|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Hybrid Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Hybrid Travel Trailers

> Rockwood ROO 233 Warning

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
johnc.ramsey

kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/14 03:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In 2009 I purchased a new Forest River ROO 233 from Arbogast in Troy, OH. The front bed unit had just been upgraded and was new. In 2012 I replaced the same front bed unit because of water damage. Now I have discovered the other two beds have the same type of damage. The unit was kept covered through the winter months and last fall I built a shelter. The camper has been well kept and maintained. My estimated damage is 4000 dollars. Please warn you friends off of hybrids- I understand that some of you are saying "I could have told you so". I could find no other Form that seemed legit to sound off on, so TY

ChooChooMan74

Tiverton, RI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/29/14 04:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Welcome to the forum.

Nice of you to join to just rant. I, myself, have a Roo front bunk being shipped for my camper. But, you don't see me ranting and raving. It is an issue, and hopefully it will be taken care of. Having a big hole in the side of a camper, especially the front, isn't the easiest thing in the world to keep water tight.

Hope you try and enjoy camping.
And yes, my next camper will be a 98% chance of bot being a hybrid. But, I am not going to be trading in for several years.

Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized

kknowlton

southeast Idaho, formerly IL/WI border

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/29/14 07:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry about your troubles with the Roo. There is a Forest River owners forum online - you may want to check into it. I've seen a few at least mild rants on it. [emoticon] Good luck with the repairs, or whatever else your plans are for it.

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2013 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2502S

bikendan

Camano Island, Wash.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/30/14 12:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

well, i have a 2007 Roo 23SS and have NEVER had leak issues.
sorry you did with yours but there are lots of Roo and Shamrock owners that haven't had the issues you did.

by the way, i belong to 6 different Hybrid forums, so there are a lot of places you can rant at, if you feel the need to.

Dan- Firefighter">, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur">, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP">), 2014 Ford F150 Ecoboost, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/Equalizer and Prodigy, and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

bbq-breath

LI-NY

View Profile

Posted: 05/30/14 09:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am glad someone else sees my issues with hybrids. Great idea...poorly executed!

kvangil

Aurora, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/30/14 12:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry about your issues... We're happy with our hybrid, and will be upgrading to another one when we outgrow this one. There's a bad one in every batch, unfortunately...

2004 Jayco X23b
2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4x4

johnc.ramsey

kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 05/30/14 01:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Choo Choo Man. But it is not one bed it is all three. Rules for joining said I could complain but not often, so this is a comment not a complaint. So, you are a dealer aren't you. Nice try. Stay away from hybrids folks.

Jetta03

Alberta Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/30/14 04:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've got a 2009 21ss, no problems with seals or bed ends yet, although It does have some slight delamination at the bottom of the front bunk door. Couple years ago I caulked around the metal framing on the front door/fibreglass and it stopped the delam. First thing I would do on a new hybrid is caulk around the doors.

On another note, you can buy the door insert as a unit from forest river. Should be an easy fix if you are even a bit handy.

ChooChooMan74

Tiverton, RI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/30/14 07:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

johnc.ramsey wrote:

Thanks Choo Choo Man. But it is not one bed it is all three. Rules for joining said I could complain but not often, so this is a comment not a complaint. So, you are a dealer aren't you. Nice try. Stay away from hybrids folks.
Dude, first of all, I am not a dealer. The name says it all. I am a class 1 railroad engineer. 2nd, joining a forum just to post a rant, to me, is wrong. Maybe if you came on and asked about bunk issues on hybrids or forest river products saying that you're experiencing an isses, that is another thing.

I bought mine used, and noticed the water damage after I bought it (learning what to look for after my purchase). Maybe the previous owner didn't do proper maintenance. Maybe you didn't do proper maintenance and that is why all yours are messed up when others say they have no issues.

And, saying that we are 98% sure we are not getting a hybrid next is for personal preference with floorplans. But, if we do get a hybrid, it will be a Roo 233S.

Now,that being said, I hope your issues are fixed and you spend some nice time camping. Happy camping and be safe. Safety is a way of life.

dwright1969

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/31/14 08:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought my hybrid last year and have used it in some very heavy downpours without a single leak. The only water issue I have had was condensation on the inside when it was really cold outside and there are ways to deal with that. I'd recommend them to anyone looking for a lighter weight option for a trailer. My next TT will most likely not be a hybrid but that has to do with floor plans and not dissatisfaction with the hybrid.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Hybrid Travel Trailers

> Rockwood ROO 233 Warning
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Hybrid Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS