|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Blazing Star RV Resort-San Antonio

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
FredHickory

San Antonio

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/13 04:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone had any experience with Blazing Star RV Resort in San Antonio?

I am going to start living there in a new camper for 2 months before moving to Georgetown, KY. Seems like a nice place and nice people.

...man of means, by no means...

lizbard

Nacogdoches, TX

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/13 05:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've not tried them, but the Carefree RV Resorts has a nice park in San Antonio, Austin,Dallas as well as others around the US. If you are

The Hill Country RV Resort in New Braunfels is very nice and central to a lot of things in the Texas Hill Country.

JnJnKatiebug

NW Arkansas River Valley

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/21/13 07:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We took the grand kids down there a couple of years ago on spring break. They had a great time. Very nice heated pool. We loved it. Sea World is right down the street.

2003 HR Endeavor 38PST
2007 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Picture in Profile

"The best things in life are the people you love, the places you've seen,
and the memories you've made along the way".

jjjandrbaker

San Antonio, TX

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/13 07:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My former neighbors sold everything and bought an RV about five years ago. They are of on their travels most of the year, But spend December through March here in San Antonio. They always spend their time here at Blazing Star. I have visited them there, and it seems very nice. It is a very large place. It sits on the southwestern edge of town with easy highway access to any part of the city. The surrounding intersections of 1604 have everything close you could want. Almost everything in the area is relatively new. There was nothing out there until about 15 years ago. There are some very new and nice shopping centers with many popular restaurants. There is also a brand new hospital a few miles away.

I am meeting my friends for dinner on Saturday. If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to ask them for you.

Jim Baker
San Antonio, TX
travel blog and photos

dave17352

LINCOLN, NE

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/13 11:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stayed there 5 years ago for a week or so and it was a very nice place.

ajchase

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/13 05:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stayed there for a few days while we were there on vacation. It's a pretty nice campground. Lots of trees and the place is well kept. The sites are cemented but they are very narrow and spaced very close together for my liking. They provide Internet here, but it comes at a hefty price. $5/day! We used our mobile phone as our portable hotspot so we didn't have to pay for it while we were here. Not really sure though how much they are charging for permanent residents though.

Kit Carson

Bossier City, La.

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/13 06:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lizbard wrote:

I've not tried them, but the Carefree RV Resorts has a nice park in San Antonio, Austin,Dallas as well as others around the US. If you are

The Hill Country RV Resort in New Braunfels is very nice and central to a lot of things in the Texas Hill Country.
We stayed at Hill Country a couple of times and enjoyed it. We found Stone Creek RV park just a little farther south on I-35 to be closer to our son and his family. It is as nice as Hill Country and about 6 miles closer to grandkids.

KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

FredHickory

San Antonio

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/13 08:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the feedback. I'm working down south at the Toyota Plant, but the area Blazing Star is in seems good. We lived down the street when we moved down last year.

Internet there is $35 a month for monthly guys. Tengonet I beleive is the carrier.

jjjandrbaker

San Antonio, TX

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/13 09:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Alamo river RV website

If I were going to the Toyota plant every day, I would choose to stay at the Alamo River Ranch resort. It is a whole lot closer, but still has all the convenient highway access. It's not as ritzy as the Blazing star, but it has most of the amenities and it's very quiet, clean, and friendly.

FredHickory

San Antonio

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/13 04:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Alamo seems like a great camping area and close to the Plant. Just too far away from town. I would end up driving the same distance every night to get to friends and activities.

Packing up the apartment tonight. Move the Trailer in Saturday. Pack the utilty up Sunday with what I don't need in the Trailer and head to Dayton on Tuesday. Start the Trailer life the week after.

Let the adventure begin......

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Blazing Star RV Resort-San Antonio
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS