RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Jayco 264BH vs 26BH?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Jayco 264BH vs 26BH?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
ronny7800

Regina, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 09:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The hitch weight on my 267BHS is just north of 800lbs. That, plus family of 4, and our stuff uses just about all the payload on my F150.

BUFFALODAN

Buffalo NY

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 01:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good info there Ronny...A lot heavier than the dry weight listed and thats with 20lb tanks right?

FLOORPLAN 267BHS
Weights
Unloaded Vehicle Weight (lbs) 5,315
Dry Hitch Weight (lbs) 675

2006 KZ Frontier 2505
2006 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD
2014 Chevy Silverado Double Cab 4WD
1 DW
3DD's

tatest

Oklahoma Green Country

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 04:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Probably completely different model lines.

It is not unusual for RV manufacturers to offer the same, or almost the same, floorplan in two or three different model lines. Most often the differences between model lines is trim, but it is quite possible for the two to be of completely different construction (traditional vs sandwich wall) or of the same construction and one be built as a "lightweight."

That's at Jayco, at least, where they do not build multiple versions of the same models in different brands, as Fleetwood did with towables, Forest River and Winnebago still do (e.g. Flagstaff and Rockwood, Winnebago and Itasca).

If the models you are talking about are Swift and Jayflight, the Swift is both a lower cost model, and a lightweight, of traditional construction. The Jayflight name is usually used for the "standard" trailer of traditional construction. Jayfeather, Designer names are currently used for sandwich-wall model lines, the first a lightweight, the second a premium model. They've also used the names Eagle for a premium model below Designer, and Hawk for an earlier sandwich-wall lightweight.

They are built in the same plants, but not necessarily alongside each other. Jayco builds different model lines in batches, so if you go for a tour one week, the plant may be turning out Designers, a couple of weeks later they might be all Jayfeathers.

Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

ronny7800

Regina, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/13 05:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BUFFALODAN wrote:

Good info there Ronny...A lot heavier than the dry weight listed and thats with 20lb tanks right?

FLOORPLAN 267BHS
Weights
Unloaded Vehicle Weight (lbs) 5,315
Dry Hitch Weight (lbs) 675

Yeah. that's full propane (20s) and full fresh water. it also has under bed storage which we have a few things.

I don't have my numbers in front of me but if I recall, loaded to camp was just shy of 7000.... about 1500 more than dry.

mwebber78

New England

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/26/13 06:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tatest wrote:

Probably completely different model lines.

It is not unusual for RV manufacturers to offer the same, or almost the same, floorplan in two or three different model lines. Most often the differences between model lines is trim, but it is quite possible for the two to be of completely different construction (traditional vs sandwich wall) or of the same construction and one be built as a "lightweight."

That's at Jayco, at least, where they do not build multiple versions of the same models in different brands, as Fleetwood did with towables, Forest River and Winnebago still do (e.g. Flagstaff and Rockwood, Winnebago and Itasca).

If the models you are talking about are Swift and Jayflight, the Swift is both a lower cost model, and a lightweight, of traditional construction. The Jayflight name is usually used for the "standard" trailer of traditional construction. Jayfeather, Designer names are currently used for sandwich-wall model lines, the first a lightweight, the second a premium model. They've also used the names Eagle for a premium model below Designer, and Hawk for an earlier sandwich-wall lightweight.

They are built in the same plants, but not necessarily alongside each other. Jayco builds different model lines in batches, so if you go for a tour one week, the plant may be turning out Designers, a couple of weeks later they might be all Jayfeathers.

The Swift is the same exact construction as the Jayflight (look at the brochure or website). The difference is entirely in the axles, furnishings, and cabinets.

I've been to Jayco a few times - they don't build laminated products and stick n' tin in the same plant. The Jayfeathers are built in their own plant. Same with the 5th wheels, and same with the Jayflight/Swift.

2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

Mike Up

NW Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/13 10:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I looked at both, the 264BH is lower end than even my previous 2008 Jay Flight which was the low end and the Jay FLight G2 was the high end.

The 264BH doesn't have in floor furnace ducts. Uses above floor flex hose like Hybrids and Ultralights. It Omits bathroom skylite and fancier kitchen dome light. It also omits the dinette seat end doors as well as the conceiled system monitor with the cork board door.

Also the storage is different as the main bedroom, as I remember doesn't have a divider between the inside and outside storage. The double bunk bed storage is less as they must be using it for accessories that above floor opposed to the Standard Jay Flight below floor.

It also has smaller 20# propane tanks, small door entry handle, and smaller fresh water tank.

Also, while having ducted in ceiling AC, it's not thermostatically controlled like the Jayflights. That means you still have the fan blowing constantly and need to adjust with it's temperature knob. That was a disappointment as one of the things I wanted to upgrade to was an automatic central air conditioning unit.

After looking at both, I had to go with the Jay flight 26BH. There's was just to many give ups with the 264BH for a minimal price decrease. I was also looking at the 267BHS slide model and had to pass on that. It had a very small sofa that was much smaller than the 26BH (that we needed) with the omissions again.

We have the 26BH and love it. Despite it's none slide out floorplan, it's very room from the layout and we can't see having another. We looked at many and really liked the 26BH the best out of any Travel Trailer with a Yellow Sticker weight under 5700 lbs (slide and none slide).

* This post was last edited 03/18/13 09:11pm by Mike Up *   View edit history

2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH
29'1" bumper to hitch, 8' wide, 6'9" ceiling, 5050# unloaded and ~6500# loaded.

2012 F150
5.0L, CC, 5.5' bed, 3.73 Locker, 4x4, TBC, 360 Hp/380# Torq, 9300# Tow/1050# Hitch Rating, 1582 lbs payload. Great TV!

Campers and Trucks

DarylSue

Waterloo,New York/Fingerlakes

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/18/13 05:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Iraqvet05 wrote:

My TV is a Silverado 1500 5.3 with a 6700 lb tow cap. A friend of mine has the 26 and pulls it fine with an EcoBoost F150. Another factor (besides the $2K cost difference) with the 26BH is the weight...at 4570 dry, adding cargo and water (if needed) would put the rig almost at tow capacity. Maybe I'm over estimating the weight, but I'd rather be under than over.

that seems kind of low for the tow capacity of your Silverado....what year is your truck and what tow pckg. is on it?.....my 2012 Silverado CC 4x4 with the tow pckg. and WD stands at 9600 lbs.

Daryl/Sue, part time kids and 2 GC

2013 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE
2012 Chevy Silverado CC 4x4
w/HD tow pkg.
Voyager BC
Reese Dual Cam/WD

Iraqvet05

Greenwood, MO

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/13 07:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not sure where I got my initial TV capacity numbers but the sticker on my factory hitch puts the numbers much higher with a WDH. I wound up buying the 26BH and an E2 WDH. The 5.3 struggles a little in hills but the trailer pulls nice on level roads. The DW, kids and I can't wait for some warmer weather and our first camping trip in the TT!

2001 Silverado 2500HD 6.0
P3 controller
2013 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH

US Army veteran

AJP69

Manhattan, KS

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/18/13 09:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the 264bh. When we purchased from trailside RV in Kansas city I also looked at the 26bh. For how I camp the 264 was perfect. I don't need more fresh water or fancy cabinets. I have been very happy with my choice.

2012 Jayco Jay Flight Swift 264BH
2005 Ford F-250 6.0l diesel

wannavolunteerFT

South Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/26/13 07:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you are not boondocking or dry camping somewhere, don't let the water tank size make your decision. I have the Jayflight with the 90+ freshwater tank, and I have only used it 1 time. I would really prefer a smaller one, as I have to go through nearly 200 gallons of water when I sanitize system.

We have a property that has electricity but no water, so when I camp there I have to carry in water. Thanksgiving, I filled the tank nearby and hauled it full to property. Sure made a huge difference in towing. 90+ gallons of water is a big increase in weight. I would have been fine with half that, even with everyone who came for dinner using my water.

I would rather have a larger grey tank. Most state parks don't have sewer connections, so if I shower in my TT, I end up hauling grey water every few days.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Jayco 264BH vs 26BH?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS