|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Looking for Satellite TV Opinions

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Sponsored By:
PDDGM

Lake Ozark, Mo

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/13 01:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are considering buying the Dish pay as you go system. It seems to be the best option to me. I know some RV parks have cable TV and we wouldn't need it. But we plan on spending a lot of time in state or national parks and they don't have cable..What is your opinion of the pay as you go deal and are there any pitfalls that you have experienced..

Joe

Joe
2000 Pace Arrow 33v
2010 Kia Soul
2005 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Tow Dolly with motorcycle carrier

Devonm2012

TN

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/13 01:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, not a Dish Network fan here. We have it as we live fulltime on the road. Their service is HORRIBLE and if you as to speak to a supervisor they will get just as nasty with you if you try and complain. We have to call each time we move so they can adjust our local channels and it is always a major issue. I have to call multiple times, etc. We will probably cancel here soon. Too much hassle.

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/13 01:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Unlike previous poster, we have been very pleased with Dish. Since we are not full timers we have Dish at home and the $7/mo RV add-on. If we are out of our home area a quick 5 minute phone call to Dish gets us reprogrammed to the nearest locals.
As far as customer service, they have been great every time I have ever called them.

bisgaard

Alpine, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/13 01:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

At home, we switched from cable to Dish. Got an extra receiver from dish to put in the rig, and also got a 'Tailgater' antenna on Amazon.

The portable 'Tailgater' antenna is a little more work, but it's now part of our normal camp setup routine. Its real advantage is at national parks with heavy tree cover, you can move it around to a spot with a clear view of the satellite.

We didn't opt for pay as you go as we also watch Dish at home.

TJ & Cindy, FMCA F363139
04 National RV Tropical T370
350Hp CAT-C7 3000MH
07 Honda Accord 5spd toad

parrothead48

Summerville, GA

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/13 02:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use the Tailgater also. Love how easy and flexible it is. We don't do pay as you go, we just added ours to our daughter's as she's in college and we're paying for it anyway, LOL!! Pay an extra $7 a month. We've always had pleasant service with their customer service, but I know that every company has some bad apples.

2007 Rockwood UltraLite 8388SS
2004 Ford F250 4x4
"We are the people our parents warned us about" Jimmy Buffett

parrothead48

Summerville, GA

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/13 02:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use the Tailgater also. Love how easy and flexible it is. We don't do pay as you go, we just added ours to our daughter's as she's in college and we're paying for it anyway, LOL!! Pay an extra $7 a month. We've always had pleasant service with their customer service, but I know that every company has some bad apples.

robsouth

Metro-Atlanta, GA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/13 02:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know anything about "Dish" but we have "DirectTV" and all I can say is, once you use satellite you will not want to use cable at any campground. Satellite is much better.

"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

TechWriter

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/13 02:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have DirecTV in the stick house and DISH in the RV. However, when we start fulltiming and motor off into the sunset, I'm taking DISH.

2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP
Full Timer since May 2013
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

wny_pat

Western NYS

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/13 02:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ontheroad2012 wrote:

Well, not a Dish Network fan here. We have it as we live fulltime on the road. Their service is HORRIBLE and if you as to speak to a supervisor they will get just as nasty with you if you try and complain. We have to call each time we move so they can adjust our local channels and it is always a major issue. I have to call multiple times, etc. We will probably cancel here soon. Too much hassle.

And I don't have one complaint with Dish Network. Service has been excellent of about 15 years now. Have a account at the stick & brick and when we are traveling I just call and add my motorhome's receiver back on active to the account. No one has ever gotten nasty with me and I have been been transfered to Advanced Tech Service several times. And what I've heard of Direct, no way will I go there.

“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

sowego

northwestern corner of the Nebraska panhandle

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/13 02:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've had DirecTV's "mobile" sat. system for over 10 years. That plan gives us the east & west coast network stations so it was and still is very handy for catching all of our shows. We can take one of the boxes with us when we travel to use with the dome antenna on the MH. DirecTV didn't care about what our travel lifestyle was & still is. It has worked wonderfully for us. It does however cost extra. I'd contact them to get the full details for the type of service you think will work best for you.

2002 Tiffin Phaeton
2005 Malibu Maxx toad

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Looking for Satellite TV Opinions
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: