|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Trailer Quality

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
N7SJN

SE Washington State

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/13 10:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As we fulltime our needs might be different than yours. Sometime back I saw a Trailer Life magazine with several new models. The one which I liked had a basement storage area with 100 cu ft. Our present TT has 47 cu ft of outside storage and there are times when we could use twice that amount. I'm not sure of the quality or the brand but pictures can always look good.

APT

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/13 06:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I somehow doubt Lance's largest TT is big enough for the OP coming from a 33' box.

A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2012 VW Passat TDI

BillB800si

S.E. MICHIGAN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/13 06:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fisherguy wrote:

WoodGlue wrote:

If you can find a Lance Travel Trailer in your part of the country, they're excellent quality. Take a look at the Factory Tour video in my signature to give you an idea.

Yes, and she's not just saying this cuz she's been RV'ing 6 months and happens to own a Lance...

===================================

Uh oh!!! now you're in trouble. She's gonna be all over you for saying that.

Bill B. (Michigan)
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 MegaCab CTD
2014 Keystone Cougar High Country 321RES trailer

RoyB

King George, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/13 06:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The toughest TT trailers I have ever are those from Australia that Robert Ryan shows us on here... They sure have a pretty price tag but are really built to withstand the "outback" there in Australia.

I don't know if they sell a US version or not as the AC voltage system there is different then ours...

I would love to own one of their beefed-up smaller off-road TT versions.

Roy Ken

x96mnn

Nova Scotia

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/13 06:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I currently own a Keystone Sprinter and find its fit, finish and construction very solid. Most who visit comment on the construction and solid feel and I like that you can see how they are built and the material used.

Problem I see with Keystone compared to some other smaller brands is they produce 30 or so different lines of campers and there seems to be a significant difference between the lower priced and higher priced RV's. I was in some that had a similar floor plan but it felt like you were going to fall through it.

I looked at Artic Fox on-line when buying and they do look amazing but they were not available in my area for purchase. When I look at a Artic Fox of similar floor plan to the Sprinter model they are within 75pds of dry weight which I have used in the past as a quality measure. There may be 100 flaws in using this theory and home work still needs to be completed but the exact same floor plan in another Keystone model is 1500pds less...that 1500pds was made up of something and I call that something quality.

* This post was edited 01/23/13 06:33am by x96mnn *

ArticFox 676

West Melbourne, Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/13 06:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Starting in 1994 we bought our first Sunline. Bought a Keystone in 2003 and was not good. Now we have an Artic Fox 2004. It is all the quality you hear about. Living in FL there is no longer a dealer here. Texas would be where we would have to go to purchase a new one. Wish Northwood would come back to FL.

RoyB

King George, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/13 06:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am sure surprised how the TRUCK CAMPERS have come a long way from days past...

This is the Lance 1172 and the Lance 1181 layouts. They have some serious inside room these days but will require a rather large truck to haul them.

sample photos from GOOGLE images

Roy Ken

WoodGlue

Los Angeles / Montana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/13 11:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nash is made by Arctic Fox - he put the parentheses in there.

JimXFarmer

Drive

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/13 11:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jayco23FB wrote:

We looked for a long time for a quality brand (24' TT). It came down to Jayco and Nash (Artic Fox is made by same company). Both had excellent quality, we decided on Jayco as they still used the aluminum siding for the exterior. We wanted the aluminum over the fiberglass as we have heard of alot of problems including fading, cracking and gel coat issues with fiberglass. So far we have been very happy with our choice. We have had two Jaycos now a BH19 and now the 23FB and have had on a stove warranty issue. Jayco also has a 2 year warranty. Hope this helps.

Are you saying Artic Fox is made by Jayco? Jim

karimi

Houston, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/13 06:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I find the Arctic Fox very convenient.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Trailer Quality
Search:   Advanced Search