|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> 1993 Dodge RoadTrek 190 Tow hitch

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Sailingbum

shambala

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/13 12:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Greetings,
I have aquire a 1993 RT 190 popular with a rear floor storage hatch. This compartment hangs lower then the frame enough to block the instaltion of a stock van tow hitch. Does anyone know of a tow hitch tha will fit. Curt makes a class 1 euro vesion that looks like a posible but there are no measuments and it is mailorder. Any wise to
tidits would be apprecated.

* This post was edited 01/10/13 08:53pm by Sailingbum *

1995brave

San Antonio, TX

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/13 03:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Where in the world are you? Check the local U-Haul places, some carry hitches in stock.

Washington, DC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/13 03:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moved from Forum Technical Support

Sailingbum

shambala

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/13 08:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My mistake Brave . I meant tow hitch. Not Bar. The Uhaul I went to wants $370 to install one and I would have to wait a week for it to come in. If you have any helpful infomation concerning my question without the sarcasm I would appreciate it.

1995brave

San Antonio, TX

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/13 05:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most auto Parts stores sell Class 1-5 receivers. I picked U-Haul because most here have them in stock. You can also check PEP Boys, AutoZone, NAPA, etc, but they will need to order it for you.

Sailingbum

shambala

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/13 06:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I will try a different Uhaul dealer (one bad apple theorey). I was very supicious of this one who claimed they could not just sell the hitch but had to install it also ($350.( On a previous vist for another vehical they want $160 just for the wiring). I bought the whole Hitch kit online for $80 and installed it in a lazy 1/2 hour.
I have in the past purchased a stock Reese hitch from Walmart for a Dodge B350 van. It would have required removal or damage of the custom installed storage compartment previously mentioned.
This is not a stock B350 item but a custom application required for the 1993 RT 190 POPULAR Dodge RETROFIT upon the vehical which requires a drop mounted hitch cross bar approximately 2 1/2 inches lower then the stock hitch redily available.
IF YOU OR ANYONE HAS MADE THIS ADAPTION OR IS FAMILIAR WITH THE CURT CLASS 1 EURO HITCH for the B350 and if it will work on the RV adaption (Class 1 should be fine for me) without any customizing please extend your knowledge this way.
Thanks for your input.

Sailingbum

shambala

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/13 11:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This reply from the Roadtek service dept. along with plans for a custom built hitch. I am going to purchase a Standard Reese hitch and alter the storage compartment. The extra 1/4 of a square foot that blocks a standard hitch was really ill concieved.

Notice***Good Morning,
An off the shelf hitch will not work.
You will need to get a custom hitch built.
Roadtrek Motorhomes Inc. used a custom built hitch and no longer carries stock of these.
You will need to have a custom fabricating shop or hitch supplier build a hitch for you.
It is advisable that you bring your unit and these instructions to a local fabricator.
This information should help with a local hitch builder to make you a customized hitch.

Roadtrek Motorhomes Inc.
888 ROADTREK (888-762-3873

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> 1993 Dodge RoadTrek 190 Tow hitch
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS