|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Charlotte,NC RV show

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Livies Dad

Indian Trail, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/13 07:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Went to the RV show in Charlotte,NC today. Disappointing as 85-90% of units were trailers or 5th wheels. I guess this is a good thing for those looking for those type units?? Didnt seem to be a large number of vendors either. Sign of the times??

Ramblin Recks

GA

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/13 08:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know if it is a sign of the times or not, but I'll let you know how the Atlanta show was when we get back.

George and Ann
2012 Dodge 3500, SLT Big Horn,CC,DRW,Cummins HO, EB ,4x4,3:73, Retrax Pro, Q20
2014 Cedar Creek, 36CKTS, with lots of stuff....
Retired Army, but still working....until 2015

NCWriter

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/26/13 05:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've had that experience at shows, too. The best selection of motorhome-type RVs of all sizes I've seen was at one of the national Good Sam Rallies, last November in Orlando.

2006 Leisure Travel Van Free Spirit 210B Sprinter,
also known as the "Lab Cab" for Hearing Dog Raylene
(a 2014 graduate of Dogs for the Deaf, Inc.)

OFDPOS

Nor Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/26/13 04:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Same here , a few months back went to RV show in Sacramento at the Cal Expo , hand full of high dollar MH's then 5th wheels and just a very few small TT,and TH's. We didn't see a single C or B MH ?
After hearing/seeing the all the advertisements radio/tv and that was what they showed ...
And them showing apparently last year or ? show all the different MH's A,B,C TT , 5th W TH's etc and then not having any B's or C's it was rather disappointing...

And this would be another complaint of having to pay to park and pay to get in, to not see what they advertised...

Ramblin Recks

GA

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/13 06:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Back from the Atlanta RV show, it was packed with people and all types of RVs. There were 6 or 7 dealers from around the ATL area. We spent 4 hours and only looked at 5ers. There were not that many vendors, mainly time shares, art and cooking stuff. I was looking forward to looking and comparing 5er hitches..Oh well.
We had a good time and saw a few we liked, but nothing that said "this is it", like our DRW said we we sat it it for the first time...

DW says there needs to be more 5ers designed by women..

Gene in NE

Omaha

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/13 06:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So, "Ramblin Recks" did the Atlanta show have any Class C motorhomes? That is what this forum is mostly interested in.

2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

Ramblin Recks

GA

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/13 07:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seems as though I crossed the "forum" line.... I was speaking to the overall "health" of the RV show and of course my 5er interest.
I did not look at any Cs

noe-place

Somerset, Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 01/29/13 01:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I read someone report the Atlanta show didn't have very many Cs or As this year.

PSW

Oklahoma City

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/29/13 07:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, I am glad to know this is a common problem (lack of ABCs, mostly trailers) in other areas as well as where we live. Houston has a show next week, Dallas has one in three weeks. I think I may go down to both of them and take a look. I have not been to the Houston show before, but I have seen quite a few motorized rvs at Dallas shows in the past, although trailers are still dominant.

I suspect the fact is simple: easier to sell a $30-75,000 trailer than a $80,000+ motorhome of any class. Just more sales of trailers and I am sure getting into the trailer dealer business is much easier than selling motor homes, particularly from an inventory basis.

We are looking, and if anyone knows of a show that is more motor oriented than trailer, I would sure like to know about it. Anywhere.

PSW
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular

rcase13

Charlotte

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/13 05:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My family and I also went to the Charlotte RV show and we were disappointed as well. There were very few class C's there. But they had one we really liked and we bought it! We bought the Jayco Redhawk 26XS. It's an entry level model but I have to say it's packed with a lot of nice amenities for being an entry level model. We could not be happier.

There were a lot of high end fifth wheels and several pop-ups.

2013 Jayco Redhawk 26XS

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Charlotte,NC RV show
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS