RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Essex Credit????

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Essex Credit????

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
jack0351

Santee, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 12:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a bad experience with Essex, so I refuse to recommend them. USAA came through and saved the day with a loan approval in less than 10 minutes, and overnighted the check to the RV dealership so my wife and I could pick up our RV when we had scheduled to do so.

2013 Ram 3500 CCLB DRW 6.7 w/Aisin
2012 Dutchmen Voltage V3600 Toyhauler
2000 Harley FXST

fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 01:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

accsys wrote:

jaybrown wrote:

My advise would be not to get a loan at all unless it is for a house that you will live in......do not get a loan on a trailer or mh they go down in value too fast.

He didn't ask for advice - he asked for an opinion on which loan company to use, not whether to use one.

Thank you accys for saying it, I always love this valuable advice when it is given about not financing RV's. Hello people, don't you think he would have paid cash if possible? Some of us would never had the opportunity to even think about this pastime if not for the ability to finance it. Geewhiz, let the guy have some fun, some of us want to enjoy a few things before we die.

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

kroghville

Jefferson, WI

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 01:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

X2 Well said fla-gypsie

bukhrn

Lanexa, Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 02:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kroghville wrote:

X2 Well said fla-gypsie
X-3, It always amazes me that someone who is fortunate enough to pay cash for thier toys, thinks that everyone has $75,000. laying around to buy a MH, & to put a little different spin on the Gypsies' quote, if we had to wait till we had cash, there'd be a whole lot more open campsites.

2007 Forester 2941DS
2005 KIA Spectra
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund
You can have my RV, when you pry my cold dead fingers from the Steering Wheel

Artemus Gordon

Redding California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 03:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fla-gypsy wrote:

accsys wrote:

jaybrown wrote:

My advise would be not to get a loan at all unless it is for a house that you will live in......do not get a loan on a trailer or mh they go down in value too fast.

He didn't ask for advice - he asked for an opinion on which loan company to use, not whether to use one.

Thank you accys for saying it, I always love this valuable advice when it is given about not financing RV's. Hello people, don't you think he would have paid cash if possible? Some of us would never had the opportunity to even think about this pastime if not for the ability to finance it. Geewhiz, let the guy have some fun, some of us want to enjoy a few things before we die.

These all "cash people" are very short sighted. I make a consistent 15-18 percent return on my investments. Why would I tie up $75k in a trailer, when I can borrow the money for 4.5%? It's called "time value of money" folks. In addition you can add additional principle to loan each month, effectively reducing the term of the loan and "effective interest rate" even further. So the "holy cash only" argument does not fly even if you have the cash! I love it when the "I have no debt crowd starts critizing people who borrow". Those who know and understand time value of money, find the argument elementary! We have best rates in history, live a little!

jaybrown

Kansas city

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/13 12:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Getting a loan for a toy camper is stupid. Nobody says you have to buy a 75 g camper...buy something you can afford. Then you will enjoy your camper much more.because you will own it instead of it owning you.

gmcsmoke

Butler

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/26/13 06:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I pay cash for everything. I bought my first car at 16, my first home at 21 and my first yacht at 30.

I am so awesome I need to make sure everyone that doesn't do things just like me is a fool.

ha ha ha I'm so rich.

There's more than just Essex and USAA for rv loans. we have ours through BOA but find who ever has the best overall rate and go with them.

bsinmich

Holland, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/26/13 07:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jaybrown wrote:

Getting a loan for a toy camper is stupid. Nobody says you have to buy a 75 g camper...buy something you can afford. Then you will enjoy your camper much more.because you will own it instead of it owning you.

You are a little slow to catch on. Many of us do not want to deplete our savings that much and many also have steady income to make payments but not enough to pay cash. You do it your way and let the rest of us do it our way!!! You think it is stupid but not everyone agrees!!!

2003 Newmar Mountain Aire, Workhorse W22, 2008 Saturn Vue, Falcon 5250, & US Gear Unified Tow Brake

jaybrown

Kansas city

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/13 08:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry if I offended you all.. I guess I listen to Dave Ramsey too much and just tell people what they don't want to hear....

travisc

Pacific NW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/26/13 09:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

check around with local credit unions- one in Washington is doing 3.24 with some caveats but we are moving from 4.49 to this lower rate next week.

Winnebago Access 24V

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Essex Credit????
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS