RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Is Q Losing It's Lustre??

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Is Q Losing It's Lustre??

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
chili's trip

Full time

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/26/13 02:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Clay L wrote:

We have been spending part or all the winter in Bouse (about 25 miles north of Q) for ten years. The number of people has been declining the last few years with this year seeming to be the worst year. One vendor told me it has become a one month affair (January)and that many vendors can't make enough money in one month to justify being here.

I know this year the BLM area north of Q on Plomosa Road had less than 100 (estimate) RVs between the ridge and RT 95 the week before the show. About three weeks before that I counted less than 30 RVs in that area. The area right next to the camp host site right off 95 wasn't filled up two weeks ago and that is usually full long before that. Even Hi Jolly was nowhere near full two or three weeks ago.
The RV park we stay in has a bunch of open sites and I haven't seen that happen ever.

I was with a friend when he registered as the 1,000th visitor with host on plamosa road. Good luck.

2005 Fleetwood Bounder 32W 8.1.
2009 Honda Fit Sport

Clay L

Sioux Falls, South Dakota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/26/13 03:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That area finally filled up with a bunch of RVs the week of the show. Much later than in past years as I recall.

* This post was edited 01/27/13 08:54am by Clay L *

Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats).

Now snowbirds after eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad

revump

Deer Park, WA or Las Vegas, NV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/26/13 05:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is still a great show and a good place to people watch ... not sure you could ever have called it "classy" ... at least you can be hands on for some of the stuff you will buy online later

Bob

vegasfoodguy

Reno Nv

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/13 07:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

revump wrote:

It is still a great show and a good place to people watch ... not sure you could ever have called it "classy" ... at least you can be hands on for some of the stuff you will buy online later

When we left Reno it was 15 degrees at noon Thursday the 17th, 72 in Quartzsite,
We went to the big tent on Monday the 21st, had to park about 1/2 mile away, lots of people, cars and motorhomes. It was fun and packed wall to wall. We met friends and group camped. Bought several items from "The Gambler", Overall great experience.

Monaco Diplomat, Cummins, 38a
Toad Grand Cherokee, Brake Buddy.

theunmobile

quartzsite, arizona

View Profile

Posted: 01/29/13 08:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quartzsite is seeing a shift in vendors and snowbirds. The economy has taken it's toll on everyone. As a full time resident rv park owner I am trying to get the word out that QZ is a great place to visit for a day a week or a month! Next year there promises to be more events to entertain, many plans are in the works. So tell everyone you know to come on down! The vendors don't leave till after February.

dons2346

Sioux Falls, SD, formerly of So. CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/29/13 09:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

theunmobile wrote:

Quartzsite is seeing a shift in vendors and snowbirds. The economy has taken it's toll on everyone. As a full time resident rv park owner I am trying to get the word out that QZ is a great place to visit for a day a week or a month! Next year there promises to be more events to entertain, many plans are in the works. So tell everyone you know to come on down! The vendors don't leave till after February.

If you are a full timer there, then please tell Sweet Darlen's that their food sucks. There is no reason to go in there when the place is empty and get cold food. There is no reason to be insulted by the staff when a complaint about cold food is made.

I for one will never set foot in the place and everyone I run into, I tell them about the poor food and poor service. I hope it pays off.

theunmobile

quartzsite, arizona

View Profile

Posted: 01/29/13 10:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have to admit that restaurant is not one I have made it into. We walked in and walked out. Good thing there are plenty of other good restaurants in town!

CA Traveler

The Western States

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/13 04:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

If you are a full timer there, then please tell Sweet Darlen's that their food sucks. There is no reason to go in there when the place is empty and get cold food. There is no reason to be insulted by the staff when a complaint about cold food is made.
Our experience there has been positive.

2009 Holiday Rambler 42 Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
2004 Honda CR-V

Bob

theunmobile

quartzsite, arizona

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/13 10:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We didn't like the way the eating area was, reminded husband of being in the military and I like being in a booth. I can't say the food is bad or good since we never ate there. However, the place is packed night after night, so it can't be too bad.

down home

south

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/13 12:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

steelpony5555 wrote:

Does seem like this is what happens to most good festivals, craft shows, trade shows etc. They start out really nice and end up a mecca for super expensive vacuum cleaners, miracle cleaners, plastic junk, etc. Once that happens they kinda die a slow death. Kinda like the Carisle Car show in Pa., every year seems there were more booths with nothing to do with cars. Used to be a really nice craft show in our home town but slowly became a show of cheap Chinese junk and miracle devices and stuff to drain black junk from your feet?? That craft show is no longer. Hope this don't happen to Q cause I havn't got there yet but I will dang I will.

Fully agree. Key West has become used. Travers City is was/now a hot destination. Pigeon Forge, over the years has become another Panama City but without the beach.
Next best destinations will last a few years before the flea marketeters and so find it.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Is Q Losing It's Lustre??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS