|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Your three favorite vacation days

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
noe-place

Somerset, Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 06:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have had way too many to narrow down to three but here are a couple of them that provoked thought: standing in the Bad Lands late at night looking at all those stars and everything around being totally dark. Looking into the Grand Canyon for the first time when I never thought I'd actually ever see it. Standing at the bottom of Niagara Falls with the spray hitting me in the face after seeing it in books and tv all my life and realizing it was really there.

Mr. Camper

ARKUSA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 07:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My three favorite vacation days are usually Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Sometimes Monday can be good but I prefer them over Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

Mr. Camper
Mrs. Camper
Tipper(RIP), PoLar (RIP), Ginger, Pasha (Our fuzzy kids)
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9TD HO 4x2 Quad Cab SLT SWB
2013 Open Range Light 274RLS

Kentucky_Joe

Fort Thomas, KY USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 09:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Husband's three favorite days

1. Walking around on Ocracoke Island NC at night.
2. Eating lunch at the fort overlooking the bay on Makinaw Island.
3. Making a bonfire with our son at a cg in Pa. (name escapes me)

Wife's three favorite days

1. Being on Maid of the Mist at Niagara Falls.
2. Viewing the tunnel at Needles in Custer State Park and having the animals walk in front of our car in Yellowstone.
3. A day at Disney- eating breakfast with the characters, watching the expression on our son's face throughout the day.

Fun Topic

Crowe

Billerica, MA USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 07:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The day we were sitting in the pool at the hotel in Disney (fly vaca, not camping) and had the epiphany that vacations are not necessarily about running from attraction to attraction but about stopping to smell the roses and enjoying each other's company.

Subscribe to the 3 "L" rule-don't stop livin', lovin' and learnin'

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

Jim Shoe

Amelia, OH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 10:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since I was young, my life has kind of revolved around golf, so my three are all golf stories.
1. Got tickets to a practice round at the Masters Tournament in Augusta, GA. At that time, there were no tickets available for the actual tournament. I've been several times since, and I've still never seen such a beautifully manicured golf course.
2. Attended a golf demo in the 60's at a local country club for some charity event with my Dad. Jack Nicklaus, Johnny Miller and Bob Hope played nine holes. I still have their autographs.
3. Although I didn't get to play, I did get my picture taken standing on the First Tee at St. Andrews in Scotland, the home of golf.

Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

Mike& Rose

Lake & Horse country,Blackstone Valley MA

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/13 06:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1. Looking at the faces of our grandchildren as they "discover" our beautiful country.
2. Enjoying a day of camping and all the activities with my family.
3. Meeting new people as we travel and spending time learning new places to visit.

See you on the road!

RoadXYZ

OR-WA-ID-CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/26/13 10:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Three vacations highlights : so very hard to pin it down to three … will cite three events while we took our 20-month Dream Trip traveling across the United States and back prior to celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary with family back home.

1) Grand Canyon – watching from the rock wall a Mt. Goat family .. baby would jump onto a small rock, and parents tried to follow while guiding him back down to an area further down into the canyon. The scene reminded me of visiting the mall with young children during Christmas time.

2)Pike’s Peak - riding in our vehicle up to the top knowing that this was a once-in-a-lifetime event for me to be at the top .. hoping all the time that as we ascended that I would be ok despite my lung problems and knew also that DH had to be talked into even taking me up there. Could breathe ok at the top, but simply could not talk, but still a most memory. And I proudly wear a baseball cap souvenir.

3)Niagara Falls – how hard to pin it down to just one more … spending the day on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls, enjoying the day while knowing that the next day would find us at our son’s home near Toronto.

Full-Time RV'rs - Grandma, Grandpa, & Petunia, 9 yr old Chi
2008 Suburban / Alpenlite Travel Trailer

noe-place

Somerset, Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/13 09:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jim Shoe wrote:

Since I was young, my life has kind of revolved around golf, so my three are all golf stories.
1. Got tickets to a practice round at the Masters Tournament in Augusta, GA. At that time, there were no tickets available for the actual tournament. I've been several times since, and I've still never seen such a beautifully manicured golf course.
2. Attended a golf demo in the 60's at a local country club for some charity event with my Dad. Jack Nicklaus, Johnny Miller and Bob Hope played nine holes. I still have their autographs.
3. Although I didn't get to play, I did get my picture taken standing on the First Tee at St. Andrews in Scotland, the home of golf.

Wow, I too am a golf fanatic and have played all over the USA and Mexico but I envy your trip to Scotland as that's always been a dream of mine.

tpi

Southern CA.

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/13 10:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The first day ever I put a boat on Lake Powell in Wahweep and cruised up the lake looking for beach campsite about 25 miles up. Between the first time experience, the beautiful clouds and scenery and the late afternoon time of day, the perfect air and smell of the water, and the people I was with, it was probably the most spectacular three hour time frame of my life. I woke up from dreams of that trip weeks after returning to my humdrum work life.

profdant139

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/13 07:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow, Ken, this is a great idea for a thread, and a tough question to answer -- three specific days?? But here goes:

First would be on our trip to the Rainbow Rim on the north side of the Grand Canyon -- this was our first boondocking experience, and we were all by ourselves, right on the edge of the canyon -- and the howling wind woke us up for the sunrise:

The rest of that cool and breezy day was spent mountain biking along the rim trail -- very tiring, very exciting, didn't see anyone else the whole day.

Second would be our trip to Rainier -- we had just acquired microspikes, which are slip-on crampons -- like four wheel drive for your hiking boots -- and we were finally able to hike (carefully) onto Paradise Glacier, instead of just looking at it from below --there was no one else around:

Third would be on our recent trip to the Canadian Rockies -- some great rv.net member had recommended that we go to Peter Lougheed Provincial Park, which I had never heard of -- we arrived in a thunderstorm, which turned to snow the next morning. We were in a deserted campground on the shore of a lake, and the orange glare of the sunrise on the snowy mountains woke us up:

And then we spent the rest of the day hiking above treeline into a glacial cirque, amid snow showers mixed with cold sunshine.

2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Your three favorite vacation days
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS