|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> steering check

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
joe0508

knoxville

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 09:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok so i understand this is not a good place to do chassis work.They did refer me to a place that does do alignments so i will get the second apinion from them.I have my own specs for the alignment so it shouldnt be to much of a problem for them.I plan on using supersteer specs for their bellcrank.The only thing i might have a problem with is getting more shims for the caster.A lot of alignment shops dont like the extra time it takes to work the shims in and just tell you theirs no more room left.I had this problem when i first started trying to get the wander out of the front end.I had two alignments and both said no more room. The third the tech said he had no problem working with the shims to take it from 4 degrees to 5 degrees.The only thing it didnt change it any.I would take it to the same place but no where close to that shop.I will be doing work in knoxville tn.

joe money

nelson

Clio,Mi USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/26/13 04:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good for Camper World for sending you to an alignment shop, Now just hope it is a good one. When I had mine done I looked for places that did trucks and called and asked if they did MH, I was told they did MH's all the time. When I got there they got me right in and it took him about 1.5 hours to do my alighnment. I might have just been lucky but I did fine a good shop. Good Luck

2002 Damon Challenger 348 Ford V10
Blue Ox Auto Stop and Aventa II Tow Bar
2001 Ford Sport Trac with Remco Driveshaft Disconnect

xctraveler

Livingston TX

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/13 10:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ArchHoagland wrote:

Overinflated front tires will cause handling problems.

Have you weighed your coach and set the tire pressure according to the manufactures chart?

That is far too easy a solution, also it is the first step before doing anything. I have used a truck facility to do my alignments and they have solved other problems for me. On my former coach on a WH W22 the tech suggested reducing toe-in to 0 to ease handling and it really did improve highway tracking a lot, also reduced wear on the steer tires.

Paul
Trucking down the road in our 2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

ArchHoagland

Clovis, CA, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/26/13 08:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Overinflated front tires will cause handling problems.

Have you weighed your coach and set the tire pressure according to the manufactures chart?

2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

wny_pat

Western NYS

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/13 10:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gale Hawkins wrote:

nelson wrote:

JMO but paying camper world to check a front end when they have no front end alignment tech is a waste of your time and money. Get to a good Alignment shop and they will check it all out before doing the alignment and it will be money well spent. I bought my MH new and was amazed how much difference a good alignment could make.

nelson he as already did that based on posts over time. He stated he was not happy so now he will get happy at CW or we will hear about them too.

X-2!!
And he is a over the road trucker to boot, if I remember right. One would think......

“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> steering check
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS