|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Cigarette Lighter Recepticles Not Working

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
CA Traveler

The Western States

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/13 02:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Post a picture. I'm wondering if "output breaker" means that it's a circuit breaker. Some types you just push to reset.

2009 Holiday Rambler 42 Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
2004 Honda CR-V

Bob

dgo1369

Georgetown, TX, US

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/13 03:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CA Traveler wrote:

Post a picture. I'm wondering if "output breaker" means that it's a circuit breaker. Some types you just push to reset.
I'm not sure I know how to post a picture but here goes. I think it's time to have a mobile repair guy come in!

Dennis Osha

1995brave

San Antonio, TX

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/13 04:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The output breaker is a circuit breaker, not a fuse. To reset you push in the white button on the front. If it won't stay in or does not supply power. then it is burned out and needs replaced.

dgo1369

Georgetown, TX, US

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/13 07:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1995brave wrote:

The output breaker is a circuit breaker, not a fuse. To reset you push in the white button on the front. If it won't stay in or does not supply power. then it is burned out and needs replaced.

It won't stay in and now that it (the unit) has been dismantled, it will be hard to put back together. We never figured out how to replace it as that was the intention. Do you know how?

the_armadillo

SE Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/13 08:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From what I see, this unit is strictly an inverter and should not have anything to do with your malfunctioning cigarette lighter outlets. This inverter could be the cause of some non functioning 120 volt outlets but not 12 volt. The green indicator light that is illuminated means the unit is getting 12 volt power to it. You may have to remove the unit in order to get it reassembled properly. It is important to do so because it is a short hazard as it stands especially if your unit has the "T" option which acts like a transfer switch for the inverter controlled 120 outlets. Below is a link to an owners manual (may not be the correct manual since I can't tell the series). Your 12 volt lighter plug problem has to be elsewhere.

Dimension inverter manual

dgo1369

Georgetown, TX, US

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/13 04:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

the_armadillo wrote:

From what I see, this unit is strictly an inverter and should not have anything to do with your malfunctioning cigarette lighter outlets. This inverter could be the cause of some non functioning 120 volt outlets but not 12 volt. The green indicator light that is illuminated means the unit is getting 12 volt power to it. You may have to remove the unit in order to get it reassembled properly. It is important to do so because it is a short hazard as it stands especially if your unit has the "T" option which acts like a transfer switch for the inverter controlled 120 outlets. Below is a link to an owners manual (may not be the correct manual since I can't tell the series). Your 12 volt lighter plug problem has to be elsewhere.

Dimension inverter manual

I had a mobile repair guy come in today and he confirmed that the inverter had nothing to do with the problem. There is no power going to the recepticle and no easy way to track it down because almost all the wires are yellow and there must be a bezillion of them! He is going to attach another hot wire to the recepticle so it can be used.

CA Traveler

The Western States

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/13 04:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That will work but interesting that he doesn't have a wire tracer.

CA Traveler

The Western States

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/13 07:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IMHO a good tech would know where to look for a fuse as this is the most likely problem. Plus tracing the wire with either a label or wire tracer/sniffer would lead back to the fuse.

What did the wiring diagram show?

1995brave

San Antonio, TX

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/13 05:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you look at the yellow wire there should be labeling on it. It will match the code in the wiring diagram.

dgo1369

Georgetown, TX, US

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/13 09:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CA Traveler wrote:

IMHO a good tech would know where to look for a fuse as this is the most likely problem. Plus tracing the wire with either a label or wire tracer/sniffer would lead back to the fuse.

What did the wiring diagram show?

That's what I thought and he hasn't been back since yesterday so I don't know when he will be back. The wiring diagram didn't show hardly anything that can be traced back from the recepticle.

Wifi where I am is very spotty so if I don't respond quickly that's the reason.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Cigarette Lighter Recepticles Not Working
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS