|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Trailer Quality

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
nitrohorse

pa

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/13 03:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fisherguy wrote:

WoodGlue wrote:

If you can find a Lance Travel Trailer in your part of the country, they're excellent quality. Take a look at the Factory Tour video in my signature to give you an idea.

Yes, and she's not just saying this cuz she's been RV'ing 6 months and happens to own a Lance...

I almost spit my coffee out my nose when I read this......

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/13 03:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RoyB wrote:

The toughest TT trailers I have ever are those from Australia that Robert Ryan shows us on here... They sure have a pretty price tag but are really built to withstand the "outback" there in Australia.

I don't know if they sell a US version or not as the AC voltage system there is different then ours...

I would love to own one of their beefed-up smaller off-road TT versions.

Roy Ken

Roy, No Australian Caravans are sold in the US, but someone did import a Kimberley Kamper Camper Trailer RV Magazine did an article on ti saying it was "the ultimate Boon Docking vehicle" A Lot of lavish praise on the capabilities and build quality of the Camper Trailer.
http://www.rvmagonline.com/features/1207........g-kimberly-karavan-trailer/photo_01.html

* This post was edited 01/24/13 03:44am by RobertRyan *

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/13 03:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

The quality and design of the Karavan is second to none. Everywhere we looked we were amazed. The frame is laser cut, hot dip galvanized and assembled with an interlocking design to maximize strength. All joints are pop-riveted versus bolting to reduce loosening of said bolts due to vibrations. Kimberly says this all but eliminates those squeaks and rattles most RV’s develop over time. Now it is a pop-up type trailer but you will not find any canvas or vinyl windows on this rig.Utilizing a clam shell design allows for a sturdier superstructure, better insulation and in the end makes for a much more comfortable cabin on those rainy, windy days.

The Boondock King The Kimberly Karavan Kimberly Karavan Rear View
view larger image
The systems on-board are equally impressive. The propane system is small and exclusive to the outside kitchen. This was done for two reasons: By keeping the propane outside Kimberly was able to keep the cabin completely sealed reducing dust and helping with insulation. Also they have found that diesel power is more efficient and easier to fill than propane. The hydronic heating system as well as the stove and BBQ are all powered by diesel. While it sounds odd to cook with diesel, when shooting the Karavan for this review we had a meal prepared with this diesel stove top. There’s no black smoke like you may think and the food tasted great!

Read more: http://www.rvmagonline.com/features/1207rv-boondock-king-kimberly-karavan-trailer/viewall.html#ixzz2ItAGzoPu

Fisherguy

Vancouver BC

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/13 07:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WoodGlue wrote:

I'll take my 5th generation of camping family + my almost 50 years and put them up against fisherguy (who probably uses Velveeta cheese for bait) any day of the week!

He has no idea in what or where I've been camping. Camping is a generic term used to describe what it is when you get into your car, go somewhere else and set up in the National Forest, RV Park, BLM, or wherever it is that you like to "camp"

Unlike a lot of people on this forum, I researched for 2+ years before buying my first RV. I'm glad I bought a Lance. I have zero buyers remorse and don't look to be buying anything for many years.

Maybe you should be happy with whatever rig you have and stop following me around the forum like a puppy dog with the runs.

WoodGlue

lol
It took 2 days to come back with that?

You've been RV'ing for 6 months, how long you've been "camping" has nothing to do with your RV experience(s), yet you seem to like to come across like an expert when you tell people what to do or make your sales pitches for the brand of RV you've had a whole 6 months.
Your whole RV experience consists of making 1200 posts in 5 months on an internet forum! I'm not the only one to notice this it seems, guess we should learn to take your posts with a grain of salt, or maybe with a cup of salt...

You don't offer advice with "IMO" or "I think", or "in my 6 months of experience I've learned"; no not like that at all, you post 'if it's not a Lance or build like my precious little Lance RUN away!' Really?

Obviously you love your little trailer, how nice, but that's no reason to shamelessly promote it and tell people to run away from everything else.

BTW, I flyfish, no bait, sorry...

06 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins 6 spd std with a few goodies.

2007 Komfort 274TS, SteadyFast stabilizers, Trimetric 2025RV, PD9280, Honda EU2000i, Xantrex SW600, shocks and EZ-Flex suspension, Reese Strait-Line

Jayco23FB

North Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/13 07:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wow...what idiots

WoodGlue

Los Angeles / Montana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/13 07:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You've made several good points in your post, one of which was;

fisherguy wrote:

You don't offer advice with "IMO" or "I think", or "in my 6 months of experience I've learned"; no not like that at all

I'll try more often in the future to preface my statements with, "I think, in my experience, etc."

If you flyfish - we have no disagreement at all

WoodGlue

TURK2500

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/13 07:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WoodGlue wrote:

I'll take my 5th generation of camping family + my almost 50 years and put them up against fisherguy (who probably uses Velveeta cheese for bait) any day of the week!.....snip

IMO in the end one can have decades of camping and/or RV experience, but it's how that experience is shared with others that establishes real credibility.

02 Chevy, 2500HD/4x4, 6.0L/4:10, GVWR 9,200lbs., GCWR 16,000lbs.
05 Jayco Eagle, 278FBS, GVWR 9,000lbs.
TV/TT loaded: 14,700lbs.
Loaded Tongue Weight: 1,250lbs.
Loaded TT weight: 8,400
Putnam XDR Class V, Reese HP Dual Cam.

WoodGlue

Los Angeles / Montana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/13 07:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TURK2500 - point well taken. Thank you!

JimXFarmer

Drive

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/13 10:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

People that bought their camper yesterday can and do add value to this forum ! Jim

pamvanw

southeastern pa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/13 11:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought our first Sunline in the late '80s, and owned a total of 4 Sunlines. When we needed a new trailer last year we did extensive research on quality and ended up with an Arctic Fox. The one east coast dealer is in W. Milton, PA. It's actually more ruggedly built than our Sunlines were. We highly recommend a Fox!

Pam
2012 Arctic Fox 30U
2012 GMC Sierra 3500 D/A

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Trailer Quality
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts