RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: 100+$ campground

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/13 06:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is whatever the market will bear. Unfortunately for most of us we cannot touch that. I will continue to frequent my excellent Florida State Park system

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

beemerphile1

I'm 59, I'm not a

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/13 06:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am probably not in their demographic. I prefer mountains rather than the sea. I also don't like sand, especially tracked into the RV. Thus they will never get any of my money.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it..."
Judge Learned Hand

2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900/1998 Ford E150 4.6L = 8MPG
2009 Aliner Sport/2009 Pontiac Vibe 1.8L = 22MPG

pa traveler

usa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/13 06:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It wont happen,but if everybody went down the road to a more reasonable priced campground,they would quickly adjust there price.

dblr

Newark De

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/13 06:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Always wanted to try there but it doesn't look like we will now to much for my blood

05 F350
2010 Cedar Creek 36RE
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

JamesBr

Manassas, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/13 07:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When they where in the 60 a night in season it was reasonable, at 100 a night in season, I can think of many other places to go for that additional 40 dollars a day other then OCMD.

2006 Ford F350 6.0
2014 Primetime Sanibel 3600
Enough other vehicles to not bother listing.

Previous RV: 2001 Monaco Knight

D & M

Laurel, MD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/13 08:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Price is relative. I'm sure people can find a nice little Mom & Pop trailer park in Pigs Knuckle, AK for 20 bucks a night. But if you want to stay in a beach town in season you have to pay the price. Hotel prices in OC in season are out of control. OC only has a couple of nice CG's.

Yes you can get a no hook up site out in the State Park or National Park for a cheap price, and they throw in the horse flies and cold water showers for free, but if you have kids you need to have the hook ups and all of the other family stuff that they offer.

I use Frontier Town before and after season for golf weekends. Much more reasonable than a hotel or condo. We stayed at what is now Castaways years ago and at the time it was a dump. I have since driven through and it is greatly improved, butit is a typical beach CG. There are plenty of people that will pay the 100 bucks.

Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

Dear McDonald's, Thank you for not selling hot dogs. I don't think I could order a McWiener and keep a straight face.

cubscout

maryland

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/13 09:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can't believe they would charge min $100 per nite for the basic sites, during peak season. Basic sites are gravel not paved and no concrete patio area. Sites are not wide and most sites have you back to back, which I do not like. There is no trash pickup at your site and my site needed a good cleaning. I stayed here 2yrs ago and felt it was a tight fitting campground, even though it is a newer campground. I was not impressed with the check in process either. Staff needed better people skills. I guess we would only stay here in the off season if nothing else was available(Frontiertown or Fort Whaley) I've had more amenities at other campgounds near the ocean and paid alot less.

RV daytrader

PA

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/13 09:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

with assateague state park about 5 miles away, I cant see any reason to stay at Castaways at all!!

YODA...our lil Toyota!
1989 Toyota Seabreeze

ependydad

Columbia, MD

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/13 10:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

D & M wrote:

Price is relative. I'm sure people can find a nice little Mom & Pop trailer park in Pigs Knuckle, AK for 20 bucks a night. But if you want to stay in a beach town in season you have to pay the price. Hotel prices in OC in season are out of control. OC only has a couple of nice CG's.

Yes you can get a no hook up site out in the State Park or National Park for a cheap price, and they throw in the horse flies and cold water showers for free, but if you have kids you need to have the hook ups and all of the other family stuff that they offer.

I use Frontier Town before and after season for golf weekends. Much more reasonable than a hotel or condo. We stayed at what is now Castaways years ago and at the time it was a dump. I have since driven through and it is greatly improved, butit is a typical beach CG. There are plenty of people that will pay the 100 bucks.

Well said.

For us, not having hook ups is a problem. With the baby and bottles and mini-food containers, we do a ton of dishes. We blow through our 42 gallon gray in a matter of days. That doesn't count any showers... When we take our in-laws, we have 4 adults and 1 kid (the other is in diapers) - we blow through our 42 x 2 black tanks pretty quick, as well. We've never camped exclusively off of our fresh water tank, but given our usage of gray + black tanks, I imagine that we would go through it fairly quickly.

And, lets not even talk about electric hookups - mid-summer, we'd want to be running off of 50amp so that we can have both air conditioners and a fan running.

Before we had our camper, I had a hard time finding a hotel in OC, MD for less than $200/night for a weekend night in the middle of summer. The one we did find was cramped for 3 of us and had the worst water pressure in the shower that I've ever endured.

So, for a beach trip in a town we like and have friends who we would like to visit in the area. Yeah, I'd pay $100/night. We paid $70 or $90/night for Frontiertown in our pop-up a couple of years ago.

And yes, we were wholly unprepared for the flies on Assateague. We've tried walking the trails and the beach and just couldn't manage to suffer it.

(shrugs) Different strokes for different folks.

2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Truck: 2012 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: B&W Turnover Ball + Companion hitch
Nights Camped: 2013: 47, 2012: 52, 2011: 28
Learning to RV, mishaps and adventures - Towing Planner - Calculators + Estimators

magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/13 12:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

D & M wrote:

Price is relative. I'm sure people can find a nice little Mom & Pop trailer park in Pigs Knuckle, AK for 20 bucks a night.
Nothing wrong with places called akin to "Pigs Knuckle" or anything else. Let's leave snobbery out of this and look strictly at the facilities vs price which is what the OP queried.

First law of science: don't spit into the wind.
Keep on rollin'!
Magnus

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS