RV.Net Open Roads Forum: 2014 Ford Transit Pictures! 3.2L Diesel 3.5 Ecobost, 3.7L

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 2014 Ford Transit Pictures! 3.2L Diesel 3.5 Ecobost, 3.7L

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
Golden_HVAC

Fulltime, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/12 03:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I finally found some pictures that Ford posted of the new 2014 Transit full size van to replace the Econoline vans. At first only the light and medium duty vans will get the new look, while DRW E-350 and E-450 cab and chassis motorhome chassis will still be built in Ohio with the old look.

This is the Ford official news release!

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=37513

The all-new 3.2-liter Power Stroke five-cylinder common rail turbo diesel, based on Ford’s proven Duratorq global diesel engine architecture, features state-of-the-art fuel, turbo and emissions systems that meet stringent U.S. clean diesel standards, providing an ideal balance of fuel economy and job capability.

For maximum capability, the 3.5-liter EcoBoost promises to be a trusted workhorse, whether carrying materials to the job site or towing a trailer with Transit’s available Class IV hitch.

Each engine is paired with a six-speed automatic transmission for efficient rear-wheel-drive operation.

This is a picture of the new style Transit Connect, compact cargo van. It will have a 2.5L inline 4 or inline 4 1.6L Ecoboost getting up to 30 MPG highway. 6 Speed transmissions will achieve higher MPG while maintaining very low engine rpm at freeway speeds.

This is the other link to ford News Release

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=37514

Now - April 1, 2013, if you go to Ford.com website, you can see this picture of the Transit on their "Upcoming" products page.

It looks like it will seat 15 in this configuration. Looks like you can see 4 rows of seats, just like the E-350 supervan has. But this looks like it is not the super long van that they will be producing.

Fred.

* This post was last edited 04/01/13 02:07am by Golden_HVAC *   View edit history

Lessmore

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/12 03:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like it and I'm a fan of the old E series...all the generations from the '60's on. No V8 though...oh well modern world.

Wonder what GM will do, now that Dodge and Ford full size vans are Europeanized ?

Will an Opel commercial van be on the horizon ?

Wonder if Nissan is a day late and a dollar short with old school styled North American type van, they brought out not too long ago ? Has a V8...and a V6...or maybe Nissan will clean up....with the individuals and companies that want a traditional van with a V8....if GM goes Euro.

carringb

Corvallis, OR

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/12 04:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The pictures really don't do justice for how big the Transit is. The Regular wheelbase low roof has more space than current E-series, but then there's many sizes bigger to choose from.

Also surprising is it is 2" wider than the E-series.

Bryan

2000 Ford E350 DRW Wagon, V10 - 385,000 miles
2014 CreekSide 31KQBS (QuadSlide bunkhouse)

Golden_HVAC

Fulltime, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/12 03:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My old boss bought a full size Nissan van a few weeks ago. I asked about the decals for the sidewalls, how much smaller they would be? He said the Nissan Van has more area on the sidewalls than the Chevy van it is replacing. He and his wife like the lower driver's position, with more legroom.

The 350 HP 3.5L V6 is expected to get around 18 - 20 MPG in a full size van, something unheard of from the early full size van days. The typical 225 HP 460" van from 1975 - 1987 with a 3 speed auto did not normally get over 12 MPG. Yes it is a new day!

The full size Transit will have three roof heights, two wheelbases, and three lengths.

Fred.

* This post was edited 12/23/12 03:50pm by Golden_HVAC *

hone eagle

essex ontario canada

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/12 03:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That inline 5 banger is the rumoured F150 diesel too.If the Ram gets a diesel.

2005 Volvo 670 singled freedomline 12 speed
Newmar 34rsks 2008
Hensley trailersaver TSLB2H
maxbrake controller

-when overkill is cheaper-

winkyb

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/12 03:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am begining to see more and more of the Nissan heavy vans around here.I like them but I put the build thing in there web site and what I wanted came to around 39,000 dollars.And that was not with built in GPS and all that stuff.

Procrastinator

Southern Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/12 09:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With all the bickering on this site about diesels and Eco boost I was just surprised that no one pointed out the typo in this paragraph.

This is a picture of the new style Transit Connect, compact cargo van. It will have a 2.5L inline 4 or inline 4 1.6L Ecoboost getting up to 30 MPH highway. 6 Speed transmissions will achieve higher MPG while maintaining very low engine rpm at freeway speeds.

I am sure the eco boost will go over 30 MPH.

2003 Ford Excursion 7.3 diesel

1984 Avion 34W triple axle no slide

Husband, wife, a boy, a girl, and two great danes.

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/12 08:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

carringb wrote:

The pictures really don't do justice for how big the Transit is. The Regular wheelbase low roof has more space than current E-series, but then there's many sizes bigger to choose from.

Also surprising is it is 2" wider than the E-series

Yes they are bigger than the current E-Series. The E-series is similar to the Korean Vans in size.

The Ecoboost is not offered as an option here, but Ford Australia has the detuned 365hp, (380lbs ft of torque at 2000rpm) 4 Litre Barra Turbo Six available . It was used in the 5000lb CUV Ford Territory.

spoon059

Just north of D.C.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/12 05:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks goofy, but its good to see more aerodynamics and smaller engines that will hopefully produce sufficient power with accetable mileage ratings. That long wheelbase high roof model looks like it would be a good model for a class B RV...

2010 Tundra built in the USA by American workers. Consistently the #1 USA made truck since 2007.
1998 Nash 22H travel trailer

FishOnOne

Katy

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/12 04:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like a minivan on steroids... I other words, it looks like a turd!

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD "Built Ford Tough"
'06 Holiday Rambler 31SKD

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 2014 Ford Transit Pictures! 3.2L Diesel 3.5 Ecobost, 3.7L
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: