|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> RV bathroom faucet issue

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
scarpi

Phoenix

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/13 04:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi all. I have a PW Excel TD and I would like to replace the bathroom faucet. It is the type with the shower diverter. The problem is that the faucet arm is too short. It is very close to the side of the sink and we can hardly get our hands between the spout and the side of the sink to wash our hands etc. Is there a four inch standard faucet with a shower diverter that has a longer spout that would make it much easier to wash your hands?
Thanks all.....Don.

charles

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/13 05:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don, The same question was asked a year or so ago and I believe they found one to fit at Lowes or Home Depot.

Nick

2012 Pleasure-way Excel TS

CA POPPY

Santa Clarita, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/13 10:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

scarpi wrote:

Hi all. I have a PW Excel TD and I would like to replace the bathroom faucet. It is the type with the shower diverter. The problem is that the faucet arm is too short. It is very close to the side of the sink and we can hardly get our hands between the spout and the side of the sink to wash our hands etc. Is there a four inch standard faucet with a shower diverter that has a longer spout that would make it much easier to wash your hands?
Thanks all.....Don.

Yes, that faucet is something we replaced after our first trip with our Excel TD. Interesting, how such a small detail can be so annoying. I will have to ask Bud where he got it, but we replaced with a faucet that allowed a connector to one of those flexible dishwashing hoses you used to see in stick houses. That way, with the hose attached, we can get the temp adjusted and then take a quick shower and the on/off is right there, fast to switch. And yes, the faucet throw is longer, making it much easier for hand washing. (the hose is left off when not needed.) I am sure we got the supplies at Lowe's or Home Depot, but will get back to you on the details.

Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
co-pilots Rosie & Darcy

CA POPPY

Santa Clarita, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/13 07:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Okay, I debriefed Bud and the faucet we installed is a Delta, similar to THIS ONE but in chrome. The goose neck spigot not only provides more room to wash your hands but it also makes hooking up the shower hose easier. After it was installed, we replaced the original strainer with a "quick disconnect" and added a shower hose/shower head combo that came as a set from the plumbing dept at our local hardware store. The shower head has a button that slows the flow to a trickle and gives you a chance to turn off the faucet handles. The turn off/trickle also gives you a chance to shampoo your hair and have the water temp stay the same when you turn it back on to rinse. This is one of the best mods we've made to our Excel TD.

CA POPPY

Santa Clarita, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/13 07:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One other bathroom issue while we're talking PW Excel TD. On our first long trip, somebody (name withheld to protect the guilty) left a wet washcloth draped over the front of the sink overnight. In the morning, the countertop laminate had started to separate. Luckily, we happened to have a wood clamp with us. We put a dry washcloth over the edge and applied the wood clamp and left it there for a day or two. Whew! You can't tell that it ever happened. I do kind of envy the Corian countertops the newer units have.

scarpi

Phoenix

View Profile

Posted: 04/15/13 09:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks all for the comments. We love our PW but that bathroom faucet is something else. I bet the designers who thought of that did not really try to use it to wash their hands. I will try your fixes thanks again.....Don.

CA POPPY

Santa Clarita, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/15/13 10:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

scarpi wrote:

Thanks all for the comments. We love our PW but that bathroom faucet is something else. I bet the designers who thought of that did not really try to use it to wash their hands. I will try your fixes thanks again.....Don.

Agree. Bud had the original faucet in the garage and I was shocked (again) when I looked at it, to realize it is thin plastic with small plastic handles. Didn't seem like the well-known PW quality.

scarpi

Phoenix

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/13 12:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi all, well as suggested, I bought a faucet at Home Depot that has a longer spout (about 5 inches) instead of the original spout that was only about 3 inches long. The new spout also has a high arc unlike the original straight one so we will be able to wash our hands easily. I also bought an aireator to replace the one that came with the new faucet and screws in directly to the spout. This new aireator has one end that plugs into a quick disconnect. I then bought a quick disconnect that is attached to the shower hose. This quick disconnect then plugs directly into the new faucet aireator when I want to shower. Thanks to this forum and members for the way to solve this problem. I plan on installing this over the next couple of days. Thanks all.......Don.

PSW

Oklahoma City

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/19/13 05:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After reading this post regarding faucets, I took a look at the kitchen faucet in our Roadtrek. I have no knowledge about PWs, but man I gotta tell you, I don't think I have the courage to ever try to replace the faucet in my RT. Simply put, with an undermounted sink and a Corian countertop, I don't think a fly could hardly get up in there to do the job. I did have a small leak that had started from the top of the thing, but I was able to tighten it and shut that down completely. The only way I could figure out how to do the under the counter replacement would be to cut out a couple of shelves that are in the lower part of the cabinet and are put in there in a slot on either side, a sort of tongue and grove type installation. Then, I think I would have to take the drain pipe out to make room to get my hand back in there and would probably have to use a mirror and light to see what I was trying to do.

I replaced a faucet in a Class C once and it was easy as pie. All of our Bs share a smaller size and less work space on just about everything. I am sure glad your PW job was doable. Roadtrekers, beware!!

PSW
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular

scarpi

Phoenix

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/13 01:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well I finally replaced that bathroom faucet with the parts I previously mentioned. The new faucet works great, no leaks and we can easily wash our hands because the new faucet spout is higher and longer. For showers I just plug in the shower hose to the faucet spout with the quick disconnect! Thanks for the tips all....Don

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> RV bathroom faucet issue
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS