|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Heating Bed

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/13 03:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use an electric blanket under the mattress. Heat rises and the mattress is toasty in no time. We plug it in as soon as we park along with turning on the fridge. By bedtime, it's very comfortable.

First law of science: don't spit into the wind.
Keep on rollin'!
Magnus

PyrateSilly

Home

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/13 05:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used to really love my heated blanket. Then when we got the RV I looked up the electric use of both and the heated mattress pad actually uses less energy so we got one for the RV.
I have a bad back but so walking alot causes me problems. Last New Years Eve we went to Vegas. After walking around Thom thought I would not be up to the next day but after spending the night sleeping on the heated mattress pad I now will not have a heated blanket. It was so much better in the morning.
Our neighbor here at the RV park also got a mattress pad cause of what I told him with my back last year and now he won't have anything but a heated mattress pad.
It may not work so well for you but just letting you how well it's worked for us and our neighbor.

Thom, Gascap and Christine having fun in a 1993 Monaco Crown Royale 40ft 300hp RV.
Our blogged repairs and travels

ryanallie1

Magalia, Calif

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 07:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi All.

We also have both, an Electraic Blanket, Duel Control, and a Queen Size Headed Mattress Pad. I have a very, very Bad Back, and since heat rises it does a much better job of helping my back out, compaired to the Electric Blanket.

We do a lot of Cold Weather Boon-Docking, basically using our Motorhome On/Off all year long. It has to be pretty darn cold before I will turn on my side of the Electric Blanket. DW Wife likes it on the cld side, so seldon uses either of them.

I do enjoy my comforts, and nothing is going to stop me fromm having them. We also have several diffent types and brads and sizes of MSW & PSW Inverters.

If I could only use one of them, it would be the Electric Heated Mattress Pads, it would for sure win hands down. Works for us.

Good Lucck. Happy Travels. Dan & Jill

1998-33.5 Rexhall, Rexair SL. 460 EFI. F-53. 7.3 MPG. TST TPMS. HWH Levelers. 5.5G Gen. Convection/Microwave Water Purifier/Water Softner. 2 A/C's. Alarm Systems. Honda EU2000i's W/Kit. Steer-Safe. CR-V W/SMI System. FMCA #F414397 Nam-Vet, 66-67-68&70-71

davosfam

Longview, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/13 05:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had a heated mattress pad but it didn't seem to last more than two winters. One thing I didn't like about it was that I could feel the thin wiring that runs through the pad.

Now we have an electric blanket and love it. We turn it on about 15 minutes before bed and it warms the mattress extremely well. And I think the blankets run cheaper than the pads.

Shannen (and hubby Rick)
2 sons, ages 21 and 25
2 dogs, lhasapoo and mini golden doodle
2015 Keystone Cougar 333MKS
2005 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

Dog Trainer

Richmond Mi.

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/13 06:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use a heated mattress pad. It is an analog. We burnt up the digital one in a couple weeks running it off our Inverter. So we have the one with a switch and a dial for each side it works great either way.

93 Airstream 35' Dp
5.9 230 uprated to 300 HP
Allison MD 3060
Shadow 12 yr old Golden Daktari & Lydia Cavalier King Charles (fur Bearing Children) Duchess my Golden daddys little girl at the Rainbow bridge since 4/12

rhagfo

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 12:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Heated mattress pad! have had one in both 5ers, just turn it on about two hours before bed time, low setting just enough to take the chill off the sheets. In winter when it is cold out side run on low all night.

Russ & Paula
The Beagles Hedwig and Precious.
Portland, OR.
2001 Dodge 2500 4X4, 5.9 Cummins 5 speed, 3.55 gears, Pacbrake PRXB, DS Power Puck,Bilstien 5100's, 273,000 miles.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

MSHappyCampers

Columbus, MS

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 08:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have been using a heated mattress pad for years, both in the RV and in the stick house, and LOVE IT!
As others have mentioned, DO NOT plug the controls in when operating on a Modified Sine Wave inverter! You will fry them instantly! It's OK if you remember to plug them in AFTER connecting to shore power. They don't even have to be turned on to fry them, just plugged in!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT

3 dog nights

Central, Virginia USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 10:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Forum name says it all.....

Bob & Lynn
3 Hua's and Memories of the late, great Zoe, the camping Chow
2013 Open Range 424RLS, Hensley TS-3 Hitch
4-6v golf cart batteries & 2 Honda EU2000i
06' Chevy 3500, dually, crew, Duramax/Allison

Tothill

BC

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 08:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We do not use heated beds in Mobi, but we have a C and it is warm when we are travelling.

At home we have two bedrooms over the garage that are quite cold. In one we have used an electric blanket under a feather bed. A setting of 3 or so turned on at dinner time and the bed is nice and warm at bed time. We have a twin sized blanket on a queen sized bed.

The other bed has a fitted heated mattress cover (twin sized on twin bed), under a wool rest mattress pad.

By putting the electric blanket or mattress heater under the feather bed or wool rest, you get a lovely warmth, no wires, and the heat seems to be retained longer.

bazdad

Pensacola Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 01:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You guy's are great and will purchase a heating pad tonight. Thanks for your knowledge.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Heating Bed
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS