|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Forest River Sandpiper question

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
rockhound007

truck

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/13 04:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just wondering on anyones thought on Forest River Sandpipers. Am looking at trading our Sundance for a Sandpiper. Very happy with the Heartland product, but we now need a little more sleeping space, going to trade up bunk house model for quad bunks.
Thanks for any feed back

Merrykalia

Appalachian (apple at chun) Mountains in SW VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/13 04:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am looking at one too! We have a Signature Ultralite and have been pleased with it.

tmmar

Nassau County, Long Island, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/13 04:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You should take a look at the Forest River Forums website. I'm sure you will be able to find a lot of good information there. I can't post the link because the moderator here thinks I am advertising while in fact, I am trying to help posters such as your self find pertinant info on Forest River products.

2014 40' Forest River Berkshire DP Bunkhouse

MPI_Mallard

McGregor Ontario,St. Cloud Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/13 04:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know anyone with that model but i am a Cedar Creek/Forest River owner and would'nt change a thing,iv'e had several dealings with them and found them to really care about their product and mostly their customers,we know several others who are "creekers" that boast the same thing!

07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Bl├╝cher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...

haste maker

alabama

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/13 04:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would not buy anything made by Forest River..I have a new 2012 Sierra TT that is a piece of junk...don't waste your money on a Forest River product.

* This post was edited 01/25/13 10:03am by haste maker *

Retried Teamster
2007 Dodge
2012 Sierra
2002 Honda Goldwing

dblr

Newark De

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/13 04:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some folks that have a Sandpiper love them but the few I have looked at I would not be intererested at all in owning. We have a Cedar Creek ( by Forrest River) is nice but they are built at seperate plants so they have nothing in common but the main co.
Heartland makes a very nice product why not look at stepping up in their line.

05 F350
2010 Cedar Creek 36RE
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

old guy

Oregon (pronounced Or e gun)

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/13 05:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK, to begin with I have a sand pipe and never again will I buy one much less buy from forest rover. those guys have the worst customer support of any one I've worked with. i was in the RV industry for a while and forest river is the pits to work with. our techs didn't like the forest river line to work on. you can put your hand through the walls just by leaning on them.. one guy was kneeing on the steps of a 5th wheel and put his hand on the wall and next thing he knew he was in the toilet. on mine I had different sized tires and wheels on it. I had several blow outs before we found that. do you think forest river stood up to the bat and replaced them, no I did and I put heavier tires and wheels on it. I had enough saw dust to fill a laundry basket. they stapled the wire for the tv antenna inside the roof. no fault of theirs I guess is the furnace the fridge and the converter had to be changed out in the first month. had to fight them every foot of the way to cover the parts and warranty work. to talk to the people in customer service was not a pleasant thing. I know I will never buy another forest river product.

sunnybrookid

NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/13 05:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't own a Sandpiper, but have been in quite a few. My biggest concern is all the windows in that floorplan. It would have to be difficult to heat and cool with that much glass.

nremtp143

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/13 06:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've had 2 Sandpipers in the last 2.5 years and loved them both. The first was an '11 355QBQ which we liked everything but the lighter wood and the kitchen cabinet at head level as we came in the door. When the '12 365SAQ came out, we bought one and absolutely love it. We did have an issue with the axles(you can read about it here http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f27/365saq-weight-29605.html ). Forest River and Sandpiper stepped up and corrected the problem with new axles. Not all are as heavy as ours. Anyway, back to the question. I believe it is the best floor plan on the market with the ope quad bunks in the back. We looked at Cedar Creeks first but they had cabinets that separated the rear bunks that we didn't like at the time. They may have changed them now, but we really like our Sandpiper. I pull it with a dually so no problems there. Good luck.

2012 Sandpiper 365SAQ, G614s, TST TPMS
2008 Thor Vortex 26FS
2013 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4, Edge CTS, B&W Companion, Viair 10007 Air System, Firestone Air Bags
2001 Excursion Limited 7.3L 4x4, V/B Springs
2001 Silverado 3500 DRW CCLB 8.1L/Allison 4x4

mwebber78

New England

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/13 06:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Slow down with the generalizations. Maybe the Sandpiper/Sierra isn't up to snuff based on some comments but I can assure you Forest River has many, many plants and their own management teams. Cedar Creek, Rockwood, and Prime Time are rated highly on independent and owner based ranking sites. In addition, my Class C has been good and customer service top notch. My unit is nearly three years old, my kids have two drawer latches they snapped. I posted on the owner forums where to get them from, the factory posted a PM to me and sent a handful for free....

2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Forest River Sandpiper question
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS