|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Must haves in a FW

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
dieseltruckdriver

Black Hills of SD

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 09:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife and I spent over a year and a half looking for our first 5er. I finally said I had enough, and told her to make a list of EVERYTHING she HAD to have on a trailer. I did the same, and I put our lists together. I told her the first trailer that has all this is the one we will buy. Of course the very next one we looked at had everything we both wanted. It was an Arctic Fox, and we both knew the quality of them from our years in our pickup campers. We have been extremely happy with our choice.

1995 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2000 Arctic Fox 27-5L

topjimmy

west coast usa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 10:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just what Dieseltruckdriver said there is your answer go with that ! NEXT THREAD

jaybrown

Kansas city

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/13 12:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wanted washer dryer hook ups and wife had to have 1 1/2 baths.

R12RTee

Full Timing with a home base in FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/26/13 06:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

realter wrote:

topjimmy wrote:

My Lippert auto six point level is AWESOME but not a "MUST Have" it depends on your needs , my wife loves to cook so she has to have a big kitchen with double fridge and the L shape counter, as far as access to the bathroom with the slides closed I have never seen one where you can't but that would be "MUST HAVE"

The smallest Jayco has to have the slide moved out a foot or so to get into the bathroom. Salesman said no problem, as the slide runs off your truck battery. Seemed like a good answer to me, anybody disagree with him? I am looking for a small 5th wheel so that I could tow a small boat behind. Having trouble finding ones under 30'.

I don't disagree with him. For us it's a non issue. It's easy enough to run the slide out a little bit even in a rest stop parking space. It isn't like there is a constant rush to get to the toilet. If we travel 5 or 6 hours a day we only need to stop once or twice and there is never a problem finding a spot for the slide to move a foot or so.

* This post was edited 01/26/13 06:45am by R12RTee *

2013 DRV Mobile Suite with HydraLift motorcycle lift
2013 Ford F-450 with a Chariot Hauler body and a Hensley TrailerSaver hitch
2011 BMW R1200RT

Me Again

Shelter Bay, Wa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/26/13 06:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

realter wrote:

topjimmy wrote:

My Lippert auto six point level is AWESOME but not a "MUST Have" it depends on your needs , my wife loves to cook so she has to have a big kitchen with double fridge and the L shape counter, as far as access to the bathroom with the slides closed I have never seen one where you can't but that would be "MUST HAVE"

The smallest Jayco has to have the slide moved out a foot or so to get into the bathroom. Salesman said no problem, as the slide runs off your truck battery. Seemed like a good answer to me, anybody disagree with him? I am looking for a small 5th wheel so that I could tow a small boat behind. Having trouble finding ones under 30'.

Find a new salesman and a different model! It is hard to hold the slide button while dancing around. Chris

My Rig
2001.5 2500 STD CAB AUTO SLT 4x4, CTD 4:10's, Bomb'd to Tow
2005 Cardinal 29WBLX. Older posts can be seen by searching "Chris"

2hams

Virginia Beach, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/26/13 09:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Must haves, for us include access to fridge and bath with slides in (we must pack while parked on street). Also standard queen bed and 16" rims with LT tires. Grey tank at 60+ gal.

A floorplan that is 'comfortable'.

2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2008 Silverado 2500HD D/A

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Must haves in a FW
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts