|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Buying cruise America ex rental

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
Oznick

Sydney

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/13 02:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi....I was reading a very interesting post on the pros and cons of buying ex rental but I can't find the thread now but I have a couple of questions I was hoping some one can answer...
Does the 12 month warranty cover Canada as well?
And is the warranty transferable to a new owner?
Does cruise america have a sales office near boston ny
Me and wife and two boys are coming over from Australia in July, we land in Boston and plan to drive up too Quebec then across to vancouver,then down the west coast and hopefully into Mexico as far as mazatlan before flying out of la home.we have 6/7 months for the trip,so I was thinking the Rv might might be more appealing to the next owner with 5/6 months warranty still left? Buying ex rental could be good for me as I don't want to spend too much time driving around looking at Rv's when we arrive and if cant sell it we may store it for another year and tome back to do another trip...thanks for advice you can give...

dahkota

Fulltiming

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/13 06:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cruise America doesn't have an office is Boston but they have one in Quebec.

According to the warranty it is valid in Canada and the US.

I doubt it is transferable but you would have to call and ask.

2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped, 2014: 22

DunnInn

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/13 06:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you want a used RV in New York, try El Monte RV. I personally think they take better care of their fleet and they have an office in Linden, New Jersey, a suburb of New York city. Just a thought.

path1

Wa State (wet side)

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/13 10:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

see

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fusea........hread/tid/26035008/srt/pa/pging/1/page/1

Although I'm a pleased buyer, I would never take their warranty again. If you read the fine print it doesn't cover much

1990 37 ft King of the road 5th wheel. Great carpentry, summer home
1997 33 ft Holiday Rambler, Never again will a new RV come into this family
2003 25 ft Majestic M/H, Old RV rental Best travel machine we've ever owned.

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/13 10:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oznick
Welcome to the forum.
If you want to see the thread that talked about buying a rental it can be seen Here

I did the comparison between Cruse America and El Monte RV and El Monte came out on top. I was given a 1 Year power train Warranty with the purchase at no extra charge.Where as Cruse America wanted to sell me one at a very HIGH price. If you get a newer one they may still have the factory warranty that is transferable. Here is what is covered on a El Monte waranty

El Monte Warranty and what is inspected and certified

Here is a list of their locations El Monte Locations

Read thru the thread and if you have any more Questions just ask or send me a PM.

It sounds like you have a very ambitious trip planed,that being said you can see on the thread that the ones that ACTUALLY OWN a former Rental are very pleased with their choice and have had many miles of trouble free RV ing.

I hope this helps and keep in touch to let us know how it works out

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Recycled El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

Mike& Rose

Lake & Horse country,Blackstone Valley MA

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/13 10:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cruise America has a rental office in Stoughtom, MA. Not sure if they sell used models. Check out their web site.Cruise America http://www.cruiseamerica.com/?src=google&gclid=CNnH9If05bQCFUid4AodCVsARA
P.S. Welcome to Boston!

See you on the road!

tatest

Oklahoma Green Country

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/13 11:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If coming in through Boston, the closest Cruise America sales office will be Sainte-Rose, Quebec, just over the border from northern New York. From New York City, that might be the closest, although the sales office in northern Virginia might be easier to get to by rail or one-way car rental.

It might be possible to arrange a purchase from a sales center, with delivery through one of the rental agents.

Depending on how the well the state where you are buying implements Homeland Security mandates, it might be easier for a non-resident alien to purchase a vehicle in Canada.

If you have plans to buy in one country, and sell in another, be sure to investigate how each country handles movement of motor vehicles across frontiers.

For U.S. and Canada, citizens and legal residents can move private vehicles back and forth fairly easily, with verbal statement of intentions, but for non-residents the process might be more complicated. The purposr of our tighter vehicle registration controls post-911 was to directly address how easy it was for visitors to one country to stage attacks there, then travel in private vehicles to execute them in the other.

If you can get past those restrictions, there would still be customs issues and different vehicle certification standards, Canada vs the U.S., if you are buying in one country and selling in the other.

Going into Mexico, there will be a bit more import paperwork, directed to making sure you are not bringing in a vehicle permanently, or to sell it, without paying the appropriate fees and tariffs. Mexico allows imports, but the rules get complicated by tourist vs. resident issues.

North America doesn't work quite like the EU, where once you land as a visitor, your status is the same all the member countries.

Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

demoon

MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/13 11:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you actually come to MA, there is a private rental company in Boylston, which is about 40 miles west of Boston. We rented from them several times before buying. They take exceptional care of their units and have a pretty good inventory. Their prices are a little higher than the national outfits, but I always believe you probably get what you pay for. http://www.usamotorhomerentals.com/

path1

Wa State (wet side)

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/13 03:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Something we found out when we were buying ours that we would never think of. Some folks (or different family members) use their RV every year and leave it in storage. We thought that some good out of box thinking. One couple drove it from west coast to east coast and later in year their older kids were going to drive it back on their "holiday" (vacation) as they call it.

gotsmart

Aberdeen, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/13 10:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cruise America has more rental locations than sales locations. The following Cruise America locations also sell motorhomes:
http://www.cruiseamerica.com/buy/sales_centers/
Denver
Las Vegas
Los Angeles
Manassas
Orlando
Phoenix
Salt Lake City
San Francisco
Seattle
Calgary, AB
Montreal, QC
Toronto, ON
Vancouver, BC

2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Buying cruise America ex rental
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS