|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Quartzsite 2013

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
bettye

Goodyear, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 05:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just returned from Quartzsite. Anyone else disappointed in the show this year? I was surprised at how few vendors were at Tyson Wells, Rice Ranch and the tent. There were many duplicate vendors in the tent as well. The weather was nice though.

Betty & Jim
2001 Adventurer

Virgil_Diesel

Home of SF 49ers

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 05:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It was posted just last week and was almost beaten to death. Click on the link below
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26668153.cfm

Mr.Mark

California/Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 05:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello Mz. Betty. I think my disappointment comes more from going 5 yrs. straight. In the previous years, I would go to the tent the day it opens (Sat) and then go again on Sunday. In previous years I might have even gone on Monday before I left. I would always arrive on Wednesday before the event and leave on Monday with my RV group.

Anyway, the vendors did seem a little bit thinner inside the tent. Tyson Wells seemed about the same. I think I like that vendor area better than the big tent.

I'll probably go again next year to be with my friends. At least one stop at the Big Tent is necessary for comparison of the past years attendance. One of my main concerns was to check with the FMCA booth about the Michelin tire deal as I want to replace tires before summer. My tires are turning 7 yrs. old this year.

MM.

Mr.Mark
2013 Honda CR-V EXL, AWD, w/Nav, SMI Air Force One vacuum-assisted braking
2015 Liberty Class A (45 ft.)

rv2go

Fulltime 12 yrs (Knoxville, TN).or someplace else

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 05:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The beauty of Q is that each of us has our own opinions. Some visit once and complain. Other have been coming since the beginning and love each year.
As for me, I would not give a nickel for the whole town, yet my wife loves it and spends hours each day while we are there shopping the vendors.

Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Travel Photos

BusyC

Billings, MT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 06:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We got back on Tuesday night. We have never been to Quartzsite so we can't compare to past years but I was disappointed that a lot of the vendors in the RV show had very little to do with RVing! We have a show here in Billings Montana, that I thought for sure would be tiny compared to the one at Q. Low and behold ours is actually pretty good. To me if it is an RV show the booth should have something to do with RVng but I was getting annoyed with all of those 'as seen on TV' type things (i.e. grater, etc). I still had a good time though!

Carol - Billings, MT
2002 Ford F250 7.3l Diesel Crew Cab
2013 Keystone Montana 3100RL
Loving RVing as a family! DH, Myself, DS (6yr) and 2 dogs!

RayChez

Barstow, Ca. USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 06:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have only been to Quartzite only once and that was in 2002. It was huge then and we had a lot of fun riding around on my quad which saved us a lot of walking from where I parked the coach to the big tent and other vendors. I had thought of going again this year, but after reading some negative posts here on this forum about the tickets being handed out discriminately, we chose not to go. I do not like any kind of tickets.

2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2013 Honda CR-V EX
Aventa II
FMCA member

slickest1

canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 07:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The best thing about it for me was getting my blue ox rebuilt for $25.
I bought some power sun shades from shade pro for a really good price. Other than that it seemed like the rest of the vendors were all selling the same stuff.

2000 H.R. Imperial 38wds rr8r roadmaster, isc 350 cummins
2007 Chevy Trailblazer, Blue ox towbar
Ready Brake with breakaway.

trickto322

Sioux Falls,S.D.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 07:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The town leaders will not be happy until they run everyone out. they keep increasing cost on the vendors and creating more rules which also increases cost to the vendors.

The Texan

Cascade, Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 08:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check with the BLM and the county and they will tell you that the attendance at both the RV show and winter visitors is waaaay down from just 5 years ago. We have friends that live there and they also say it is dropping like a rock. They all will give you numbers approaching 40% decline in 5 years.

Bob & Betsy(FishNFanatic) - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"
'05 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, 400 Cummins-Pulling our '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/ the Rzr or ACE or a Quad riding in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

supercub

Modesto CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 09:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tyson Wells, Rice Ranch where are these places located?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Quartzsite 2013
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS