RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: 800 watt harbor freight genny coupon

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> 800 watt harbor freight genny coupon

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
dodgerdog

Whittier California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/21/13 03:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have one still new in the box only downside to this Benny is that it's a 2 stroke and you have to mix the oil with the gas but other than that your gold...

Mike C.

rockportrocket

on hyway 77

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/13 04:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Drinking kool aid and eating rainbow stew, same as running a cheap, loud generator in a campground or rv park.

Sorry, but thats the truth.

Gale Hawkins

Murray, KY

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/13 04:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And how many hours did you listen to a HF 800 to make that comparison that carries no meaning.

Hudsoner

Hudson

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/13 07:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How many hours would it run on one tank with a load of about 500 watts?

down home

south

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/13 08:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Been reading about these small gennies for a time. Sounds like just the ticket for the picnic area away from the house. Guess I better head down there before they are all gone.
Anyone made an enclosure that still flows cooling air or quietened it down some other way?

RV daytrader

PA

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/13 06:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

down home wrote:

Been reading about these small gennies for a time. Sounds like just the ticket for the picnic area away from the house. Guess I better head down there before they are all gone.
Anyone made an enclosure that still flows cooling air or quietened it down some other way?

I plan on making an enclosure and lining it with mass loaded vinyl...with a cabinet fan pushing or pulling air thru

YODA...our lil Toyota!
1989 Toyota Seabreeze

bob_b

Souderton, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/13 06:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I own three Honda EU1000i inverter generators, and I've owned at least 10 other brands of generator over the years, so I know what a good generator is.

With that said, my previous generator was the little 800W Harbor Freight 2-stroke. It was a good little generator and I kept it for 2 years. I used it a lot for tailgating, battery charging at the storage lot and it was used extensively through 2 major power outages. It performed flawlessly. I bought it for $79 and sold it for $60. It was quieter than the decible ratings suggested. It sounds less like a chainsaw and more like a moped at idle.

It is a good little machine and I'd recommend it for anything but the camground. Even then, it is isn't nearly as intrusive.

You do have have to replace the cheap Bono spark plug with a good name-brand plug as soon as you get it. After that, its all good.

* This post was edited 01/22/13 07:27am by bob_b *

'93 Itasca Suncrusier diesel towing a '05 Honda CR-V.
Bob, Pam(DW), Bridget(DD) and Christine(DD)
See you at most of the Penn State tailgates

Tvov

CT

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/13 07:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

down home wrote:

I used a LOUD 4000watt "contractor" generator for both Hurricanes Irene and Sandy. I found simply leaning a piece of plywood, maybe 4'x5', next to the generator directed a surprising amount of the sound away from my house. This was just a temporary solution, but sometimes simple things work pretty well.

Wills250psd

walnutcove NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/13 07:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone have a link to the coupon so I can print it out?

Gale Hawkins

Murray, KY

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/13 07:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moped vs chainsaw sounding nailed the sound. It really is not harsh but that may be an age related thing.

I did the 25 hour break-in per the manual with it setting down on the steps to the deck and slept just fine being in sight of the HF 800. By the way the run time per tank increased a little all the way through tank five so I think getting 5 gallons of mixed gas and just doing it is KEY.

The $10 HF heat gun is what I used for a load those 25 hours of break-in time.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> 800 watt harbor freight genny coupon
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS