|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Must haves in a FW

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 04:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My must haves which may differ from yours! 2 A/C units,50 amp service,at least 4 slides, built in genset, auto leveling system,built-in tank flush,Central water hook up area,enclosed bathroom,3000 min.CCC, 80 gallon Grey,80 gallon fresh,50 gallon black, water heater by pass and winterizing valves, 2 TV's,
large kitchen,lots of interior and exterior storage,rear ladder, HVAC ducting in all rooms including bathrooms, heated enclosed tanks. 16" wheels

07'Duramax dually,12'Open Range 399BHS
Hawkshead TPMS,Hensley BD3,K-Bee exhaust brake
Blue Ox Bedsaver,air bags,Garmin RV760 w/BC20 camera
Arvika bike rack,Bak-Flip G2
5500 Onan LP,Progressive surge,keyless RV Lock
Porta Bote w/8.0 Nissan
Vu Cube,Splendide WD

Okie1

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 05:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we went to buy last summer the main thing was at least three slides, opposing slides in living area and one in the bedroom. We wouldn't even consider one with less, ended up with four slides. Also if over 26' or so a second A/C is a must.

1997 F-250 Powerstroke Extended Cab 4X4 & 2012 Sabre 34RLQS...

jaycocamprs

Ringgold Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 06:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dennis M M wrote:

#1 priority (after knowing you have enough truck for your choice) is to make sure you can get to the toilet with the slides closed, secondarily access to the refrigerator with slides closed is handy as well.

The size of the shower and being able to stand upright in the bedroom would be other basic considerations.

The DW might have something to say about counter space.

These are the big ones for us. Being in southeast the 2nd AC would also be on my "must have".

2005 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

remoandiris

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 05:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For a TH, I am looking for an all in one bathroom (I don't like the toilet in a separate room), fireplace, open floor plan, garage door converts to patio deck, minimum 12' garage. Other than that, it is give and take. I prefer the washer/dryer hookups in the bedroom vice the garage. I prefer a single black/grey discharge connection. Saw lots of THs with 2 discharge connections at the Tampa show.

2011 GMC 3500 Dually
New to me 2006 Jayco Designer 38RDQS
2 Boxers and a Maine Coon

topjimmy

west coast usa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 06:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Lippert auto six point level is AWESOME but not a "MUST Have" it depends on your needs , my wife loves to cook so she has to have a big kitchen with double fridge and the L shape counter ALSO got to have the little shelves on each side of the bed for books, water etc.. , as far as access to the bathroom with the slides closed I have never seen one where you can't but that would be "MUST HAVE"

* This post was edited 01/25/13 08:44pm by topjimmy *

mdamerell

Fort Wayne

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 07:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Must haves are like wants and needs, they are personal for the most part.

Look at how you live and go from there. For us the Bipap machine required a night stand and outlets by the bed this ruled out many options. All in one bathroom, large shower and a toilet not in a closet was another. Some people like the toilet in the closet. Drives me nuts.

Also had a list of things I did not want. I did not want an outdoor kitchen. Why spend money on what you don't want.

If we all had the same wants or needs there would not be a couple hundred different options. What some call must haves, I'd like but can't afford, so look at your budget as well.

Also look at what is prep'd for but not installed. 2nd A/C is an example. Many units are pre-wired for the 2nd A/C so you can install it later when needed and you have the funds.

2012 Sundance 3100RB w/Reese Goose Box
2004 Ford F350 6.0 L PSD, CC, DRW, long bed, B&W drop ball hitch, Firestone Ride-rite air bags.

realter

Eastern NE

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 08:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

topjimmy wrote:

My Lippert auto six point level is AWESOME but not a "MUST Have" it depends on your needs , my wife loves to cook so she has to have a big kitchen with double fridge and the L shape counter, as far as access to the bathroom with the slides closed I have never seen one where you can't but that would be "MUST HAVE"

The smallest Jayco has to have the slide moved out a foot or so to get into the bathroom. Salesman said no problem, as the slide runs off your truck battery. Seemed like a good answer to me, anybody disagree with him? I am looking for a small 5th wheel so that I could tow a small boat behind. Having trouble finding ones under 30'.

45Ricochet

North Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 08:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It wouldn't have ST tires

06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
GVWR 12,200 RAWR 9350
06 Grand Junction 34' High profile 15500 GVWR 3200 pin Mor/ryde 5500 Onan genny Dual A/C Wet bolts
27' Hallett 502, 500HP

BiggestRon

California

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 08:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Paid for

Ron and Sue

If Wisdom is a virtue of old age then gravity is its vice.

Desist from numerically calculating fowls which have failed to fully realized their proper incubation period.

topjimmy

west coast usa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 08:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PAID FOR!! LOL that is funny and true story

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Must haves in a FW
Search:   Advanced Search