/why not. Thanks.

2013 Winnebago Vista 35F
2004 Jeep Wrangler
2011 Harley Davidson Road King Police
Gorgeous Wife, 4 kids (2 out of the nest), 18 Foster kids, Retired State Trooper/Former US Marine.

mwebber78

New England

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/12 05:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks as you described, the Greyhawk was a nice unit I'm sure this one is just as nice. Seems Jayco is adapting the same model idea as Forest River does with the Sunseeker and Forester.

Good luck!

2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

kopy kat

reno, nv

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/26/12 12:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bought my 2006 Greyhawk 27DS new and love it...

2013 Flagstaff 8528ikws---"Camp MiMiPaPa"

rehoppe

Denver & Nathrop Colo or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 12/27/12 07:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't know how the new ones are, I've got a 2000 28'. Found it needed shocks, and maybe upgrade sway bars. Also has a bit of rear end sag. Currently has 24k miles on it.

If there is an option for Air suspension, I'd recommend it. That should make the ride and handling much better. I talked to a mechanic about the issues, his comment was that the shocks, sway bars, and air bags are a very common 'add' to the factory setup. Especially if the wind blows where you travel. lol

Hoppe
2011 Dodge 1500 C'boy Caddy
2000 Jayco C 28' Ford chassis w V-10 E450
Doghouse 36' or so Trophy Classic TT

spikehorn

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/12 04:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 2011 Greyhawk 31FK which we bought new. Our interior sounds much like the Redhawk you described. I haven't heard of the Redhawk. We have had very few problems and have driven our Greyhawk from VT to AK twice. I do wish that we had looked our unit over more thoroughly upon taking delivery. The fine Amish workmanship which Jayco advertises is lacking in some of the trim and cabinet work. We are presently having warranty work done at the dealership which is dragging on. Our bumper rusted and house generator loses charge. The dealership has had our unit for two months! This is our third Class C and aside from a few small problems we like it very much.

Cruisineasy

Hayward

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/12 01:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2011 Greyhawk 31DS. Bought it brand new. So far, no problems. It's gets a bit hairy when driving in the wind but other than your occasional normal things, there has been no problems..
Enjoy

mwebber78

New England

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/01/13 07:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

spikehorn, The bumper rust is a common problem on the recent Jayco Class C models. When shopping for our current Class C we looked at Jayco, a factory fresh unit already had surface rust poking through on the white painted rear bumper. Upon looking at 6 or so units on the lot all had some form of rust.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Jayco Redhawk
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS