RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Triple E Topaz worth the extra cost?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Triple E Topaz worth the extra cost?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Bigfoot affair

YYC

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 04:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi all, DW and I are thinking of going from a TC to 5th wheel. Have been looking at all the smaller units up to 27' because I will be towing a fishing boat behind the fifth wheel and would like to keep it legal.

We have found a few Triple E Topaz fifth wheels in the 2007-2008 model year and they are very nice, we both like the layout and they seem to be put together really well. The units we've looked at are the 254SS and a 251SF. The 251SF was a 2008 and was priced at $19500, sold in half a day! The 07 & 08 254SS are both listed at $26900! Now I do realize that there would be some wiggle rome in those prices but how much? DW and I went to the RV show yesterday and saw a few trailers that were brand new and just a tick over $21K... but they sure didn't show the quality of the Topaz. Would I be better off buying new or paying the extra for the Topaz?? HELP!

hone eagle

essex ontario canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 06:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mine has been very good to us, build qualtiy flawless ,its a 2002 touring, duel pane windows,in ten years I replaced a fridge and hot water gas ignitor(s)a and water pump.
All wood work is serial numbered so the factory can replace any damage perfectly and I have seen them do it with a owner that was in Texas ,shipped him a replacement door matched exactly.
If they built a 36 ' it would be my choice over any other builder.

2005 Volvo 670 singled freedomline 12 speed
Newmar 34rsks 2008
Hensley trailersaver TSLB2H
maxbrake controller

Yukoners

Whitehorse

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 06:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very pleased with the 2005 Topaz we have. They no longer make the fivers or we would buy another (no longer need the bunks) Very well made, heavy frame will take anything, great customer service from manufacturer, fit and finish excellent, I consider them in the upper range for quality. 16' wheels, plywood floors. You can do a search here and elsewhere but no issues with these, they must have stringent quality control. Wish we had arctic package though.
Good luck!

2006 GMC 3500 4x4 Duramax/Allison SRW LB CC Helwig Sway Bars, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone airbags, Airraid CAI, Lightforce driving lights.
2012 Arctic Fox 990 Torklift tie downs, Fast guns, Foxlanding, 2500 Onan gennie

CRAMD

Saskatchewan,Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 06:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2008 Topaz, and the quality is second to none. I would buy another one in a heartbeat, but it doesn't look like Triple EEE is building trailers anymore.Checking their web site, it appears that 2009 was the last year for a Topaz.

Mark Heisler

Viking,Alberta Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 06:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

there is nothing better then a canadian built trailer.That why i have not bought a new one.a used topaz is build lot better the alot of these new ones these days.it not how old it is. it what life it has left in it

2003 dodge 2wheel drive diesel 375hp 750torque
2007 citation fifth wheel model 29bhs
to see pictures of my truck and fifth-wheel click on view profile

Greentreena

British Columbia

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/13 08:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Triple E is no longer making trailers since the economy tanked. I have had no problems with the build quality of our 06 Topaz. The dometic fridge went and was replaced under the extended warrenty and 3 of the Chinese Good Year Marathons exploded. The trailer seems well built and is holding up to all the abuse the kids can throw at it. It has seen a lot of miles and traveled some bumpy roads and still looks great. I would buy another Triple E product.

2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 Mega Cab 4x4 SRW
Hijacker Auto Slide/ P3
2006 Triple E Topaz 310RBXL
Wife, 2 kids and Murphy the dog
Pictures

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Triple E Topaz worth the extra cost?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts