|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Toyoda diesel under test

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
hone eagle

essex ontario canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/13 04:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

linc

Looks like another diesel 1/2 coming down the pike

2005 Volvo 670 singled freedomline 12 speed
Newmar 34rsks 2008
Hensley trailersaver TSLB2H
directlink brake controller

-when overkill is cheaper-

BroncosFan

USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/13 04:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseac........d/27188119/gotomsg/27208963.cfm#27208963

hone eagle

essex ontario canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/13 06:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't look at all the same to me

Bionic Man

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/13 08:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm still surprised it took so long for anyone to come to the game with a 1500 diesel. CAFE is going to force these trucks on us, like it or not. Personally, I look forward to more diesels.

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/12/13 01:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now if the oil companies quit lifting my wallet every time a grabbed the green nozzle! Chris

2015 RAM 3500 CC SB SRW Our Rig New 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Commuter trailer 2019 Laredo 225MK. Retired and enjoying it!

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/13 04:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bionic Man wrote:

I'm still surprised it took so long for anyone to come to the game with a 1500 diesel. CAFE is going to force these trucks on us, like it or not. Personally, I look forward to more diesels.

Yes you will see a lot more diesels.Whether like the RAM who knows, but I see more 3 litre ones happening.

Bob Landry

Austin, texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/13 06:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They like to talk about HP, torque, and towing capacity, but not payload, and that's the shortfall of all of the 1/2 ton trucks.

2011 Keystone Outback 277RL

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/13 07:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobertRyan wrote:

Bionic Man wrote:

Yes you will see a lot more diesels.Whether like the RAM who knows, but I see more 3 litre ones happening.

That is a very good point and I wonder if Nissan and Toyota will offer something like a HD 1/2 ton like Ford does. If they did, I would consider one. If the payload was the same as the gas models, I'd stick with gas.

2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Perrysburg Dodgeboy

Perrysburg, Ohio USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/13 08:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So how long before GM and Ford pulls their collective heads out of their backsides!

AG wrote:

While Nissan has said it will offer a new diesel option for the Titan, Toyota is also investigating a diesel powertrain, with a source familiar to the project informing AutoGuide that diesel Tundras are already undergoing testing.

Speaking with Tundra chief engineer Mike Sweers, he wouldn’t confirm or deny the reports but did say that the earliest any such option would arrive would be 2017. The reason for the date is that new Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) regulations come into place then, essentially making any current diesel engine irrelevant.

Looks like they won't do anything until 2017 if at all.

I'm still wondering what Nissan will be bringing to the table as far as truck class? Would hope they are going to use that Cummins in a 3/4 ton class truck. Would be a big waste of that 300HP/500TQ engine to go into a 1/2 truck. But then maybe they are going to play the Ford game, selling a 3/4 class truck in the 1/2 ton class.

Note my 2004 Cummins is rated at 305HP/555TQ and pulled our 9800# TT with ease. Considering the 5.0 Cummins is a V-8 it will or should be a lot faster then my in-line 5.9. And we all know that being the fastest even by two tenths of a second make that truck the best thing since toast. At least it does with some here at RV.NET!

Don

2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/12/13 08:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Me Again wrote:

Now if the oil companies quit lifting my wallet every time a grabbed the green nozzle! Chris

X2. Ain't it amazing? Local gas prices continue to drop like a rock, yet that 50 cent or so spread between gasoline and diesel remains.............[emoticon] while diesel prices only decrease 1-3 cents at a time. [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Toyoda diesel under test
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS