RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: okanagan truck camper good or bad?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> okanagan truck camper good or bad?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
jimh425

Western WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/13 07:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Okanogans had spotty build quality. Compared to other premium brands, they were not worth the higher prices. That being said the biggest area of concern are their slides. There is good and bad about every brand. The price seems a little high even though they were expensive new.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR. '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Firestone Air Bags, Hankook DH-01 225/19.5 Fs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

pando2

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/13 12:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had an Okanagan 811SL, we loved it and just sold it to move up to more space in a 5th wheel. They are well made. However, I don't think they are in business now, not sure if that affects your decision, and I cannot comment on the price.

2008 Ford F350 crew cab short box PSD, 2005 28 foot Gulfstream Innsbruck 5th wheel, 1993 Trav-l-Mate 8'-9"WS camper

dennis1

Seattle, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/13 03:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I own a 90W, 2005. Love it. It was on a 2005 3/4 Ton Chevy gasser. Too much sway even with new Rancho shocks, sway bar, and air bags. Changed to a 2007 1 Ton Dually, Crew cab, Duramax, Allison Trans. All stock from the factory no add-ons. Sooo much better. Weighs out at about 9900 GVW. That's 700 pounds too heavy for a 3/4ton. Now with a 2007 Dually I'm 1600 pounds under weight. The Okanagan is great camper. Headroom on cabover is the largest in its class. Love the larger wet bath compared to other campers. I paid $17000 including tax, with electric jacks and no A/C and no awning. Figure about $1000 for awning, and $1000 for A/C. I think it would be worth about $12-15K today. Howeve, if you bought a new TCs with the same equipment the cost today would be about $25K. So I'm sure they are asking a premuim for these older TCs. I have had no problems with the TC during the 7 years I've had it and still looks good and using it every Summmer. Changed the battery pair two years ago. Changed to Costco 6volt pair. Need more info PM me.

My new DRW and camper on the truck the first time.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> okanagan truck camper good or bad?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS