RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Jayco 264BH vs 26BH?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Jayco 264BH vs 26BH?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
Iraqvet05

Greenwood, MO

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/13 01:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone know the difference between the base model Jayco 264BH and the 26BH? The two have similar floor plans and measurements, with the 26 coming in a few hundred pounds heavier. A Jayco dealer at the Kansas City RV show told me the 26 has bigger propane tanks, a larger fresh water tank, and upgraded cabinets...anything else?

2007 Silverado crew cab, 5.3
P3 controller
2013 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH

US Army veteran

Jayco28BHS

16SBH5290970116

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/13 01:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I really don't see much beyond what you've listed. It seems one is just a slightly higher version of the same thing. The big thing is the fresh water tank is doubled in size on the 26BH. I have a 2008 28BHS and we love it. Jayco makes a great product.

And thanks for your service in OIF. I was there twice, once in 06 and again in 09.

1995 National Sea Breeze M129
7.4L TBI
Retired USAF

Roadrash450

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/13 03:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

264bh is from the Swift line up. Lower Capacity axles, smaller tire/wheel combo. Lower overal height, no rear ladder, less "fancy" interior, simpler looking cabinets, not so fancy of a sofa and as stated less fresh water

The 26bh is from the Jayflight line. Which has all the above upgraded, plus heated & enclosed underbelly, black tank flush, 30lb propane tanks instead of 20's and a bunch of other stuff that is mostly overlooked.

Ask for the spec/build sheets for both then compare. The build is the same for the two body wise.

maxwell11

Hazel, KY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/13 08:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we just bought a new Jayco 267BRS
it has the word SWIFT printed on the back of the trailer.

good to know i bought Jayco's cheap piece of crap.

but i will not tell my wife as she is proud of it.

what was the word: cheap tires, axles, smaller tanks, cheap couch, etc:

I love it when a plan comes together, i would not have it any other way,

as for now it's still shines, hope the cheap paint job does not start pealing off.

Roadrash450

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/13 10:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not cheap at all. The build is exaxtly the same, roof, wall, floors cabinets, most all components and paint. The only thing that makes it different is how the cabinet doors are, cushion material, a different sofa and other trim. Becuase the swifts cargo capacity is less, due to the axles, they reduced the fresh water capacity, left off stuff like the ladder and enclosed under belly to save weight to give you the cargo capacity back. This also puts the TT at a lower price point, not lower quality

mwebber78

New England

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 06:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Same quality, built at the same plant. IMHO the full Jayflight is a better value.

2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

BUFFALODAN

Buffalo NY

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 06:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

what was the word: cheap tires, axles, smaller tanks, cheap couch, etc:

I didnt see the word "cheap" anywhere in the reply given to the OP

Quote:

Lower Capacity axles, smaller tire/wheel combo. Lower overal height, no rear ladder, less "fancy" interior, simpler looking cabinets, not so fancy of a sofa and as stated less fresh water

I see no reason to be offended or insulted by that reply. I personally find nothing "wrong" with the Swift line, I almost pulled the trigger on the 267BH myself but opted to keep my current payment of 0/month.

To the OP, talk a walk through both units if possible. The answers you were given about the reduced tank size/propane bottles/trim levels etc are accurate. Check out the Jayco website too.

2006 KZ Frontier 2505
2006 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD
2014 Chevy Silverado Double Cab 4WD
1 DW
3DD's

ronny7800

Regina, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 07:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I chose a 267BHS over a 28BHS(I think was the similar model) because the swift fits within the limits of my truck.

There is nothing cheap about the build quality. After a year of heavy use by the family and I, there is no issues to speak of.

Iraqvet05

Greenwood, MO

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 07:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My TV is a Silverado 1500 5.3 with a 6700 lb tow cap. A friend of mine has the 26 and pulls it fine with an EcoBoost F150. Another factor (besides the $2K cost difference) with the 26BH is the weight...at 4570 dry, adding cargo and water (if needed) would put the rig almost at tow capacity. Maybe I'm over estimating the weight, but I'd rather be under than over.

Roadrash450

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 08:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with the swift line of trailers. Sorry if this was implied, was just listing the differences in the models only.
I actually recommended the Swift SLX 185RB for my parents to tow behind there Canyon.

To the OP:
The GVW of the Swift is 6500lbs, so you would be overloading the TT before the TV.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Jayco 264BH vs 26BH?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS