|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> New Class C Purchase - Would love your input

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
flexdog1

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/06/13 11:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tommy salmon wrote:

flexdog 1 - I am currently looking at a Jayco Redhawk. What did you not like about this unit? Too plain, floorplan, etc. I am not having any luck finding out about the Redhawk from Jayco or others here on this site, but it APPEARS to be the type Class C I would want. Am I missing something?

Tommy Salmon,
It is primarily the trim level that we weren't in love with. It seemed like a quality unit and has many of the same features as the GreyHawk. My georgeous wife likes the nicer trim level...
-scott

tommy salmon

Shallowater, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/13 05:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Flexdog 1 - thanks for your answer to my question. I agree the trim level of the Redhawk is somewhat generic. I like the trim level of the Grayhawk better, but I think the vinyl floor throughout the Redhawk would probably work better for me and my family. I was just curious if the "nuts and bolts" and overall structure were the same as the Grayhawk.

2013 Winnebago Vista 35F
2004 Jeep Wrangler
2011 Harley Davidson Road King Police
Gorgeous Wife, 4 kids (2 out of the nest), 18 Foster kids, Retired State Trooper/Former US Marine.

j-d

Sunny Florida USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/06/13 08:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you want a Greyhawk, can it be special ordered with the floor covering you want? I wouldn't want carpet either.
I'd describe the "trim level" in our old Escapade as "Basic Stark" but oddly it has a carpet option which I'd just as soon it didn't. I like the Winnebago Chalet series which is sold to rental fleets.

If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

gradygal

punta gorda fl

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/08/13 02:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Scott,
If you go to the Nexus factory in Elkhart, take the time to look at the Phoenix Cruiser. Their factory is in Elkhart as well.

We have had 3 PC's in the last 3 years, kept getting that dreadful disease called 2 footitis. We love their coach interior design and their factory support. We now have a 2910 and love it!

Judi

GaBound

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/13 09:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Droz that Nexus Super C 34G Ghost is ready now and the video on thier web site just came out....it's a beauty with lots of unique features.

DRoz

Peoria, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/13 09:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just noticed it. Great looking product!

flexdog1

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/13 09:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From OP...
we decided on the 2013 Jayco Seneca 37FS...
thanks for all the input.
-scott

Coach-man

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 03:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK, I get criticized for this but I think it is still good info, at least IMHO!! Some people get hung up on Ford vs Chevy, etc etc, but in MHO, I think the most telling is the floor plan! Your floor plan is what you will live with every time you use the RV, and if you think you will get used to a small inconvenience, think again it will grow into a insurmountable problem in time! You mention 6 - 8 people make sure that the RV you buy will meet your needs in all areas before signing on the dotted line! picture yourself and your 5 - 7 companions on the road in this thing, are you "just getting by"? or is your every need met? Yes your wallet will dictate some compromises, but check out different units in your price range to see if they meet your needs, thats right YOUR needs, my needs or someone else's needs may or may not fit your needs.if you have to spend a little more to meet those needs, DO IT! the difference in monthly payments will be dwarfed by the problems/inconviniance you will suffer for trying to save a couple of bucks! Good luck and hope your dreams come true!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> New Class C Purchase - Would love your input
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS