RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Disney Fort Wilderness Campsites Full Hookup vs Premium

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Disney Fort Wilderness Campsites Full Hookup vs Premium

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
dpgllg

South West Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/26/13 06:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are looking to possibly go to Disney this year.

While on the Disney Website they presented me with a range of campsites from full hookup to a Premium. The costs range from $73 to $90.

Can anyone tell me what you get for an extra $17 dollars a night?

Also if there are any good links or websites to review to help plan the trip. We will be traveling with dogs and there are four adults.

Thanks!

2006 2500HD Chevy 6.0 Gas Ext Cab Short Bed
2004 Flagstaff 8528BHSS 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, One married daughter and one soon to be married daughter plus four dogs

720Deere

Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/26/13 06:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The "full" sites are smaller and their concrete pads only accommodate the trailer itself. Your patio space will be sand and shells (can't remember the word for it). From my experience the premium sites are well worth the money. The site that we had in the 1300 loop was the best campsite I have ever occupied.

Check out this link http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/7921-full-hook-up-question-we-are-going/ Fort Fiends has an app that gives you all the statistics of every site as well as a picture of the majority of them. It describes how difficult the site is to access also. Poke around that site for a while and you will learn everything you ever needed to know about the Fort. They even have videos of the loops taken from a golf cart cruising the loops.

2011 Ford F-350 4X4 CC LB SRW 6.7
2013 Keystone Fuzion 315
B&W Companion Hitch
1 wife 2 kids and 1 dog

dblr

Newark De

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/26/13 07:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I will 3rd the site Fort Fiends, you will get all the info ( and more) that you want and or need.

05 F350
2010 Cedar Creek 36RE

Poppy & Nana

Upstate New York

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/26/13 07:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

clicky

Leo & Kathy
Upstate, NY
in the Adirondacks

2013 Rubicon 2900 Toy Hauler
2008 - Ford F250 Super Crew 4x4

Dave in TN

Middle Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/26/13 07:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As noted by PP, the premium sites are all concrete, whereas the other sites will have some pavement and some "coquina", which is like crushed shells and sand. If you have kids and/or dogs, the coquina tends to get tracked into the RV a lot. Otherwise, for adults you might not mind it and can definitely save some money. It also depends on what you want to be near as far as what type of site you request, as some loops are closer to the pool area (Meadow) and some are closer to the marina where the restaurant is and the boat to the Magic Kingdom.

I will also second the recommendation to check out fortfiends.net. You'll learn everything you wanted to know about the Fort and then some.

Ro646a

New Boston, MI

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/13 07:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are at Disney right now, in a premium site. The site number is 856. On the awning side we have about 50 feet of woods between us and our next neighbor. The campground is very nice and they make it really easy to get around in the parks without having to use your toad, if you have one.

At the site we are in WIFI is not available at the site. They will give you a cable modem that you can use to receive internet access at these sites. It works very well, and is much faster than WIFI at any of the other parks we have been in. There is a $125 refundable deposit for the modem.

* This post was edited 01/26/13 08:38am by Ro646a *

Roland and Elaine
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3904 Diesel pusher
CAT 3126 330 HP with Allyson transmission
2004 Chevy Tracker LT V6 4WD
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
Ready Brake

Richert

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/13 10:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stay in the cheapest site we can get as we spend 95% of our day in the parks, if I where spending time in Fort Wilderness and doing some of the activities there I would probably opt for a preferred site. We stayed a preferred site a long time ago and it was very close to a bus stop or stop sign and all we heard were buses, I think it depends on what your plans are for your time there. We go at least twice a year and pay the lowest price possible so I can buy more Mickey Ears ice cream bars in the parks. Just Sayin.

Blake
2000 Kountry Star 3565
98 Jeep Wrangler Toad
Wife in passenger seat.

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/13 11:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And then you have the preferred loops. which are closer to the outpost or the boat dock.

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 13yrs
Daughter Marissa 12yrs
Dog Shadow R.I.P.

07 Cherokee 32B
02 Excursion 4X4 V-10 4.30 gear 5Star tuner Y-pipe mod Hellwig sway bar
Reese DualCam, Prodigy brake controller

A bad day of camping is
better than a good day at work!

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/13 02:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

the e-man wrote:

I have stayed at the Fort several times. It is a great campground. Full hookup and preferred sites are essentially the same. The difference is location. We have stayed in preferred sites in the 100 & 200 loops which provides easy walking access to the beach, store, Hoop De Doo Review, and boat transportation to the Magic Kingdom. We like the sand area for playing games and having a pace for the hammock.

Full hookup sites may be a bit further away but might be closer to the pool or nightly movie. We ride bikes for transportation but many choose to use a golf cart. If you bring your bikes, there is a nice trail that goes to the Wilderness Lodge.

In riding around the campground, the Premium sites have a much wider paved area and no sand area. They appear wide enough to park two vehicles on pavement vs one on the full hook up sites. If you have a very large rig, it would be easier to back into a premium site.

Not all of the loops are equal. The 100 & 200 are older. Sites may be a bit closer together. You probably wouldn't want to stay in one with much more than a 28 foot trailer. Some of the other loops look like they provide nice shade and distance between campers. There are others I would prefer not to stay in as they are a bit tight. One in particular, I don't remember the number, has a loop within a loop that had almost no privacy.

If you make a reservation, you might consider placing it by phone instead of on their web site. The phone reps seem better able to take request notes, look for discounts like AAA, etc.

A great place I have found to ask Fort related questions is the DIS Board forum on Camping at Disney World. http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24

Hope that helps.
the e-man

More in depth and more info. provided. and yes all this is true. I did get my 35 foot TT in one of the 200 loop sites, and yes it is tight. there wasn`t any room around my trailer and I had to put my trailer tires to the back part of the pad to be able to fit my Excursion on the site. I do remember the sites near the pool area were much larger. close to twice the size than the preffered loop sites.

the e-man

Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/27/13 01:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have stayed at the Fort several times. It is a great campground. Full hookup and preferred sites are essentially the same. The difference is location. We have stayed in preferred sites in the 100 & 200 loops which provides easy walking access to the beach, store, Hoop De Doo Review, and boat transportation to the Magic Kingdom. We like the sand area for playing games and having a pace for the hammock.

Full hookup sites may be a bit further away but might be closer to the pool or nightly movie. We ride bikes for transportation but many choose to use a golf cart. If you bring your bikes, there is a nice trail that goes to the Wilderness Lodge.

In riding around the campground, the Premium sites have a much wider paved area and no sand area. They appear wide enough to park two vehicles on pavement vs one on the full hook up sites. If you have a very large rig, it would be easier to back into a premium site.

Not all of the loops are equal. The 100 & 200 are older. Sites may be a bit closer together. You probably wouldn't want to stay in one with much more than a 28 foot trailer. Some of the other loops look like they provide nice shade and distance between campers. There are others I would prefer not to stay in as they are a bit tight. One in particular, I don't remember the number, has a loop within a loop that had almost no privacy.

If you make a reservation, you might consider placing it by phone instead of on their web site. The phone reps seem better able to take request notes, look for discounts like AAA, etc.

A great place I have found to ask Fort related questions is the DIS Board forum on Camping at Disney World. http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24

Hope that helps.
the e-man

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Disney Fort Wilderness Campsites Full Hookup vs Premium
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS