|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Curtain Pattern for a Class C Ford

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
SantaNSC

Salley, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/13 03:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We're the proud new owners of a used 2008 Holiday Rambler Augusta, a Class B+. Unfortunately there were no privacy curtains to place on the inside of the windshield. It has the little "Sticky" circles to hold one up but no curtain. I wondered if anyone out there may have a pattern for making the curtains or a source to buy pre-made at a reasonable price? I assume that curtains for about any Ford 450 chassis, class C or B+ would work. Any help would be appreciated.

mikebo

Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/13 04:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use our outside windshield cover 95% of the time, it keeps it cooler in the summer and warmer in cooler weather. I would recommend buying one rather then worrying about a curtain.

Mike

Mike

2013 Winnebago Access 31wp
2010 CRV toad

rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/13 05:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ditto x2
Mine came with the curtains. Tried them once and that was it.
You can see 'right thru them' at night as my one friend pointed out!

I either put a van windshield sun shade in the window and pop up nylon side window covers....or if staying longer the outside windshield cover.

Just bought these with palm trees, what a stitch!

fyi: When buying the outside ADCO windshield cover make sure you buy the correct one that works with the type of side mirrors you have.
Here's a pix of what it looks like. Camping world carries them for about 50 bucks.
http://www.sunpromfg.net/Adco-Class-C-Vinyl-Windshield-Covers-p/adcoclassc.htm

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us".

wolvereeny

SE Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/13 05:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would also vote for the outside cover. It also helps reduce heat in the summer by reducing sun coming through the windshield

Gene in NE

Omaha

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/13 09:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is a negative to having the windshield cover on the outside. A real pain in the rear to do if windy or in a monsoon rain. Also, what do you do with the curtain when you are ready to go and it is soaking wet?

Our R-Vision Trail-Lite is very similar to your Holiday Rambler. Monocco bought R-Vision and then used the construction technique and floor plan of the Trail-Lite and had Holiday build a couple of the floor plans. The reason I mentioned that is that our ceiling is carpeted and my wife found some lightweight (parachute type) material and merely cut to shape, sewed the positive side of velcro in spots about 6" apart. We then stick the sheet to the ceiling.

Here is one (a little pricey, but nice) to consider Easy Living Industries.

2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

Handbasket

Asheville, NC

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/13 05:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One more disadvantage of an outside cover... It negates the "bed to driver's seat" niftyness of a Class C. You can't just drive off from potential trouble when boondocking, or as mentioned, in bad weather. You're required to go outside to remove it.

Jim, "Mo' coffee!"

'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory')

shamu32

WNY

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/13 10:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 1997 E350 Class C. I bought two fold up windshield screens. One I use for the windshield. I made a cardboard template for the side window. I then traced it on the second screen, cut it out and had my wife sew around the outside edge with her sewing machine. Then I traced it on some leftover white poster board that was from a school project. I put the white poster board in the window first and then the silver screen, both are held in place by friction. Almost nine years of use and they are both good to go.

rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/13 12:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

shamu32 wrote:

I have a 1997 E350 Class C. I bought two fold up windshield screens. One I use for the windshield. I made a cardboard template for the side window. I then traced it on the second screen, cut it out and had my wife sew around the outside edge with her sewing machine. Then I traced it on some leftover white poster board that was from a school project. I put the white poster board in the window first and then the silver screen, both are held in place by friction. Almost nine years of use and they are both good to go.

Very clever! I use the sun screen for the windshield also. I like your idea of cutting up one for the sides. Thanks for sharing!

SantaNSC

Salley, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/13 05:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great ideas !!!! Thanks Everyone!!!!

rvten

Crossville,TN

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/13 06:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our C has curtain behind driver/passenger seat.
We put reflective shield on inside of front window on hot days.

Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Curtain Pattern for a Class C Ford
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes