|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Coleman Mach No Time Delay

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
otbiker

Kerrville TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/15/13 05:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2013 Winne ERA with a 13500 Coleman Mach Heat Pump. Controls on ceiling assembly only, no wall mounted t-stat.

Installing a hard wired surge protector that can time delay 15 or 136 seconds. Thought I'd test the A/C time delay to confirm. Ran the A/C, shut off the breaker, restarted to find the compressor restarted. Confirmed by using an ampprobe on the circuit. Immediately restarted with 10.6 amps.

I can easily set the surge protector to 136 second delay, but I'm really surprised the A/C doesn't have short cycle protection.

BTW, I suspect the compressor is a scroll, not a recip.

Marty & Martha in Kerrville

2013 Winnebago ERA

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/13 06:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

otbiker wrote:

2013 Winne ERA with a 13500 Coleman Mach Heat Pump. Controls on ceiling assembly only, no wall mounted t-stat.

Installing a hard wired surge protector that can time delay 15 or 136 seconds. Thought I'd test the A/C time delay to confirm. Ran the A/C, shut off the breaker, restarted to find the compressor restarted. Confirmed by using an ampprobe on the circuit. Immediately restarted with 10.6 amps.

I can easily set the surge protector to 136 second delay, but I'm really surprised the A/C doesn't have short cycle protection.

BTW, I suspect the compressor is a scroll, not a recip.

I thought that that was one advantage of a multi-function surge protector, delayed restart for ACs etc. that would lead me to believe that none/most/some of the ceiling ACs do NOT have short cycle protection if they design a SP to protect them.
bumpy

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/13 06:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Roof Mounted RV AC controls cannot have the time delay. The time delay is built into the upper AC control board that is used with wall tstats. There is NO reason to have a time delay on roof mounted tstats. WHY????? Unless YOU short cycle the tstat or turn On and OFF within a few minutes, there will be NO excess load on the compressor. It just takes about 3 minutes for the compressor to equalize. Doug

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Coleman Mach No Time Delay
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS