|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Curtain Pattern for a Class C Ford

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Ductape Dave

New Jersey, USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/13 05:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I went to Joann's Fabric Shop and bought some heavier material than the one that goes across the back of the seats and a snap button kit. I measured how wide and long I wanted the curtain to hang down and then had it hemmed at the dry cleaners. Then removed the trim snap button covers over the snaps around the cab cut-out and installed snap buttons on the material. Now I have a heavier no-see-thru curtain that I just snap on in the cab cut-out and it gives me more room to access between the seats.

T18skyguy

Eugene, OR

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/13 11:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My curtain is just a big rectangular piece of cloth with a continuous velco strip running across the top. There are small round recepticles starting behind the drivers door all around the top to the back of the passenger door. It just sticks in place, but the sun visors must be down. Couldnt be simpler. Very easy to make if you wanted to.

Retired Anesthetist. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings.1996 Jayco C 22 foot with 460/Banks Powerpak/Bilsteins.Wife and daughter. Two cats which control my life. 1975 Ford F-250, 84 Coupe Deville, Thorp T18, tons of tools and tons of junk.

Dakzuki

Carnation, Wa, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 11:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would suggest you start from scratch if you make curtains and think "out of the box". You might come up with the better method than what was provided with your RV. We elected not to get the pull shades on ours and made our own curtains. They look/work great and store in closet when not in use. We also have an outside cover we use if it's really hot and need to keep heat out of the RV.

Here are pics of them.

2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

woodworker414

Crystal City,Mo.

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/13 08:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I went with the Easy Living Industries curtains also as did Gene in NE, easy to put on, you can not see through these curtains, they are put on the inside of the windshield and side windows. I prefer the inside type, don't want to go in the driving rain sometime just to put up the curtains. Really like them.
Bill

WØWJU

2003 Gulfstream Cavaleir 29.5 V10 E450 normal bells & whistles. Toad 2008 Chevy HHR.

pnichols

Santa Cruz Mountains

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/27/13 11:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

One more disadvantage of an outside cover... It negates the "bed to driver's seat" niftyness of a Class C. You can't just drive off from potential trouble when boondocking,

Well ... that assumes that either you're not on leveling blocks or that the trouble appears to be so potentially bad as to leave one or more of your set of five outstanding hand-built-with-carrying-handles leveling blocks behind.

We snap an interior curtain (came with one built-in from Winnebago) across near the front for both forward-visual and temperatue insulation of the cab area from the living area. To keep the hot sun from coming into the cab area and heating up the interior - even with our curtain put up - you can't beat the white outside windshield cover. We use both the windshield cover and the interior curtain in hot weather.

Also, by using the interior curtain that completely isolates the cab area from the living area, you have less overall interior volume to keep cool or keep warm. This improves comfort by making the air conditioner and propane furnace or an electric heater more effective. Propane consumption is also reduced when using the propane furnace. After coming off the road and then making camp in warm weather, the interior curtain also keeps the van engine's heat from making the living area too warm and this can go on for hours - as the mass of the engine takes a long time too cool down.

We have a waterproof storage bag for the white front windshield cover so we can store it wet and dry it out later if we have to.

* This post was edited 01/27/13 11:45am by pnichols *

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca 324V Spirit

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Curtain Pattern for a Class C Ford
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: