|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Forest River Sandpiper question

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
LINDA53

EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 08:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

are you looking for a trailer or a 5th wheel. What's the difference in quad bunks to the other kind? We are also looking too. We also want one with a bunkhouse and 1/2 bath. Please give input.

dogwood36322

Southeast USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 11:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have had a Sandpiper fiver for almost 5 years. It has held up well and I have put around 30,000 miles on it. Had good customer service from my dealer after the sale. Ours is not a bunk model but rear kitchen.

Jim,
Retired US Army, Still training Army pilots at Ft. Rucker, Al.
2011 Ford F350 DRW, 6.7, B&W turnover hitch/5th wheel.
2008 Sandpiper 295RGD

Merrykalia

Appalachian (apple at chun) Mountains in SW VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 11:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LINDA53, if you want a fifth wheel with quad bunks and a 1/2 bath, look at the Cougar 293SAB (triple bunks instead of quad), 324RLB (couch/bed down and double bunks in a loft), and the one I am looking at, the Sandpiper Select 32QBBS with the bunkroom in the front and master in the back. It doesn't have a half bath.

The Sandpiper 355QBQ has half bath and 4 beds - 2 twins and 2 bunk size. It's too heavy for me. The 365QBQ also has a half bath and the 376BHOK has the half bath, a twin, 2 bunks and a trundle in the 2nd bedroom.

Most RV manufacturers have them, you just have to find one that you like the fit and finish and check reviews about manufacturers warranty work.

laknox

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 12:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rockhound007 wrote:

Just wondering on anyones thought on Forest River Sandpipers. Am looking at trading our Sundance for a Sandpiper. Very happy with the Heartland product, but we now need a little more sleeping space, going to trade up bunk house model for quad bunks.
Thanks for any feed back

We have some Canadian friends that have had a Sandpiper for several years and, initially, they were not real happy with it. His comment on it was that the dealer "had to almost rebuild it" after their first winter down here in AZ. He's pretty handy, being A&P certified in Canada, so has fixed a lot of stuff himself. Now, he seems to be pretty happy with it. They make a number of summer trips in Canada with it each year as well as winter trips from their winter home here in AZ.

Lyle

2002 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax Crew Cab 4x4
Banks Bullet Tuner and Monster Exhaust
B&W Turnover Ball with 5th Wheel Companion
2004 Komfort 25FSG Fifth Wheel
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 55 Year Member

nremtp143

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 01:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LINDA53 wrote:

are you looking for a trailer or a 5th wheel. What's the difference in quad bunks to the other kind? We are also looking too. We also want one with a bunkhouse and 1/2 bath. Please give input.

That is why we ended up with the Sandpiper 355QBQ and a Sandpiper 365SAQ. We wanted 2 outside doors, bunks, 1 1/2 baths and an outside kitchen. It was the first one that met our 'wants', plus it was within 30 miles of home. Very little problems with either one. IF we had a problem, it was solved quickly and was usually something small.

2012 Sandpiper 365SAQ, G614s, TST TPMS
2008 Thor Vortex 26FS
2013 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4, Edge CTS, B&W Companion, Viair 10007 Air System, Firestone Air Bags
2001 Excursion Limited 7.3L 4x4, V/B Springs
2001 Silverado 3500 DRW CCLB 8.1L/Allison 4x4

srink

Indianapolis

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 05:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have had 3 Sierra's. I visited the plant and the Sierra and Sandpiper are on the same line, side by side. Identically built. (different color schemes)
we had a Sierra TT and now our 2nd 5th wheel. We had a problem with our first 5er after it was out of warranty. the dealer was no help. I went straight to Forest River and they bent over backwards to help me and fix our 5er. NO CHARGE.
Now understand it's the middle of the road 5er. It's not a high end. There are better 5er's I agree, but I can't afford them. Dollar for Dollar I think it's a great buy and we've been very happy with all 3 we've had.

Condo on Wheels

Halmfamily

Munford, AL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 07:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We purchased our Sandpiper 366FL last July and love it. Looked at the 365SAQ but it was a little too heavy for our SRW F350 and since ours kids are now teens we new we would not need a bunkhouse in a couple of years. The only issue we've had is a creeping mail slide. Have two months with the dealer and F.R. engineers helping them they finally fixed the issue. They were both determined to find the problem even after replacing almost the entire hydraulic system. Turned out to be an issue with a valve on the bedroom slide causing the main slide to creep out. While it was in the shop our dealer went over our unit top to bottom and fixed an issue with the fridge, replaced one of the legs on the landing gear and corrected a couple of other small issues. They wanted to make sure it was 100% ready for the 2013 camping season, I really appreciated my dealer went above and beyond the needed repair. As others have said check out the Forrest River forum, there is a lot of great advice on there. The last outing we had in 2012 I counted four Sandpipers at the camp ground, four were 365SAQ's and my 366Fl. Good luck.
Travel on,
Randy

2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman bike rack
2013 FR Sandpiper 366FL 40' Front Living Room 4 Slides. 12650 lbs (Sandy)

Beefer

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/13 09:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Forest river: I just bought a 5 ER her from Wana RV right by forest river plant.
We took a tour through the plant where Sabre's are made and I was very impressed on how well they were built and with the workmanship that was put in them.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Forest River Sandpiper question
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS