|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> GMC Eliganza 1976 Rear bed

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
firestillon

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/13 09:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can anyone suggest what to do with the rear bed in the GMC? Someone put in a permanent dbl bed and I would like something like the gaucho that came with some of the GMC's being able to ride back there with the grandkids is kind of what we are thinking. Just looking for suggestions on how to do it.
Equipment.
76 GMC 26' Eliganza
New Jasper 455
New rear supension
New trans
Updated paint
Working my way through the unit. But got it for a song in TX and drove back to MI. no issues. now sits 10 miles from where it was made.

Golden_HVAC

Fulltime, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/13 11:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Flexsteel sells couches if you want to buy one. You should be able to put one on each side, and when folded out, should go almost wall to wall.

Fred.

Matt_Colie

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/13 08:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All kinds of people do all kinds of different things to these coaches all the time. That being said, if you get in with the groups, you may find someone that took out what you want to put back in. When you do the the price should be good - too.

The rear seating never came with seatbelts and finding effective anchor points is not easy.

But, I suggest that you start with GMCnet. You can join as either an E-mail client or setup to read the forum. Both work well.

Also, all the GMC chapters (15 + the international) have "Bulletin Boards" that you could post another note for those the don't read the net.

I will suggest that you join the international (must be an FMCA member - cheap and easy), GMC Eastern States (is a largely technical group) and Great Lakers (is the oldest, but a mostly social group with more rallies than most - like six most years and this year three of four with hard schedules are in Michigan).

So, come on by and meet several thousand new friends.

Matt - you will see me there.

Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dog going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

firestillon

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/13 07:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Daveinet wrote:

Leave the permanent double bed. My kids have spent most of their time on the back bed for the last about nine years - once they were out of car seats. There is a wall on the front side, so even in an emergency stop, they won't go far and they can't fall off the bed. Basically they use it like playing on the living room floor. Now they are older, they prop themselves up and play video games most of the time.

Thanks I will consider that. Just kind of makes the unit look small inside ( which it is of course )

2bzy2c

California

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/13 02:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Daveinet wrote:

There is a wall on the front side, so even in an emergency stop, they won't go far and they can't fall off the bed.

Seriously?

My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Daveinet

il

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 06:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Leave the permanent double bed. My kids have spent most of their time on the back bed for the last about nine years - once they were out of car seats. There is a wall on the front side, so even in an emergency stop, they won't go far and they can't fall off the bed. Basically they use it like playing on the living room floor. Now they are older, they prop themselves up and play video games most of the time.

Dave

The Flying Fortress
FMCA F298817
'83 Revcon Prince 31' FWD
502 w/Howell/GM 16197427 ECM/Edelbrock MPFI,Thorley's & Magnaflows,
4L85E 4 speed, KoniFSD,
6% grade = wanna drag?
MISC photos
Revcon Forum

Daveinet

il

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/13 08:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2bzy2c wrote:

Daveinet wrote:

There is a wall on the front side, so even in an emergency stop, they won't go far and they can't fall off the bed.

Seriously?

Yes, seriously. Unfounded paranoia. The only type of accident capable of producing injury would be to hit an oncoming semi. Even at that, one would fair much better in the rear of my coach than seat belted in the front seat of an average size sedan.

2bzy2c

California

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/13 06:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Based on your previous posts, I thought you were a rather intelligent person.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> GMC Eliganza 1976 Rear bed
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS