|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Best Full Hook-up in Yellowstone & Grand Teton

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Bionic Man

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 08:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another vote for Grizzly if you are staying out of the park. Fishing Bridge doesn't give you much space but its right in the heart of the park.

We stayed at the Virginian a few years back. Don't think we would do that again.

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

2hams

Virginia Beach, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 08:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

X2 on Grizzly RV and Coulter Bay.

We restricted what we could do somewhat to dog friendly activities, and found 3 days was fine for the Tetons, could have spent more than 5 in West Yellowstone.

2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2008 Silverado 2500HD D/A

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 11:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think, as was stated, Colter Bay RV Park(hook-ups) does offer a discount (10 bucks sounds right to me)with a Senior/Disabled Pass and Colter Bay Campground(no Hook-ups) givess you 50% off with the same pass. In Yellowstone, Grizzly, is by far the most popular although I would not dismiss Fishing Bridge within the Park even though it is a Parking lot.....you are in the Park itself and if like most visitors to Yellowstone with limited time, your only at your RV a minimum of that time. Either way...have a Great time!!!

96 Vogue Prima Vista 37' CAT 3176B
Our Babies: Mollie, Cassie and Maggie, all rescued King Charles Spaniels, Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie, Scoutie, Katie, Cooper, Kodie and our sweet Rubie RIP kids!

Rally's and get togethers.....Lots

docj

Fulltime--Home is where we park it

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 03:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

donlb wrote:

Thanks docj. I assume you are talking about Colter Bay Village CG which is a private CG. My Good Sam Travel Guide tells me that it was $57/nite last year. My Senior Pass probably would not help me here. The other Colter Bay CG is a NP CG and does not indicate what, if any, kind of HU's are available.

It is not a private CG; it is in the national park and is run by the parks's concessionaire. That's standard practice in many of the national parks for hotels, restaurants and improved campgrounds. The senior pass does provide a ~$10/night discount.

One of the shortcomings we have found with the Good Sam Travel Guide, along with Woodalls and Trailer Life, is that it provides limited and sometimes incorrect information about federal, state and municipal campgrounds. Maybe it's only a coincidence that those are the kinds of CG's that don't pay for advertising! We find that the reviews of these kinds of CGs are much better at RVParkReviews.com

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/braking system
WiFiRanger Ambassador/RVParkReviews administrator
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Indy317

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/27/13 06:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are staying at Red Rock RV in Island Park, ID, this summer. They were very friendly when making the reservation. Website says they are 20 minutes from West Entrance. We are staying for a week, and their rates are reasonable. http://www.redrockrvpark.com/

lmsteck

Northern California

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/13 12:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

donlb wrote:

Thanks docj. I assume you are talking about Colter Bay Village CG which is a private CG. My Good Sam Travel Guide tells me that it was $57/nite last year. My Senior Pass probably would not help me here. The other Colter Bay CG is a NP CG and does not indicate what, if any, kind of HU's are available.

There's Colter Bay Village Campground which is dry camping and right next door is Colter Bay Village RV Park. We stayed at the RV park June/July 2012 and loved it! We stayed 8 nights. Most of the people around us only stayed a couple of days, but we thoroughly enjoyed our campsite and the park. We also stayed at Fishing Bridge in Yellowstone NP. It was essentially a parking lot, but it was inside the park and had full hook-ups. We spent 8 nights in Yellowstone and literally were gone from the campsite all day. When we got back to the RV we had dinner and got ready for bed, so the campground was ok for us. We also spent a night at the West Yellowstone KOA, the sites were small, but they offered many activities, so if you have kids you might consider it.

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/27/13 01:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Indy317 wrote:

We are staying at Red Rock RV in Island Park, ID, this summer. They were very friendly when making the reservation. Website says they are 20 minutes from West Entrance. We are staying for a week, and their rates are reasonable. http://www.redrockrvpark.com/

We spent a week at Red Rock a few years back...you'll be very Happy there. Its a nice "out of the way" campground. We really enjoyed the
horseback ride/rodeo/cowboy BBQ just down the road from Red Rock at a fair price. Have Fun!

2gypsies

Enjoying the West!

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/13 03:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We would definitely not recommend Flagg Ranch or the Virginian in Jackson. Flagg has poor electric and the Virginian in a more of a parking lot than Fishing Bridge which at least has some trees. For Yellowstone it's Fishing Bridge and for the Tetons it's Colter Bay RV if you need electric. There are many wonderful options in the parks if you don't need electric. Have fun!

Full-Timers for 16+ Years
.... Now Seasonal
2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
2004 Jeep Liberty

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Best Full Hook-up in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS