RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Is Q Losing It's Lustre??

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Is Q Losing It's Lustre??

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
SCVJeff

Santa Clarita, CA.

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/13 01:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Daveinet wrote:

Mr.Mark wrote:

Daveinet wrote:

Ok, did any start watching the videos about what is going on in Q? If you haven't you need to. I've often thought I wanted to go to Q sometime, but I can tell you I wouldn't get anywhere near Q. With the incredible fraudulent political mess there, I can't believe anyone would go.

Dave, what does the political problems of the Q have to do with visiting the BIG TENT, RV show, eating at restaurants, enjoying BLM land?

I don't vote there, live there, own land there or anything else. I don't see the problem.

MM.
I think if you watched the videos, and did a little research, you would understand. There is corruption in all politics, but in Q its on steroids which is why it has lost it's luster. Its way beyond insane. The town has lost their insurance, which could effect you if the town does something negligent toward you. You have politicians in hiding. The police chief fired 80% of the police force for political reasons. Who are you going to call if you need the police. Not something you want to be anywhere near for a while.
I could are less about the politics here, because their arrogance has gotten the attention of the state now and they will tell them to clean it up, or clean it up for them. Personally I think its funny that a bunch of little Cesers exist in a desert town 150 miles from any city and think this is their personal empire. Could also care less about the cops and their personal agendas. Here now, and will probably continue to come, even tho RV attendance across Plomosa is clearly down

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

stuplich

summer, WI / winter Southern states

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/13 07:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mr.Mark wrote:

Daveinet wrote:

Ok, did any start watching the videos about what is going on in Q? If you haven't you need to. I've often thought I wanted to go to Q sometime, but I can tell you I wouldn't get anywhere near Q. With the incredible fraudulent political mess there, I can't believe anyone would go.

Dave, what does the political problems of the Q have to do with visiting the BIG TENT, RV show, eating at restaurants, enjoying BLM land?

I don't vote there, live there, own land there or anything else. I don't see the problem.

MM.

The politics of town government dictate what and how the venders can or have to do, the parking and traffic and the sales tax.
all of that directly effects the customer, (aka: YOU)!

Spur Of The Moment

Quartzsite, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/13 08:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Daveinet wrote:

Mr.Mark wrote:

Daveinet wrote:

MM.
I think if you watched the videos, and did a little research, you would understand. There is corruption in all politics, but in Q its on steroids which is why it has lost it's luster. Its way beyond insane. The town has lost their insurance, which could effect you if the town does something negligent toward you. You have politicians in hiding. The police chief fired 80% of the police force for political reasons. Who are you going to call if you need the police. Not something you want to be anywhere near for a while.

Then don't come.

Nascar fans

Bruce and Sharon and Gizmo(Apricot Tiny Toy Poodle)
'07 Beaver Contessa Venice 43' Quad Slide Sold

Mr.Mark

California/Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/13 08:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

stuplich wrote:

Mr.Mark wrote:

Daveinet wrote:

MM.

The politics of town government dictate what and how the venders can or have to do, the parking and traffic and the sales tax.
all of that directly effects the customer, (aka: YOU)!

Stuplick, no, it really doesn't. Parking on a sand pile off in the desert... tax? what tax? Went to Taco Mio twice, prices were reasonable and the food delicious. No problems with police. If I don't like the vendors, I won't buy from them. You are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

MM.

Mr.Mark
2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42.2 ft., 4 slides, 425 hp clean-air Cummins diesel
2013 Honda CR-V EXL, AWD, w/Nav, SMI Air Force One vacuum-assisted braking
New coach on order, (2015 Prevost Liberty Coach) arrival Nov. 2014.

AprilWhine

Somewhere west of Laramie

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/13 08:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We drove up to Q today from Yuma Proving Ground. Traffic was about normal, found a place to park about a half mile from the big tent.

The tent was about normal, perhaps one quarter RV inside. We were happy to see the Aqua Hot rep present, and bought two nozzles and a new fuel filter and base.

Wandered around the outside of the tent, and scored a folding table, folding stool, and new folding step for the bus entry.

All and all a good day, and we will go back later to shop the swap meet. Nice people.

No Police Gestapo, no parking tickets, no slathering politicians. Carls Jr was packed, but friendly.

Saw a restored Corvair Pickup truck, a cherry 40 Ford business coupe, and half the Suzuki 4x4s in the country, and more than the normal share of Toyota class C campers still on the road.

1997 Prevost by Angola towing 2011 Ford Ranger
OR
2008 Winnebago View towing 2008 Mini Clubman
Pick one

H345

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/13 01:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JMHO , but the combination of higher taxes and temp licensing fees , combined with higher booth and promoter expenses , have caused caused items at the show to reach retail + .
Many people attend the Q gathering for the friendships and the informal atmosphere .
RVers , by nature , like to keep expenses down and try not to buy unnecessary items .
Combine that with higher travel costs and the fact that there are many booths that have nothing to do with RV's , and you have a stroll and look situation , but very little cash flow .

The same effect at the Tampa RV Super Show . Lots of people , a small amount of serious buyers ,
and a lot of overpriced******that nobody needs . When people get bored , they often buy something to compensate , but most pull their chairs together for a meal or happy hour and enjoy
the fellowship .

All RV promoters should have a rule of 10% max for non RV stuff - get rid of the crappy trinkets ,
overpriced cookware , and all of the gaudy blue-hair stuff . Get back to RVing !

Everybody Be Safe

liberty2010

depends on the time of year

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/13 03:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

most get what they want out of going to Q. We go for a bus rally and have a wonderful time. We leave a 50A full hoopup place in Tucson and go PArk with a bunch of friends fo $5 a night dry camping. So we add generator costs to that to charge the batteries and cooking for the carry in meals. But we do it because we want to. Enjoy the big tent as well as the smaller vendors that line the streets. Yes there were several vacant places. Rice Ranch was almost vacant. The local fees have hurt the small vendor. I think the city is cutting off their nose to spite their face. HOWEVER folks will go that like to be there. those that do not will not.

beave

Georgetown Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/13 05:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We attended for many years and have watched the gradual gentrification of Quartsite. At first it was fun because it was almost a counter culture experience with the old desert rats, squatters (not campers, but one step up from homeless) all folks who were out to live the good life on the cheep, all co mingled in a big happy heap.

Fresh water, diesel, propane, a place to dump your black tank and discounted and dinged canned food at the tarp covered market, all the dust you could eat as well a cacti to park under and call your own. O yes, and there was that overly tanned elderly gent who ran the used book store who only wore a jock strap, remember him?

Just part of the unintended consequences of replacing tarp covered stalls with up market air conditioned buildings. Funky fun destroyed by well intended city fathers.

supercub

Modesto CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/13 08:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I went last year for the first time and enjoyed it. Spent a very nice evening with a group around a camp fire on BLM land. I enjoyed walking around and looking at all the street vendors. As far sas the big tent....it was wall to wall people. I went in the tent 2 different days and it was packed both days. I upgraded my TST tps (great company to work with by the way). If I didn't have to work this year, I would have gone back. Plan on a return trip in the future.
Brian

anthropos77

So. CA.

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/13 02:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We went to the tent and it was all the same.
We did most of our shopping at the Walmart and COSCO.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Is Q Losing It's Lustre??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS